Australia vs South Africa (3 Test Series)

Started by PowerBug, October 23, 2016, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 16, 2016, 07:57:17 PM
Heads just a slogger, we dont want him in there.
I think Head has the potential to play test cricket, but I wouldn't go with him just yet. Peter Handscomb deserves to play I reckon, and Ferguson may as well keep his spot and bat at 5 ahead of Voges.

BratPack

Quote from: fanTCfool on November 16, 2016, 05:32:36 PM
Rod Marsh just stood down.

And they replaced him with Trevor Hohns, who didn't have a flowering clue last time. Nothing will change

Grazz

Quote from: BratPack on November 17, 2016, 11:42:12 AM
Quote from: fanTCfool on November 16, 2016, 05:32:36 PM
Rod Marsh just stood down.

And they replaced him with Trevor Hohns, who didn't have a flowering clue last time. Nothing will change

Thought exactly the same thing when I heard it on the car radio this morning.
By the way, how shower are we at the minute ?  >:(

Ringo

3rd Test side:
Australian squad: Matt Renshaw, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith (capt), Nic Maddinson, Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Chadd Sayers

Selectors wield the axe. Couple of surprises no all rounder, Maddison in over Patterson and retention of Lyon although O'Keefe's injury probably helped. Bird, Syaers and Lyon maybe battling for 12th man duties.

elephants

Not mens related, but a fair knock by Meg Lanning (134 off 122 balls) in the womens ODI vs Saffers today!

Jay

Maddinson over Patterson?? Gotta be joking!

elephants

Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2016, 06:17:40 PM
Not mens related, but a fair knock by Meg Lanning (134 off 122 balls) in the womens ODI vs Saffers today!

I know a few of the boys have some interest in Ellyse Perry, just finished on 95* as well, pretty decent effort!

Jukes

BB67th

I like the selected squad. On form it should be Patterson over Maddinson, but he's not the worst choice either - a better pick than Ferguson in my view.

Lyon only holds on due to SOK's injury, if he doesn't perform in this test, he is gone for Brisbane.

Good to see the selectors finally rewarding a bit of form for Renshaw, Handscomb, Bird and Sayers, hopefully a better result awaits in Adelaide.

nrich102

Dont agree with Wade over Neville, think Mennies a bit unlucky as well.

Other than that looks alright

BratPack

Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2016, 06:14:37 PM
3rd Test side:
Australian squad: Matt Renshaw, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith (capt), Nic Maddinson, Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Chadd Sayers

Selectors wield the axe. Couple of surprises no all rounder, Maddison in over Patterson and retention of Lyon although O'Keefe's injury probably helped. Bird, Syaers and Lyon maybe battling for 12th man duties.

It's Adelaide the only place when Lyon isn't completely shower. He'll play.  I'm guessing Sayers gets the drinks,

shaker

Quote from: BratPack on November 20, 2016, 07:10:01 PM
Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2016, 06:14:37 PM
3rd Test side:

It's Adelaide the only place when Lyon isn't completely shower. He'll play.  I'm guessing Sayers gets the drinks,

I'm detecting a bit of Lyon love in that comment see deep down you really are a big fan  :P

Levi434

Hoping the bowlers can land a few in the Track of Trepidation this game.

PowerBug

Quote from: Jay on November 20, 2016, 06:24:09 PM
Did you know that scores of 116, 0, 6, 33 are better than 111, 38, 60, 13, 55, 1?

Not to mention that an ex test player has gone: 64, 47, 6, 142*, 24 and 58* this season. Another ex-test player (Although he played for his bowling back then, is now a lower order bat) has managed: 64, 6, 104*, 75* and 3 (?) centuries in the Matador Cup.

Oh and Wade's scores of 78, 26, 3, 6 really highlight how his extra batting will outweigh the drop catches!

Also would like to point out that Matt Renshaw is born in the UK ;) (Reverting to stealing talent from other countries I see)

Ringo

Quote from: PowerBug on November 20, 2016, 08:47:58 PM
Quote from: Jay on November 20, 2016, 06:24:09 PM
Did you know that scores of 116, 0, 6, 33 are better than 111, 38, 60, 13, 55, 1?

Not to mention that an ex test player has gone: 64, 47, 6, 142*, 24 and 58* this season. Another ex-test player (Although he played for his bowling back then, is now a lower order bat) has managed: 64, 6, 104*, 75* and 3 (?) centuries in the Matador Cup.

Oh and Wade's scores of 78, 26, 3, 6 really highlight how his extra batting will outweigh the drop catches!

Also would like to point out that Matt Renshaw is born in the UK ;) (Reverting to stealing talent from other countries I see)
You can not call someone who moved to Australia at aged 7 stealing talent  ;) Spent a year in NZ as well prior to arriving in OZ so in effect left England at aged 6