Plans with the new bye set up

Started by shaker, July 16, 2020, 09:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

What are peoples plans with the news that all teams will have a bye except for the Dee's and Bombers?
Gawn is coming in this week and getting rid of Rozee as I have 3 port players getting in Petracca , Merrett in coming weeks.

jfitty

I don't think I'll do too much planning as such, just roll with it week to week.

It could all change again tomorrow, but if anything ensuring I have as many bench rookies playing as possible.

Gavdroid

Its going to be a really tough period for managing fantasy teams.
- Byes that we will not have much notice for
- Games every day of the week will make picking fringe and rookie players very difficult with a lot of extended benches.

Will need to field as many premiums as possible, but not too many from one team and just hope that you don't get screwed over with byes. Going to require a fair amount of luck.
I'm sure we'll get extra trades in bye rounds

Marty101

You're right, it would seem that the previous advice for the Dees/Bombers "double round" will be no longer meaning they now have an extra regulation game up their sleeve. The extra game would therefore be a relative 9% boost on averages for the remaining 12 rounds in comparison to other players with a scheduled bye remaining.

It will be interesting to see how the bye games are scheduled in throughout the rest of the season. If only 6 teams are likely to face the bye between Rds 9-12 could mean only 2 teams out per round and we still have to field a best 22 same as the China bye rounds of yesteryear.

IntegralX

Best 18 the only way forward now. They already set the precedent this year with ess/melb.

tkringle

Quote from: IntegralX on July 16, 2020, 01:18:30 PM
Best 18 the only way forward now. They already set the precedent this year with ess/melb.

This. They could also have all bench players included regardless of emergency status I think

shaker

Not sure about that ess/melb happened with no warning these are planned in advance and we got a trade bonus with a shorter season so it might be simple as 3 trades allowed from when the byes start but it is difficult to plan your SC on the run but it's the same for everyone , the one's that have been frugal with their trades might be the winners ...... that rules me out  ;D

Samsturmfels

Quote from: shaker on July 16, 2020, 01:31:12 PM
Not sure about that ess/melb happened with no warning these are planned in advance and we got a trade bonus with a shorter season so it might be simple as 3 trades allowed from when the byes start but it is difficult to plan your SC on the run but it's the same for everyone , the one's that have been frugal with their trades might be the winners ...... that rules me out  ;D
even though the ess/melb happened without warning, it was very predictable that this could happen at in todays climate. So it was easy for the organisers to have a few backups in place if that were to happen.

Best 18 almost certain to happen if byes occur, with a chance they'll allow 3 trades like you said.

With the trade 'bonus' i really wouldn't consider it that much of a bonus  as your more likely to waste trades on rookies due to them rising in price after 2 games instead of 3.

Rusty00

Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 16, 2020, 04:29:46 PM
even though the ess/melb happened without warning, it was very predictable that this could happen at in todays climate. So it was easy for the organisers to have a few backups in place if that were to happen.

Best 18 almost certain to happen if byes occur, with a chance they'll allow 3 trades like you said.

With the trade 'bonus' i really wouldn't consider it that much of a bonus  as your more likely to waste trades on rookies due to them rising in price after 2 games instead of 3.
I would love 3 trades this week, means I could bring in two rookies and big Max ;)

Wanderer

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 16, 2020, 05:23:39 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 16, 2020, 04:29:46 PM

I would love 3 trades this week, means I could bring in two rookies and big Max ;)
+1 massive dilemma on whether to get two rookies or one and Max