Main Menu

Buddy's poor form!

Started by Nige, January 07, 2014, 01:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Quote from: elephants on January 07, 2014, 04:05:03 PM
So that makes it ok? Its a disgusting act that should see him docked his entire salary for his whole 9 year contract and spend some time in jail. Don't try and protect him MM. The man is a criminal.

SydneyRox

I am sorry, but I disagree. Why should someone be judged more harshly then you or I, because they are talented in a way that earns them more money than you and I?

This would imply that the more money you earn you should be a better person and ergo the less you earn, you can do whatever you like?

I also think they should be aiming to be role models, but being a role model shouldn't imply that anyone with a camera phone can become judge/jury and executioner.

Nor does an implication that we want our sports stars to be role models mean we should constantly be judging the times they fail. As a human, I would think we all fail, some more than others.

Ziplock

So that makes it ok? Its a disgusting act that should see him docked his entire salary for his whole 9 year contract and spend some time in jail. Don't try and protect him MM. The man is a criminal.

Well, it's against the law to park in a disabled spot, not for a passenger to sit in the car waiting for the driver to hurry the flower up.

So really we should be slamming the GF, not buddy. However, since buddy's a higher profile person, he's the one copping it.

For all we know he protested strongly against parking there :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ziplock on January 07, 2014, 04:40:31 PM

Hello Trevor Marmalade award!!

If I had a weaker bladder I may have peed a little!!

stew42

Well, it's against the law to park in a disabled spot, not for a passenger to sit in the car waiting for the driver to hurry the flower up.

So really we should be slamming the GF, not buddy. However, since buddy's a higher profile person, he's the one copping it.

If I tried to blame Jesinta Campbell to her face, I'd probably just end up blurting out "I love you"

ossie85

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 07, 2014, 04:09:30 PM
I am sorry, but I disagree. Why should someone be judged more harshly then you or I, because they are talented in a way that earns them more money than you and I?

This would imply that the more money you earn you should be a better person and ergo the less you earn, you can do whatever you like?

I also think they should be aiming to be role models, but being a role model shouldn't imply that anyone with a camera phone can become judge/jury and executioner.

Nor does an implication that we want our sports stars to be role models mean we should constantly be judging the times they fail. As a human, I would think we all fail, some more than others.

Is it such a bad thing that you should be more socially conscious if you have more money? Though that's not my point.

It works both ways though Syd. Players get sponsored for there skills/image, why should they, I might work just as hard and be better role model, yet even though they maybe less qualified, they are financially rewarded! I don't see the famous complaining about that part though.

Obviously a line though

SydneyRox

We are on the same wavelength Oss.

It would be nice if our sports stars, actors and celebrities were more socially conscious, but to say they should be because they are celebrities is expecting imperfect humans to be perfect.

Capper

Dont understand how this is in the entertainment section rather than the Sport section

elephants

Quote from: tabs on January 08, 2014, 10:11:58 PM
Dont understand how this is in the entertainment section rather than the Sport section

I find it somewhat entertaining that they managed to craft a story out of this rubbish :P

Rusty00

The story is about both of them not just Buddy. It's not a sporting story, it's a story about "celebrities" hence the reason it is in the entertainment section.

Capper

Quote from: elephants on January 09, 2014, 03:04:31 AM

I find it somewhat entertaining that they managed to craft a story out of this rubbish :P
Must have been a slow day in NRL land, they must had all had hangovers ;)

Dudge

Thank god the boo buttons gone, but in all honesty, they shouldn't of used a disable parking spot. I realise the media had nothing better to sensationalise (probs sic ) on, but them parks are for the disabled after all. I had 2 disabled parents ( both deceased ), but would of been annoyed if they missed a park because of able bodied people using them

Belieive me, I admire Buddy, so it could of been anyone.

GoLions

Quote from: stew42 on January 07, 2014, 05:58:20 PM

If I tried to blame Jesinta Campbell to her face, I'd probably just end up blurting out "I love you"

I think I'd be blurting out something else. Not from my mouth.

Dudge

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 09, 2014, 08:11:31 PM
Quote from: stew42 on January 07, 2014, 05:58:20 PM

I think I'd be blurting out something else. Not from my mouth.

I will admit, she is absolutely gorgeous. Buddy has to be pinching himself come bath time ;)