Hey, how do i join in?

Started by kilbluff1985, November 25, 2012, 05:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 09, 2013, 11:26:36 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 09, 2013, 05:22:28 AM
The more I see/read about the XV leagues the more I like it and am keen to get involved.

Is it possible to become and assistant for more than one team (obviously in different leagues). I have noticed there seems to be some coaches who have teams in more than one league.

If so is anyone in the World XV, Europe XV or British XV willing to give me a chance as well?

Cheers, Memph.

The English Lions in Euros need an asssistant ;)
Thanks. PM sent.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2013, 08:50:57 PM
Between me and everybody...I'm not too pleased with having nothing to do at the Lobsters and am thinking of leaving the team for a more active role. I don't even know whether I can do this, but I kinda really want to... :-X
You'd be bored to death under me then :-X.

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 10:48:26 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 04, 2013, 09:23:01 PM
I like this ^^

Belgian Bashers reserves coach - The Fark.

He loves the developing boys!
Bahahahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Quote from: Ringo on February 06, 2013, 02:11:52 PM
Just letting you know Macca - Am doing my best to make British succeed but with all the changes we have had to go through is trying.  Hoping once the comp gets started will get an idea of the real interest when teams have to be lodged. may get an indication when Team lodgements are required as well.

Agree with you on 1 team per person but as i said giving up of teams should be strongly encouraged but not forced,
Considering what it has been through, doing an awesome job Ringo! Just had alot of downs so would have been tough this off season. Haven't been following it too much, but had to help out the Bunnies due to Boomzie having problems with his net.

I agree that 1 team is enough for most, then they can become assistants at others if they want. I have a the Iceland Polar Bears (Euro's) and PNL Reindeers (World's) but as my assistants know (some overlap) I want to pass down PNL to one of them :). I don't mind keeping it within the coaching staff seeing as all of them besides KB don't own a team. Think sometimes they should get first preference if they've been with the team over a period of time (such as Daz who was my first assistant recruited and still with me in both!). I agree with most as to allow only 1 team per person, maybe 2 at a max. Allows others to get involved with the amount of interest :).

Purple 77

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 09, 2013, 11:26:36 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 09, 2013, 05:22:28 AM
The more I see/read about the XV leagues the more I like it and am keen to get involved.

Is it possible to become and assistant for more than one team (obviously in different leagues). I have noticed there seems to be some coaches who have teams in more than one league.

If so is anyone in the World XV, Europe XV or British XV willing to give me a chance as well?

Cheers, Memph.

The English Lions in Euros need an asssistant ;)

Lol I was once upon a time. Had no idea MTTY was no longer coach until a fair while after he stepped down.

Just goes to show how good of an assistant I was lol, don't think I will assist anymore, I don't like having less than 100% control  :P

Colliwobblers

Assiting is a thankless job and i take my hat off to all the assistant coaches in all the XVS competitions, these guys don't get the ultimate say, or control or full credit for success.

there is much they can do and lots to be involved in, but i DEFINITELY agree with Holz, these guys should all be in the forefront of everyone's minds when teams become available if they want to take on a team.

As for owning multiple teams that is contentious, I agree one per person or two at most for short term is ideal but i am not about to try to force anyone to give up a team. and when and if we do we would want to make sure who we give that team to is as serious and dedicated as the person was who we took it off...

BB67th

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 10, 2013, 11:21:21 AM
Assiting is a thankless job and i take my hat off to all the assistant coaches in all the XVS competitions, these guys don't get the ultimate say, or control or full credit for success.

there is much they can do and lots to be involved in, but i DEFINITELY agree with Holz, these guys should all be in the forefront of everyone's minds when teams become available if they want to take on a team.

As for owning multiple teams that is contentious, I agree one per person or two at most for short term is ideal but i am not about to try to force anyone to give up a team. and when and if we do we would want to make sure who we give that team to is as serious and dedicated as the person was who we took it off...
I completely agree with everything you have said here Colli. My assistants do a great job and sometimes don't get all the recognition they deserve, so hats off to you nrich and Nigey.

