WXV Preliminary Finals: Magpies v Thunder, Islanders v Cobras

Started by Purple 77, September 08, 2020, 09:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 14, 2020, 09:24:50 AM
Preliminary Finals should be a lot harder to win, let's hope for more of a contest in the Granny.
It's great to see someone so humble in victory making the GF!

Toga

upthemaidens

Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2020, 10:47:30 AM
Preliminary Finals should be a lot harder to win, let's hope for more of a contest in the Granny.
The truth can be hard to accept for some.
  Oh well a few more years of rebuilding and Crape town might get somewhere.  'Might' being the key word.

GoLions

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 14, 2020, 02:04:19 PM
  Oh well a few more years of rebuilding and Crape town might get somewhere.  'Might' being the key word.
The truth is that both teams had great years, but this week your midfield went off and mine didn't, and will likely be the difference once the game is over. And if you can't acknowledge the fact that we actually had a great year, being the 3rd highest scoring team (ahead of Pacific mind you), and making a prelim after finishing last 2 years ago, then i send my sincerest condolences.

upthemaidens

Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2020, 02:27:30 PM
The truth is that both teams had great years, but this week your midfield went off and mine didn't, and will likely be the difference once the game is over. And if you can't acknowledge the fact that we actually had a great year, being the 3rd highest scoring team (ahead of Pacific mind you), and making a prelim after finishing last 2 years ago, then i send my sincerest condolences.
Blah blah blah.   Says nothing, points to the scoreboard and smiles.

Holz

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 14, 2020, 02:58:13 PM

cute

makes their first GF and thinks they are in the big boy club. You better hope you can stephen bradbury your way to a first flag and then you can say your as good as New Dehli

PowerBug

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on September 14, 2020, 02:58:13 PM

Gets king hit for being a cow

upthemaidens

Port Morseby might even make a grand final, now that would be a huge, some say very huge effort.

upthemaidens

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Toga on September 14, 2020, 11:09:03 AM
FFS - too many passengers :-\

Well done Seoul

Cheers mate I’m sure it won’t be our last time battling it out in finals

GoLions

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 14, 2020, 11:09:53 PM
Quote from: Toga on September 14, 2020, 11:09:03 AM
FFS - too many passengers :-\

Well done Seoul

Cheers mate I’m sure it won’t be our last time battling it out in finals
It's great to see someone so humble in victory making the GF :)

Good luck Seoul!

Purple 77

Meek Magpies fly through whimpering Thunder

Well, this game disappointed. There were so many players that underperformed on the big stage, but none moreso than the captains and Beijing's Lachie Neale, whom produced his worst score since... I dunno when. A bitter pill to swallow for Beijing, having now lost its third consecutive preliminary final. For Seoul, it gets a lucky reprieve, and must be better prepared going into its second Grand Final.

Seoul Magpies (20.11.131) def Beijing Thunder (18.8.116)

Best
Seoul: Christian Salem, Lachie Weller, Josh Kelly, Will Setterfield
Beijing: Caleb Daniel, Tom Rockliff, Brodie Grundy

Late Changes
Seoul: Toby McLean subbed out for Jamie Elliott
Beijing: Callan Ward replaced by Daniel Howe

WXV Debut
Seoul: Nil
Beijing: Nil

Club debut
Seoul: Nil
Beijing: Nil

SEOUL progress to the GRAND FINAL
BEIJING finishes 3rd

TOM ROCKLIFF wins a FINALS CHAMPION Medal

Purple 77

Pacific pummel Cape Town

It was a comprehensive performance by the Islanders, whose midfield stepped up to swat away any challenge Cape Town may have presented. Whilst Shuey, Cunnington and Andrews would have been instrumental for Cape Town, Pacific more than earned its victory with two scores in the 30s preventing an otherwise strong 160.

A huge congratulations to Pacific for making its first Grand Final appearance! Whilst for Cape Town, 2020 was a huge success, having finished with the wooden spoon just 2 seasons ago! With a list profile that will stick around for a little longer yet, future challenges for the ultimate glory look a given, and we look forward to seeing how they fare going forward.

Pacific Islanders (25.6.156) def Cape Town Cobras (21.8.134)

Best
Pacific: Rory Laird, Marcus Bontempelli, Andrew Gaff, Jarryd Lyons, Devon Smith, Matt Taberner, Harry Perryman
Cape Town: Luke McDonald, Callum Mills, Sam Menegola, Trent Rivers

Late Changes
Pacific: Michael Hurley, Josh Jenkins & Peter Wright replaced by Harrison Himmelberg, Tom McCartin & Tim O'Brien
Cape Town: Ben Ainsworth replaced by Shane McAdam

WXV Debut
Pacific: Nil
Cape Town: Shane McAdam

Club debut
Pacific: Nil
Cape Town: Nil

PACIFIC progresses to the GRAND FINAL
CAPE TOWN finishes 4th

MARCUS BONTEMPELLI wins a FINALS CHAMPION Medal

Purple 77

Shanghai Storm claims another city

My goodness! The team that scraped into 8th position has now claimed the 5th, 1st and 2nd ranked teams on its way to the Grand Final, comfortably accounting for Durban in the 8 v 5 onslaught. Can they go all the way?

Durban Pirates (6.9.45) lost to Shanghai Storm (17.11.113)

Best
Durban: Shaun Burgoyne
Shanghai: Daniel Rioli, Mason CoxJames Aish, Wil Powell

SHANGHAI progresses to the GRAND FINAL
DURBAN finishes 3rd