Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

I don't want Cotchin ;)

I want Whitfield :D

Maca24

I haven't even done any draft research :P

Justin Bieber

Colliwobblers

OK so I will give the following explanations to the draft setup. Even tho it needs to be understood that is is FINAL and not open for any further negotiation. We voted on the rookie/preseason order and it was a clear choice of option B.

The Initial draft - These are the AFL players that we can draft that are "ready made" scorers. These players WILL score us guaranteed points and the advantage of drafting early is significant if you look at the average scores the first round picks for the first half of round 1 will significantly outscore the players taken in the back half of round 1.

These players will all be our captains, (most likely) - this is DOUBLE advantage not just a Swan over Swallow but a "double Swan over Swallow.

So for that reason the reverse order in the National draft was adopted and the repeat was also adopted because the difference between pick 1 and pick 16 in the national draft, while it might be "significant" ONE DAY, it will not be for some 2-5 seasons to come. Especially not if it is a KPP or a Ruck.

The Vice Captain scoring player option was added 1. For interest it makes it a more interesting competition. AND 2. for team balance. It allows late drafting teams ( Whatlez pick 16+17 ) to be able to match (Nails/PB pick 1+32).

If you do the maths on the players ranked in these positions with pick 1 and pick 16 being 200% Captains, and picks 17 and 32 being 150% Vice Captains, THE TEAM WITH PICK 1 STILL OUTSCORES THE TEAM WITH PICK 16. ( from those two players as C and VC )

The rookie/preseason draft really doesn't lend anyone much advantage, and if players taken in this draft do give a team an advantage, then the drafting in the initial and national drafts will have been EXTREMELY equal and that is the point. IT IS.

If you draft early in the initial draft, and late in the national draft, you get better established players (marginally) and weaker new players (marginally).

This said, you are early in the Initial draft so you have the opportunity to draft the high draft picks from 2011 and 2010 and earlier in the initial draft before the late teams can draft them......

ENOUGH on this :) I expected the vote on the rookie preseason to be closer and i would have supported a random order, but the option B got up and we will stick by it now, as I said there should be little to no advantage in drafting early in the rookie/ preseason draft, considering anyone that passes late in the national draft will get their picks at the top of this rookie/preseason draft also.

@ Jayman - Yes I will post the rulebook in the official thread which is locked. I will get this done tonight and tomorrow night.

The draft can start as soon as everyone wants it to, the general consensus is straight away, and or as soon as everyone is available.

Some said after the British draft, that is only a few rounds off now anyway and I see no reason to wait for that to finish in any case.

People drafting in both will be required to AT MOST pick once in each draft every 24 hours. So not a big ask.

I will PM everyone and ASK "are you ready ?"

When I have 15 readies..... I will name the start date, most likely on a Friday or Saturday evening.

May be a good idea now to start discussing what time and day bext suits you all to start, for WHEN everyone confirms they are READY

Colliwobblers

TRADING OF DRAFT PICKS HAS BEEN VOTED TO BE ALLOWED.

THIS MEANS YOU CAN NOW NEGOTIATE TO TRADE YOUR DRAFT POSITION WITH ANY OTHER TEAM.

I WILL PROVIDE A DEADLINE FOR DRAFT POSITION CHANGES TO BE FINALIZED BY AS SOON AS I HAVE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION TEAMS ARE READY TO DRAFT.

NOTE: CHANGING YOUR DRAFT POSITION IN THE INITIAL DRAFT CHANGES IT IN THE NATIONAL AND ROOKIE/PRESEASON DRAFT AS WELL.

NOTE: ONCE THE INITIAL DRAFT ORDER IS FINALIZED AND BEGINS DRAFT POSITIONS CANNOT BE EXCHANGED AT ANY POINT BEFORE OR DURING ANY OF THE DRAFTS.

Colliwobblers

RULE VARIATION VOTE RESULTS:

THE RULE: HOW WE APPOINT EMERGENCIES FOR THE CAPTAIN AND VICE CAPTAIN.

THE OPTIONS

A) Existing Rule -

You name a Captain (200%) You name a Vice Captain (150%)

You name an Emergency Captain - This player becomes your Captain if your Captain misses the game.

You name an Emergency Vice Captain - This player becomes your Vice Captain if your Vice Captain misses the game.

B) Modified Rule (B) -

You name a Captain (200%) You name a Vice Captain (150%)

You name a Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 1 Player AND a Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 2 Player

IF ONLY YOUR CAPTAIN MISSES -

Your Vice Captain becomes your Captain AND Your Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 1 Player becomes your Vice Captain.

IF ONLY YOUR VICE CAPTAIN MISSES -

Your Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 1 Player becomes your Vice Captain.

IF BOTH YOUR CAPTAIN AND YOUR VICE CAPTAIN MISSES -

Your Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 1 Player becomes your Captain.

AND

Your Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 2 Player becomes your Vice Captain.

* Note, in every case the Player named at "Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 1 Player" is taken as a replacement for your Vice Captain. Only when both your Captain and your Vice Captain BOTH miss does the player names at "Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 1 Player" get used.

C) Modified Rule (C) -

THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS MODIFIED RULE (B)  EXCEPT

THERE IS NO "Captain/Vice Captain Emergency # 2 Player"

* You only name a CAPTAIN (200%) , a VICE CAPTAIN (150%) , and an EMERGENCY C/VC .

everything works the same as it does in modified rule (B) except there is no 2nd Player for cover for your C/VC.

If BOTH your Captain and Vice Captain miss the emergency player naturally replaces your Captain and you get no Vice Captain cover or score.

THE RESULTS

(A) - 2

(B) - 3

(C) - 7

VOTES COUNTED: 12 / 16

JBs_Hawks
picker_man
jayman
adamant
maca24
whatlez
bb67th
nostradamus
koopkicka
jroo8
tbagrocks
tor01doc

Jay

tor01doc

If this is where I vote for C VC emerg rule then I vote for the modified rule / option number 2

which I believe gives you the highest score if C and VC play / C misses and VC and emerg 1 play / C and VC both miss and then emerg 1 and 2 play / C plays but VC misses / and generally takes more chance / luck out of the equation which I believe means the better team will benefit more and will counteract the really stupid, brainless, numbskull but absolutely unavoidable sub thingo that is going on and wrecking my life in general.

We should be able to rely on our intelligent decisions regarding C anc VC and reap the rewards of sensible recruiting and not suffer from late withdrawals / general soreness crapola and may the best team win!

Aye Men!  ::)

BB67th

I would like to vote for modified rule C.

nostradamus

KoopKicka

Jroo

tbagrocks

That'll be a

C

Justin Bieber

I just voted A, cause I didn't feel like reading hahah :P

tor01doc