Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstiges

Good to hear that Jack has chosen to stay, as well as Grimesy, hopefully he can avoid injury.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-26/im-a-tiger-for-life-grimes

Toga

Good to hear grimesy is keen to stay on! Hopeful he can stay on the park web he returns!! :)

Toga

And just saw that Jack has signed!!! Woooo! :D

Nige

Nige

Quote from: Jack RiewoldtI genuinely love this football club and all it stands for.

Toga

Thought I might as well turn this into a discussion thread for all stuff about Richmond's contracting/drafting/trading over the coming months...

Looks like we're after out-of-contract Giant Taylor Adams... Could add some grunt to our midfield?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-25/eye-of-the-tiger-on-adams

Nige

Well, we were after Dom Tyson too, I actually think we'll be in with a good shot of getting him. If he wants to move back home, we're definitely a team you would think he may want to come to considering where we're at.

I'm actually very interested to see who gets traded/delisted/drafted/picked up in free agency by the Tiges this year.

Any players we definitely think are on their way out either through delisting/trading/free agency?

kilbluff1985

GWS want a Key defender or a ruckmen do you guys have any to spare? doesn't look like it

Toga

Ben Griffiths may interest them. Can play both KPD & Ruck.

Also Jake Batchelor...

Ziplock

If tyson wanted to go back home he wouldn't have signed with the giants until 2015.

adams is more of chance to go by far.

honestly though I think the giants would prefer they walked to the PSD rather than trade them for fringe players like griffiths or batchelor.

Toga

Yeah don't think Tyson will be coming home now that he signed that extension, think our focus has probably switched more towards Adams now..

Not really sure who we would have to offer... I think Batch wouldn't be too bad an addition to your defense TBH, bit of a bigger body back there. And maybe some draft picks or something, not sure.

kilbluff1985

think Essendon have a better chance of getting him with Gumby and or one of our key defenders

nickstiges

If you look at our trade bait of sorts it'd probably be Griffiths, Nahas, Astbury, Helbig and to a lesser extent Batchelor.
None of which would interest GWS in trading Tyson, think Adams is a chance though (is he a free agent or under contract?).

Hopefully we can resign Dusty soon and especially Conca, has to be coming up to his real breakout season next year, haven't read anything on his intentions anywhere though.

Ziplock

neither- he's out of contract, but he's not a free agent- if we dont trade for him, he'll have to go under the PSD.

I don't think we'd mind batchelor, but I don't think we'd trade adams for him. Honestly, I dunno if you guys have the chips to make a play for him.

Kellogscrunchynut

Heard that Dusty will be more likely to sign on a 2 year contract than a longer term contract.