2016 WXV Awards Night

Started by Levi434, August 01, 2016, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

As the magnificent 2016 World XV’s Season reaches it’s pinnacle, I think it’s best to look back on the season for all the highs and lows, all the misfortunes and mishaps, all the injuries and victories and of course all the brain rattling and sobbing. Ahhh who could forget the most frustrating, mind boggling and just flat out bewildering trade period ever! The amount of controversy and feelings hurt are still reverberating today. Any chance of compo am I right?

What about the redraft. Which in a highly controversial move saw the Buenos Aires coaches throw their team into a redraft with the newest WXV coach Adamant. Both teams have had interesting beginnings to their tenures, but both seem to be on the right track at this stage.

This year was easily one of the most competitive WXV seasons of the lot! No longer being dominated by the Mexico City Skunks or the bland Dublin Destroyed. Or was it? The word inconsistency is probably a word I could use to describe all 18 teams and all 825 players in the comp! Despite this, you had to feel like every team had a chance in every match. Which is all we can ask for in the end.

What about that final ladder? What about that final week of the season? So many teams that could make the top 8, so many teams that could secure a home final! What a way to finish the season.

As we approach the WXV Finals and ultimately the 2016 Grand Final, the end of yet another fantastic season, I think it is best to remember that being apart of the WXV is a very special thing and definitely the pinnacle of fantasy sports. Awards Night is a chance to celebrate this and to read a heck of a lot.

Apparently the most prestigious award being handed out tonight is the Jim Stynes Medal. This little thing has been won by 1 man and 1 God in it’s 4 year history. That’s right the SC God Gary Ablett won the first 3 editions of the Stynes Medal and a spud ruck won last year.

It’s a simple formula, the highest individual scorer in each of the Home and Away games is awarded 3 Votes, the second highest 2 Votes and the third highest 1 Vote.

Take Special note:
If a player(s) is tied for the highest scorer in any game, or the 2nd or 3rd highest, the RANDOM function in Microsoft Excel decides who gets the highest amount of votes. For example:

Daisy Pearce and Tayla Harris both score 150 points each, which was the highest individual score of that game. The RANDOM function in Microsoft Excel awards (at random) Tayla Harris 3 Votes and Daisy Pearce 2 Votes.

This is likewise if Kellie Gibson scores 175 points, Daisy Pearce and Tayla Harris get the second highest, so the RANDOM function awards (at random) Pearce 2 Votes and Harris 1 Vote. And so on if Pearce and Harris got the 3rd highest score.

As the night rolls along ossie85 and Purple 77 will be announcing other esteemed awards such as the All-Worlds Team, Reserves All-Worlds Team, Rising Star Winner, Coaches Award and of course the Coach of the Year.

The night will take place on Monday the 22nd of August, so ensure you have that night set aside and free up your calendar. If you’re a university student, stop procrastinating you lazy flowers and finish those assignments so you have an enjoyable night.

All players invited unless your name is Danyle Pearce. Also since WXV has pulled a finger out and actually spent money and booked a sizeable venue, feel free to bring along a date or someone else’s Mum. If all else fails a Katy Perry cardboard cutout will suffice.

Holz

Can i stick $1,000,000 on Danger at $1.0000000001 to 1.

It will be interesting to see whether a non mid will ever win this award again. Its hard to imagine someone matching Goldy. maybe Goldy again next year.

ossie85

I wouldn't bet on him, but someone like a Heath Shaw could finish top 5 maybe

Levi434

Upon this major announcement the Twitterverse has lit up!

Ricochet

Sandi mistypes his tweet and still gets 2 retweets :P

ossie85

Well, I'm clearing my calendar

Nige

If Fifth Harmony performs on the night, I'm boycotting the event.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on August 01, 2016, 12:25:04 PM
Sandi mistypes his tweet and still gets 2 retweets :P

Whats kinda funny, but im sure Meow isnt loving it, is that Sandilands is finally back playing, as soon as the Saints get knocked out.

ossie85

Quote from: Nige on August 01, 2016, 12:35:05 PM

Can I be honest? I have no idea who Fifth Harmony are. Should I be happy about that?

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on August 01, 2016, 12:40:50 PM

Can I be honest? I have no idea who Fifth Harmony are. Should I be happy about that?
Yep.

Purple 77

Well, this looks kinda epic.

Lol'd hard at Goldstein :P

A great review too!

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 01, 2016, 01:40:32 PM
Well, this looks kinda epic.

Lol'd hard at Goldstein :P

A great review too!

thats ok Goldy is busy preparing for finals coming off his team of the week performance. He took it easy playing this year through injury getting ready for finals.

Gawn has the luxury of knowing he can give 100% and have a early break in August playing for berlin. 

meow meow

No idea who they are either but you just made me vote for them :P

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on August 01, 2016, 02:32:47 PM

Enjoy.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on August 01, 2016, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 01, 2016, 02:32:47 PM

Enjoy.
Still better then Little Mix.