Main Menu

Cotchin to GWS?

Started by gossiboy, September 19, 2012, 05:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

1.5 million a year would be hard to turn down he could easily be made captain @ GWS also

Toga

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on September 19, 2012, 07:17:00 PM
1.5 million a year would be hard to turn down he could easily be made captain @ GWS also

I dunno, I mean he'd already e on a decent salary...

Plus ha there ever been a captain leave his club for more money at another? Just interested...

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Toga on September 19, 2012, 07:20:25 PM

Plus ha there ever been a captain leave his club for more money at another? Just interested...
Judd maybe I think he was captain at the time, but I think that he primarily wanted to go back to Victoria.

tbagrocks

Leigh Colbert left Geelong as Captain for North trying to get a Premiership, he failed ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Toga on September 19, 2012, 07:20:25 PM

i doubt he is on anywhere close to a mil at tigerland would be surprised if he is on over 750k a year there

Ziplock

ablett was next in line at geelong... and judd as people said :P

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 19, 2012, 08:31:03 PM
ablett was next in line at geelong... and judd as people said :P

But not actually the skip yet ;)

I have faith in cotchy, he'll stay!

Ziplock

yeah, if you guys key your mitts off our players :P

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 19, 2012, 09:01:36 PM
yeah, if you guys key your mitts off our players :P

Surely if you guys have the money to poach him you would anyways...?

But I don't think you do have enough money to anyways, the amount your paying the guys you've already poached + all the young guns needing extra pay from here on in...

Mind games is all it is ;)

Ziplock

nah, we have the money by my calculations, issue is that preferably we wouldnt WANT to spend it all on just one players. That being said, I think we would to prove a point, and deledio would be worth it anyway- if you have our 3rd pick then thats less cash to be splashed

ftr- they dont live in western sydney, they live in breakfast point, which is a really nice area :P

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 19, 2012, 09:18:14 PM
nah, we have the money by my calculations, issue is that preferably we wouldnt WANT to spend it all on just one players. That being said, I think we would to prove a point, and deledio would be worth it anyway- if you have our 3rd pick then thats less cash to be splashed

ftr- they dont live in western sydney, they live in breakfast point, which is a really nice area :P

What would Deledio be worth??

And yeah they do now but that's short term ;)

quinny88

Quote from: Ziplock on September 19, 2012, 09:18:14 PM

You could throw 10 mill at Cotchin, it still wouldnt happen.
There is atleast one untouchable at every club who is destined to be at there club and wears there heart on there sleeve. Cotchin is that guy at Richmond

quinny88

And Deledio signed a 5 year deal last year so dont hold ya breathe on that on e GWS

Ziplock

lol, people say that about everyone, but fact is footy players have a limited shelf life, and if someone can double their salary to over a mil a year, they're going to do it.

Do you think folau really wanted to leave nrl, or scully melbourne, or ablett geelong?

quinny88

Quote from: Ziplock on September 19, 2012, 11:26:59 PM
lol, people say that about everyone, but fact is footy players have a limited shelf life, and if someone can double their salary to over a mil a year, they're going to do it.

Do you think folau really wanted to leave nrl, or scully melbourne, or ablett geelong?

He is a leader of the club though, he is 22, coming into his prime, most likely about to be made the captain. It just wouldnt happen.

Folou doesnt seem the loyal type, he had moved around NRL clubs anyway.
Scully had been at Melbourne 5 minutes so its irrelevant.
And Ablett had done everything there is to do in football. Completley different scenarios