Australia vs South Africa (3 Test Series)

Started by PowerBug, October 23, 2016, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2016, 09:01:23 PM
You can not call someone who moved to Australia at aged 7 stealing talent  ;) Spent a year in NZ as well prior to arriving in OZ so in effect left England at aged 6
UK-born still holds though ;) Nah good on him, I don't particularly think he should play just yet but if he proves me wrong, well Australia have a good batsman for the future :)

Jukes

Quote from: PowerBug on November 20, 2016, 08:47:58 PM
Quote from: Jay on November 20, 2016, 06:24:09 PM
Maddinson over Patterson?? Gotta be joking!
Did you know that scores of 116, 0, 6, 33 are better than 111, 38, 60, 13, 55, 1?

Not to mention that an ex test player has gone: 64, 47, 6, 142*, 24 and 58* this season. Another ex-test player (Although he played for his bowling back then, is now a lower order bat) has managed: 64, 6, 104*, 75* and 3 (?) centuries in the Matador Cup.

Oh and Wade's scores of 78, 26, 3, 6 really highlight how his extra batting will outweigh the drop catches!

Also would like to point out that Matt Renshaw is born in the UK ;) (Reverting to stealing talent from other countries I see)
You can not call someone who moved to Australia at aged 7 stealing talent  ;) Spent a year in NZ as well prior to arriving in OZ so in effect left England at aged 6

I assume you've always respected the right of Strauss, KP, and Prior to represent England then? ;)

He was in NZ between 7 and 10 btw - but yeah he seems like a gun, this whole mass change-up for Aus has been a while coming and will certainly have a positive effect

Ringo

Quote from: PowerBug on November 20, 2016, 09:04:23 PM
UK-born still holds though ;) Nah good on him, I don't particularly think he should play just yet but if he proves me wrong, well Australia have a good batsman for the future :)
Yep and as I said earlier maybe a bit young but now hopes he takes the chances and does not fade.

Gigantor

Purple 77

Nige

I clicked and tried to like that... and then realised I wasn't on Facebook.

Gigantor

Quote from: Nige on November 21, 2016, 04:57:54 PM
I clicked and tried to like that... and then realised I wasn't on Facebook.

Haha

This page plus the AFL version are by far my favorite FB pages :)

fanTCfool

Yesterday, Matthew Wade announced he is colour blind, going into the Pink Ball test.
Today, Steve Smith said he could not identify Matt Renshaw.

Nothing but great news for Cricket Aus at the moment  ::)

Ringo

Wades colour blindness has been known for at least 4 years so nothing new there.

Can understand Smith not knowing Renshaw. Renshaw is only in second year of Shield cricket so Smith has probably not yet came across him.

Jukes

Quote from: Ringo on November 22, 2016, 09:51:53 PM
Wades colour blindness has been known for at least 4 years so nothing new there.

Can understand Smith not knowing Renshaw. Renshaw is only in second year of Shield cricket so Smith has probably not yet came across him.

And tbh I don't think anybody outside of Queensland knew about him until a week ago :P

fanTCfool

Quote from: Jukes on November 22, 2016, 10:01:50 PM

And tbh I don't think anybody outside of Queensland knew about him until a week ago :P

I should have been a little clearer regarding Wade's colour blindness, he said in an interview that it takes him a lot longer to pick up the pink ball, as opposed to a red ball, when batting due to his colour blindness, surely not ideal ahead of the day/night test?

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on November 22, 2016, 10:01:50 PM

Besides Scrads who owns him in D6s ;)

Bill Manspeaker

David Warner
Matthew Renshaw
Usman Khawaja
Steve Smith (c)
Peter Handscomb
Nic Maddinson
Matthew Wade (wk)
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Nathan Lyon