Rids

Quote from: GoLions on December 08, 2017, 11:21:54 AM
Quote from: Rids on December 08, 2017, 11:15:57 AM
Quote from: Ringo on December 08, 2017, 11:08:53 AM
Quote from: GoLions on December 08, 2017, 11:06:16 AM
Quote from: Nige on December 08, 2017, 11:04:46 AM
Quote from: Rids on December 08, 2017, 11:04:02 AM
Quote from: Ringo on December 08, 2017, 10:56:05 AM
Just a note here with Garlett, O'Shea and Barry having been de-listed last year and picked up this year we have no rules regarding this.

So what we are proposing is that they are all free agents this year and we will look at rule for the following year. Please feel free to disagree.

O'Shea is different to the other 2 as he was picked up in the Preseason Draft and should only be available in the BXV Rookie Draft.
Correct, i believe this is already the case.
Yes O'Shea will be in Rookie Draft. It is somewhat unique with UF not allowing non listed players and then they get re-listed in drafts so we need to look at for future.

That is actually incorrect. UF will refresh and update with the 2018 data usually Jan/Feb. Then you will be able to manually allocate players directly to their teams. It is why I leave all UF changes until the new seasons data is there otherwise you tend to double and triple the workload.
So you can allocate players not on an AFL list early next year?

As soon as the database has been refreshed O'Shea, Garlett and Barry will be there to be allocated. Last couple of years I think it has happened on Feb 1st.

The key is having all the team lists up to date (either on the fanfooty forum or in a spreadsheet) then re-create the league and manually adjust the teams.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on December 08, 2017, 11:28:35 AM
Just a note here with Garlett, O'Shea and Barry having been de-listed last year and picked up this year we have no rules regarding this.

So what we are proposing is that they are all free agents this year and we will look at rule for the following year. Please feel free to disagree.

O'Shea is different to the other 2 as he was picked up in the Preseason Draft and should only be available in the BXV Rookie Draft.
Yes O'Shea will be in Rookie Draft. It is somewhat unique with UF not allowing non listed players and then they get re-listed in drafts so we need to look at for future.

That is actually incorrect. UF will refresh and update with the 2018 data usually Jan/Feb. Then you will be able to manually allocate players directly to their teams. It is why I leave all UF changes until the new seasons data is there otherwise you tend to double and triple the workload.

As soon as the database has been refreshed O'Shea, Garlett and Barry will be there to be allocated. Last couple of years I think it has happened on Feb 1st.

The key is having all the team lists up to date (either on the fanfooty forum or in a spreadsheet) then re-create the league and manually adjust the teams.
No I mean, let's go back to last year, where O'Shea was delisted. We weren't able to put him on a list in UF (or so we thought), and so he was a forced delisting. And now he is picked up this year, obviously he can be put on a list now, but what Ringo was saying is that due to the forced delisting last year, we should have a rule in place in case people want these returning players to be a part of a bidding process or some thing like that, or just handle it as we are this year.

Rids

Quote from: GoLions on December 08, 2017, 11:32:11 AM

No I mean, let's go back to last year, where O'Shea was delisted. We weren't able to put him on a list in UF (or so we thought), and so he was a forced delisting. And now he is picked up this year, obviously he can be put on a list now, but what Ringo was saying is that due to the forced delisting last year, we should have a rule in place in case people want these returning players to be a part of a bidding process or some thing like that, or just handle it as we are this year.

I think you guys are over complicating and over thinking it.

1. If a player is delisted/retired from a club then they should be removed from a list for the years they are not playing
2. If the player is then picked up after 12 months by another club then this is where we want to discuss. Why you would want to put them on a list again before the actual season begins does not make sense.

If a bidding process is to be used then just introduce it on here. People know who has been given another lifeline after the drafts. It would take 5 minutes to see where they were last delisted from here.

There really is no need for UF to be involved until the allocation of players to teams for the upcoming season.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on December 08, 2017, 11:40:48 AM
Quote from: GoLions on December 08, 2017, 11:32:11 AM

I think you guys are over complicating and over thinking it.

1. If a player is delisted/retired from a club then they should be removed from a list for the years they are not playing
2. If the player is then picked up after 12 months by another club then this is where we want to discuss. Why you would want to put them on a list again before the actual season begins does not make sense.

If a bidding process is to be used then just introduce it on here. People know who has been given another lifeline after the drafts. It would take 5 minutes to see where they were last delisted from here.

There really is no need for UF to be involved until the allocation of players to teams for the upcoming season.
I think you just completely misunderstood what Ringo was saying :P

Because of the forced delistings (which you mentioned in point 1), then what do we want to do about point 2.

GoLions

We seem to be saying the exact same thing, just a misunderstanding haha

Anyway, it's KB's pick :P

Rids

What I was saying is that any player not on a list in 2017 will not be able to be added until the player database has been refreshed with the 2018 data on UF. I am not sure why you would want to add an O'Shea or Barry back to a list and not the other guys that were drafted.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on December 08, 2017, 11:49:11 AM
What I was saying is that any player not on a list in 2017 will not be able to be added until the player database has been refreshed with the 2018 data on UF. I am not sure why you would want to add an O'Shea or Barry back to a list and not the other guys that were drafted.
We didn't say we wanted to put them on someone's list straight away? We were just discussing a rule for when delisted players are re-drafted over a year later. We always add in the drafted players early in the next year when UF is up and running again with the updated player lists.

Rids

Ok. Ringo did mention doing it in UF -

"It is somewhat unique with UF not allowing non listed players and then they get re-listed in drafts so we need to look at for future."

All good. We move on.

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on December 08, 2017, 12:00:10 PM
Ok. Ringo did mention doing it in UF -

"It is somewhat unique with UF not allowing non listed players and then they get re-listed in drafts so we need to look at for future."

All good. We move on.
Haha yeah ag :)

kilbluff1985

pick 29 Brandon Starcevich

i rightly or wrongly took him with pick 9 in axv dt so pretty happy to get him now

pick 30 soon

Pkbaldy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 08, 2017, 12:07:13 PM
pick 29 Brandon Starcevich

i rightly or wrongly took him with pick 9 in axv dt so pretty happy to get him now

pick 30 soon

He's more suited for DT/SC.

Be fine at pick 30 in BXV

kilbluff1985

Torpedo10

Hi Dave!

Brayden Crossley

SydneyRox

Ringo

Pick will be up shortly - Been with solicitor this morning and all 10 players on my list have now been taken or should I say sniped thank you.  Will definitely have a pick up though in the next 20 minutes.

And as promised Oscar Clavarino

Nas PM'd