Round 17 Trades

Started by whynot102, September 09, 2020, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Quote from: sidvicious on September 11, 2020, 01:17:21 PM
Quote from: shaker on September 11, 2020, 12:42:38 PM
Quote from: arbel on September 11, 2020, 11:47:27 AM
Its been reported that Coniglio is out of Giants team ... been confirmed by his manager
If it wasn't bad enough already I have Simpkin , J Martin , Docherty all possible outs now Coniglio is out any rookies I have get dropped and it's donut time yum yum.
I didnt see the carlton game as I work Arvos.( which has been a nightmare for S/C this year) I dont see where it say Docherty is a possible out. Can someone please enlighten me.
No sign of anything last game, although I have read previously that he has been pulling up sore after a lot of games this season. Reportably went for scans on a calf a couple of days ago. Teague today confirmed he was sore, but that Docherty was adamant he would play (a player would always say that though wouldn't they....)

Wanderer

Given Conigs is out, I can:

1) Afford a player like Hopper, Taranto, Viney, Houston, but then I only have enough money for Charlie Dixon to finish my FWDs.
or
2) Get Acres, which then gives me enough money to get Greenwood instead of Dixon.

sidvicious

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 11, 2020, 02:09:24 PM
Its been reported that Coniglio is out of Giants team ... been confirmed by his manager
If it wasn't bad enough already I have Simpkin , J Martin , Docherty all possible outs now Coniglio is out any rookies I have get dropped and it's donut time yum yum.
I didnt see the carlton game as I work Arvos.( which has been a nightmare for S/C this year) I dont see where it say Docherty is a possible out. Can someone please enlighten me.
No sign of anything last game, although I have read previously that he has been pulling up sore after a lot of games this season. Reportably went for scans on a calf a couple of days ago. Teague today confirmed he was sore, but that Docherty was adamant he would play (a player would always say that though wouldn't they....)
Thanks after some more looking found this on herald sun
DOCHERTY IN DOUBT WITH CALF ISSUE
Sam Docherty has sent a scare through the KFC SuperCoach world after it was revealed he had scans for a suspected calf strain.

Fortunately, it is a low grade strain and he is nowhere to be seen on Carlton’s injury list, which is a positive sign.

Reports on Wednesday suggested the Blues still expect their co-captain to play in Round 17 against Adelaide.

The 26-year-old will have a fitness test later in the week.

crowls

Quote from: Wanderer on September 11, 2020, 02:20:42 PM
Given Conigs is out, I can:

1) Afford a player like Hopper, Taranto, Viney, Houston, but then I only have enough money for Charlie Dixon to finish my FWDs.
or
2) Get Acres, which then gives me enough money to get Greenwood instead of Dixon.
Punt on Acres,  thought he might break out last year.  Has upside and Greenwood should be good for 100.

crowls

Quote from: sidvicious on September 11, 2020, 02:48:02 PM
Sam Docherty has sent a scare through the KFC SuperCoach world after it was revealed he had scans for a suspected calf strain.

Fortunately, it is a low grade strain and he is nowhere to be seen on Carlton’s injury list, which is a positive sign.

Reports on Wednesday suggested the Blues still expect their co-captain to play in Round 17 against Adelaide.

why would you play a 30+ yr old with potential calf strain unless they think doesnt matter has all summer to recover.

Rusty00

Quote from: crowls on September 11, 2020, 03:10:16 PM

why would you play a 30+ yr old with potential calf strain unless they think doesnt matter has all summer to recover.
He's only 26 ;)

No point holding him back now. If it was a shoulder or ankle that needed surgery you could understand getting that done now. Plenty of time for a calf strain to recover over summer I would've thought*

* I am no medical expert and am only guessing, and want him to play in my team this week ;)

tkringle

Quote from: crowls on September 11, 2020, 03:10:16 PM

He is 26 as per the article above?

whynot102

Trade Cogs to who one trade left only $1500:in the kitty

Blues Blues Blues

Rusty00

Ended up bringing in Acres, once Riccardi was dropped. Worked out ok :)

Wanderer

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 12, 2020, 11:54:11 PM
Ended up bringing in Acres, once Riccardi was dropped. Worked out ok :)

Yeah, I went with Acres and happy with the result. Now just need Dunkley to do well.

Hazza09

Not sure which way to go, I’m 100 behind in my league game but opponent has played 2 players more.

Cripps, Bont, T Mitch, Llyod, WICKS, Maynard & Grundy
Vs
Macrae, Neale, Rayner, Adams, Greenwood

I only have 45k.

I am thinking of going Docherty - Greeves and upgrading Wicks to Neale to cancel him out or
Wicks to Wingard and Greeves for Shoenberg.

Thing is if I trade Docherty he becomes a POD.

Ingram

Quote from: Ingram on September 10, 2020, 05:44:07 PM
Even if Docherty plays what sort of score would you be expecting? What if he's injured mid game and finishes on a shower score?

Wish I listened to this guy....

FMSC!