Main Menu

Martin on the trade table

Started by nrich102, March 15, 2013, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Oh geez I forgot the only way you become a good player is when the media talk about you. Rockliff, Priddis, Sewell and co most be shower the media don't talk about them much. (That's if you live anywhere else apart from their respective states)

Rich and Yarran have become one of the best players at their clubs.

I never said Howard was thrown into the deep end I said he is trying to replace Gilbee that's why he was drafted so pressure is on him.

TheAnt

Quote from: Noz on March 15, 2013, 10:23:27 PM
Oh geez I forgot the only way you become a good player is when the media talk about you. Rockliff, Priddis, Sewell and co most be shower the media don't talk about them much. (That's if you live anywhere else apart from their respective states)

Rich and Yarran have become one of the best players at their clubs.

I never said Howard was thrown into the deep end I said he is trying to replace Gilbee that's why he was drafted so pressure is on him.
I think you've mis-understood me on that one, I meant that Martin is the one who's getting talked about in the media getting outside pressure put on him.

tbagrocks

Are you joking or in denile, Dusty has bikie links and you can't deny that, although Gary Ablett Senior had a great career with a dodgy lifestyle, you can't just ignore that Dusty's roots will be of no influence

TheAnt

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 15, 2013, 10:36:02 PM
Are you joking or in denile, Dusty has bikie links and you can't deny that, although Gary Ablett Senior had a great career with a dodgy lifestyle, you can't just ignore that Dusty's roots will be of no influence
I wasn't saying that Martin has no bikie links so no I am not in denial, but surely you would choose footy, a much better paying job then being in a bikie gang?

Noz

Quote from: TheAnt on March 15, 2013, 10:38:28 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on March 15, 2013, 10:36:02 PM
I wasn't saying that Martin has no bikie links so no I am not in denial, but surely you would choose footy, a much better paying job then being in a bikie gang?

Being a Footballer pays more?

Going on roughly 200-400k a year being an AFL footballer
Or
being a bikie possible a drug lord making 50k a month

Hmm

TheAnt

Definitely 400k+
Regardless it's a better lifestyle.

tbagrocks

What does Dustin do when not at Punt Road? Right then!

TheAnt

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 15, 2013, 10:45:11 PM
What does Dustin do when not at Punt Road? Right then!
'Hardwick elaborated by saying Martin has begun a part-time job, a sign of maturity for the 21-year-old who endured a club suspension last season for some inappropriate behaviour.'

quinny88

Everyone likes sinking the boots into dusty don't worry about it boys. They will go quiet when he gives one of their players a 'don't argue' and bombs a goal from 60  ;)

Just to set it straight too.. Noz, Martin wasn't investigated by federal police.. That was the recent rumour that Hardwick scoffed at in a recent press conference and Martin contemplated taking legal action against the people starting rumours about him. Don't believe everything you hear.

And tbag.. Since when is being in a biker club against the law? What you need to understand is that 90% of them just love motorcycles. Not all of them are drug lords  ::) and Noz you must be kidding if you think every drug dealer earns 50k a Month? Less than 1% of them would so no there is not more money in him dealing drugs. Money hardly what's gonna sway his decision anyway. He loves football and playing in the AFL. Just wish the season would start so people would start talking about the good stuff his doing on the field rather than the BS that isn't happening off the field

Noz

Just to clarify I did say drug lord not a random drug dealer on the street.

They could make between 20 million to 300 million a year

They buy a pound of cocaine for a grand and smuggle into the US and sell for 15 grand

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 16, 2013, 08:59:33 AM
Just to clarify I did say drug lord not a random drug dealer on the street.

They could make between 20 million to 300 million a year

They buy a pound of cocaine for a grand and smuggle into the US and sell for 15 grand

Yeah but let's be real.. Martins not gonna become a drug lord is he?
He has a much higher chance of earning good money playing afl

tbagrocks

Difference between a biker club and an outlaw bikie gang

Toga

Is there any solid evidence saying that Martin has joined/wants to join a bikie gang or are we just going off rumours?

If it's just rumours I think it's a bit unfair on him. No one should have their name tarnished for the sake of a rumour.

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 16, 2013, 11:30:16 AM
Difference between a biker club and an outlaw bikie gang

^+1

there's no issue with joining a club with blokes who just like there bikes- there are plenty of legit ones around.

Chelskiman

Lol, wtf, when did this thread turn into a discussion about bikie gangs and drug lords? xD

Let's be honest here, Dusty is not going to become a bikie member and he's certainly not going to be come a drug lord.  You guys are worse than the papers.  A rumour (yes, rumour) that Martin knew a couple of bikies has now turned into him being patched into gang.  Seriously?  Do you guys have nothing better to do?  You have provided no evidence to this at all.  Stop trying to troll, because it's really not working.