For people who want to move up the ladder

Started by Hippo, April 23, 2010, 04:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hippo

Quote from: grum88 on April 23, 2010, 05:37:14 AM
Dont mean to be a downer but.........[/size]
Your arguement is flawed not gonna bother explaining why coz' like most people who are good at DT & SC we dont try and tell every1 the right and wrong thing to do. We  know whats right, do it, and watch every1 else fade away!

I mean seriously this is a great site and all but look at Monty he's doing shi..t at the moment.
He's a great despenser of information but not a great fantasy coach!
Point being do your research and trust your own findings because no one really tells you the nitty gritty of doing well in these comps. As far as im concerned the most important thing is "MAth"

if your wondering Ranked in the top 2000 with 20 trades left. Will 100% finish in atleast the top 100.

Whatever Grum, seeing as your throwing rankings out i was 11th last week and am 50th this week so i am 100% IN THE TOP 100 ALREADY, and there are flaws in every argument. 100% finish in the top 100 will you, pretty sure of that aren't we.
I simply offered advice without big noting myself unlike what you have done here

you can take my advice or leave it because really i do not care what you do, but hey don't listen to me i have no idea what i am doing (and i'm in the top 1500 in DT)

Hippo

@ Prospecter, i was talking about players and trading them so not sure how you figure it doesn't go in the "Players and trading" section

Prospector_1

I can move it back if you like.

IMHO, your insights are the crucial stuff of strategy.

I see the players and trades section as info and advice on specific players and specific trades.

You don't have to agree. These are guidelines I'm developing to try to use the boards we have as well as possible.

If you want me to move it back, just say so ...

Hippo

If Only...

Interesting points.  I tend to think that there is no problem with picking up a popular selection but it should be because you believe in the selection and not because everyone else is doing it.

Trading Mitchell for Judd seems mad to me but picking up Judd could be a great idea depending on the situation.

With regard to ones like Pods and Rock, which many look like doing, it could be the case that not doing it may be more detrimental than gains made with a unique pick.  As someone said above, moving up with the crowds is not necessarily going to improve you in relation to others but it may be better than doing nothing and letting everyone pass you by.

I think, as with many things, there is a good middle ground.  If one has a forward who they wish to cut (for whatever reason - injury, form, team structure, change to a belief that they are actually not a good player), then doing so at the opportune time (such as when pods is on the bubble) is probably not a bad idea.  Cutting players who are fine (even if underperforming slightly) just to jump on the bandwagon is probably not a good idea.

Who knows? lol

elxam

you need to work out how many cash cows you currently have, how much money you'll need to upgrade to the prems you want, when you want, then look at the trades you have left after each round, do some mental calculations and come up with your own strategies....

there's a formulae to this for everyone because even if our teams are very similar our motivation and patience are not

Trust your own instincts and have some confidence in your earlier judgments.

Of course don't forget to keep yourself well informed.

Master Q

Quote from: tony73 on April 23, 2010, 05:29:22 AM
Quote from: bboys on April 23, 2010, 04:56:12 AM
hippo.. SHHHHHHH!!!!! Personally i love it when everyone does the same thing!! haha

Hippo you idiot! Dont write absured stuff like this trash, Pods and Rock are must haves, much like GAJ and God!
Must haves? You mean Must Nots?

Samm79

QuoteQuote from: grum88 on Today at 03:37:14 PM
Dont mean to be a downer but.........[/size]
Your arguement is flawed not gonna bother explaining why coz' like most people who are good at DT & SC we dont try and tell every1 the right and wrong thing to do. We  know whats right, do it, and watch every1 else fade away!

I mean seriously this is a great site and all but look at Monty he's doing shi..t at the moment.
He's a great despenser of information but not a great fantasy coach!
Point being do your research and trust your own findings because no one really tells you the nitty gritty of doing well in these comps. As far as im concerned the most important thing is "MAth"

if your wondering Ranked in the top 2000 with 20 trades left. Will 100% finish in atleast the top 100.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok and your team name?

define 100% Mr MAth.......

hubbaup

Quote from: tony73 on April 23, 2010, 05:29:22 AM
Quote from: bboys on April 23, 2010, 04:56:12 AM
hippo.. SHHHHHHH!!!!! Personally i love it when everyone does the same thing!! haha

Hippo you idiot! Dont write absured stuff like this trash, Pods and Rock are must haves, much like GAJ and God!
So was BEAU MUSTON last year!!!!