Appreciation Thread

Started by Bluke, September 01, 2013, 09:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluke

I appreciate Montagna - since I was going to bench him for Beams but then decided against beams all together.

I appreciate Ellis - he has been up and down since i got him in for ibbo, but he paid in spades tonight - none of my opponents have him.

I appreciate Scooter - my other unique since not many got back on after his injury. Absolute lock next year, will go bigger again perhaps even top 5 mid.

I don't appreciate Fremantle - their players burnt me last year, they burnt me again this year (duffield, ibbo, Barlow) never again am I picking a Fremantle player. Haha

Jukes

I appreciate Travis Cloke- the unique pick of the century, been very good all year and bumped his average up 20 points. And shouting CLOKE whenever he marks inside 50 is fun.

I appreciate Joel Selwood- since I brought him in, he's scored: 133, 136, 98, 157, 135, 110 and 97.

I appreciate Jed Adcock. Got him in on a whim as a roughie, and his last five have been 98, 82, 97, 92 and 98.

I appreciate Brandon Ellis, for getting me a lot of cash earlier and getting me a lot of points now.

And most of all I appreciate STANTS for gunning it.

You don't want to see my don't appreciate list though...

ADEZ

henry

I appreciate Montagna and Hibberd - my first two upgrades, and they have been outstanding all year.

Adamant

I appreciate Nick Riewoldt the most - Started the year with him, but stupidly traded him after round 1 (basically didn't know what to do with my trades at the time). But I got him back in during the byes and he has been amazing. Only one score under 80 all year, and that was injury affected... I rewarded him for his outstanding season by captaining him this week. :) Superstar.

Nige

I appreciate the experience of playing DT for the first and last time.  :P

Windigo

I appreciate Roo, traded him in for Zorko. When people were getting on Hoff....

I appreciate Goddard & Hepp. For being the only trustworthy defenders this year.

I appreciate Berger for his consistency among all the ruck carnage this year.

Andrew

The big COX, who for about the 4th year running got written off at the start of the year, just to top the ruckmen averages once again and finishing with scores of: 102, 141, 107, 98, 100, and 133. Doubters go home.

O'Meara has been a keeper for me, hopefully he can finish with a score that once again isn't the lowest in my starting midfield (some premos just dog you don't they?).

Joel Selwood was a great trade in 6 weeks ago, redeeming himself after burning me in previous seasons.

Jarrad Roughead, after burning me with a 40 has bounced back to two handy 90s - this week as EMG cover for Mayne. Dual position has been handy throughout.

m_zulian

I appreciate Dean Cox having DPP allowing me to trade Berger to Stevie J in rd 10.

I appreciate Jordan Lewis for being my unique forward pick after the Hawthorn bye

I appreciate Rockliff for bouncing back after some people traded him out during a mid season slump

I appreciate Jelwood for racking it up and kicking goals after an inconsistent start

Possumo

Quote from: m_zulian on September 01, 2013, 04:05:38 PM
I appreciate Dean Cox having DPP allowing me to trade Berger to Stevie J in rd 10.

I appreciate Jordan Lewis for being my unique forward pick after the Hawthorn bye

I appreciate Rockliff for bouncing back after some people traded him out during a mid season slump

I appreciate Jelwood for racking it up and kicking goals after an inconsistent start

Ditto to all of those for me, although I brought in Lewis 3 weeks ago, so him being out last week hurt. Was hard for me to bring him in as well, as he was pretty underwhelming last year, but turned out to be a good move, as my other options in Franklin and Mayne (who I brought in 3 weeks ago with Lewis 3 weeks ago, stupidly by trading Gibbs to him via Staker with DPP, which has cost me this weekend us my other backline benchie was Clisby, and I had Scotland  ::) ) have been poor/out.

Definitely need to add Minson to the list, as I brought him in for Goldy 5 weeks ago, and he has been second only to Cox.

Danny Stanley has also been excellent the last few weeks, although unfortunately I only got him in this weekend.