I also agree that coaches should probably only have one team each. But, I would at least like to see the first season through as head coach with the team that I have drafted. I will probably look at giving up one of my teams then.

Colliwobblers

same i need a season to see which of my 2 teams is worse ill keep the one that wins the spoon and give up the other :)

kilbluff1985

i think having 2 teams is ok mainly because i want another team lol

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 09, 2013, 02:41:48 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 04, 2013, 08:50:57 PM
Between me and everybody...I'm not too pleased with having nothing to do at the Lobsters and am thinking of leaving the team for a more active role. I don't even know whether I can do this, but I kinda really want to... :-X
You'd be bored to death under me then :-X.

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 10:48:26 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 04, 2013, 09:23:01 PM
I like this ^^

Belgian Bashers reserves coach - The Fark.

He loves the developing boys!
Bahahahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Quote from: Ringo on February 06, 2013, 02:11:52 PM
Just letting you know Macca - Am doing my best to make British succeed but with all the changes we have had to go through is trying.  Hoping once the comp gets started will get an idea of the real interest when teams have to be lodged. may get an indication when Team lodgements are required as well.

Agree with you on 1 team per person but as i said giving up of teams should be strongly encouraged but not forced,
Considering what it has been through, doing an awesome job Ringo! Just had alot of downs so would have been tough this off season. Haven't been following it too much, but had to help out the Bunnies due to Boomzie having problems with his net.

I agree that 1 team is enough for most, then they can become assistants at others if they want. I have a the Iceland Polar Bears (Euro's) and PNL Reindeers (World's) but as my assistants know (some overlap) I want to pass down PNL to one of them :). I don't mind keeping it within the coaching staff seeing as all of them besides KB don't own a team. Think sometimes they should get first preference if they've been with the team over a period of time (such as Daz who was my first assistant recruited and still with me in both!). I agree with most as to allow only 1 team per person, maybe 2 at a max. Allows others to get involved with the amount of interest :).

yeah but you do ask you assistants alot and keep them involved almost to the point of co-coaches :)
as most would kbow especially on the chat Trade talks trying to convince Daz so it gets done  8) lol

Nige

Cairo wouldn't mind getting an assistant on board in the WXVs, PM MajorLazer or myself if you're interested.  8)

Nige

Quote from: NigeyS on February 10, 2013, 01:39:08 PM
Cairo wouldn't mind getting an assistant on board in the WXVs, PM MajorLazer or myself if you're interested.  8)

We've had two successful applications!  8)

PowerBug

How shower is your team? (legit question, since i don't follow the Worlds competition)

Nige

Quote from: SilkySkills on February 10, 2013, 11:52:43 PM
How shower is your team? (legit question, since i don't follow the Worlds competition)
I think we're a chance to be big improvers this season. Sneaky chance at top 4 perhaps? :P I haven't looked into last season enough to see how much we can or have to improve, but I plan to do that soon. :) ML could probably give a better assessment of where we're at and how 'shower' the team is.  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: NigeyS on February 11, 2013, 12:01:33 AM
I think we're a chance to be big improvers this season. Sneaky chance at top 4 perhaps? :P I haven't looked into last season enough to see how much we can or have to improve, but I plan to do that soon. :) ML could probably give a better assessment of where we're at and how 'shower' the team is.  :P
Do you guys own any of these players: Sam Blease, Jordie McKenzie, Jordan Gysberts, Brent Stanton, Travis Boak or Ryan Griffen?

Nige

Quote from: SilkySkills on February 11, 2013, 12:03:21 AM
Do you guys own any of these players: Sam Blease, Jordie McKenzie, Jordan Gysberts, Brent Stanton, Travis Boak or Ryan Griffen?

We do not.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: NigeyS on February 11, 2013, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: SilkySkills on February 11, 2013, 12:03:21 AM

We do not.
I smell the spoon. Lol.