update of the guns

Started by dylan84, February 13, 2009, 05:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylan84

done a few modifications to my team. still think maguire is worth the risk for the low price, and there doesnt seem to be many low priced def who are a rnd 1 lock. not sure about s.edwards from richmond in the forward line, only have 16k in the bank to upgrade though. any suggestions would be great

DEF
Goddard, Cornes, Shaw, Adcock, Malceski, Raines, Mcguire

Suban, Kite

MID
Ablett, Corey, Kerr, Masten, Hasleby, Rich

Dangerfield, swift

RUCK
Cox, Mcintosh

Hampson, Currie

FWD

Deledio, Franklin, S.Johnson, Lucas, Higgins, Edwards, Yarran

Brown, Ballantyne/walker

warwithin

I like your team.

only a few suggestions..

1) kerr's past injuries and tribunal appearances make him questionable..
2) Franklin is recovering from an op im pretty sure, however he should be fine come round one. I just have this sinking feeling that he will dip alittle at the beginning of the season, making him for of an upgrade target.

but then again i could be totally wrong :)

dylan84

kerr is cheap for a gun though, i know there is a risk, but when he is playing well he scores well. plus being a wce supporter i wanna back him in!!!

warwithin

Hawks_1976

As an Eagles supporter, what is your opinion of Shannon Hurn?
Can his numbers improve?
WRT Maguire, its true that there are very little cheap back that looked guaranteed to play R1 although Hill and Hurley have to be up for consideration.
I'd swap Hampson for White then see if I could upgrade Edwards to Veszpremi.

dylan84

hurn had massive raps on him when he got drafeted, not sure though. may just turn into a solid backman i reckon, not a star though. def dont rate him as dream team player though

really dont see this fascination with veszpremi, is he going to be that good or another hansen????

Hawks_1976

Averaged 4 shots on goal per game in 6 appearances ( including 2 finals ) for the Swans.
The hype is warranted I think.
Was pick 11 in the 07 draft, taken ahead of Rioli and Brad Ebert.

mcwarne

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you will need to ditch Aaron Edwards as he is the latest addition to the "drunk footballers gone coockoo" club and is suspended by his club for 4 weeks I think. Unless it is a different Edwards you have.

dylan84

talking about shane edwards, what do people think of him as a player??? thinkin of upgrading him???