Main Menu

Demons trio re-sign

Started by Ricochet, August 26, 2014, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/afl/demons-trio-re-sign-with-afl-club/122027

Utility Rohan Bail has avoided an expected off-season cull at Melbourne, signing a new contract with the AFL club.

Bail, midfielder Aidan Riley and defender Dean Terlich have made the cut under coach Paul Roos and re-signed with the struggling Demons.

Bail, 26, endured several injury-plagued seasons since making his debut in 2009 but has missed just one match this year.

Tenacious rebounder Terlich has played 35 matches for the club, including 15 this year.

In his first season with Melbourne last year, Terlich finished third in the Demons' best and fairest.

Riley has played eight matches in his first season with the Demons after notching up 12 games in three seasons with Adelaide.

The 22-year-old has impressed in patches on the back of a limited pre-season after breaking his leg in round 15 last year.

Purple 77

I don't know how to respond to this.

Purple 77

These two random supporters on facebook do, however:

QuoteMeanwhile sportsbet have just dropped the odds from $1.06 to $1.00 for melbourne to win the 2015 wooden spoon..

QuoteMelbourne: where kicking skills are optional

Riley I understand though.

Capper

how did Terlich re-sign when he cant get regular game time

Mat0369

Vet minimum insurance policy I guess

elephants

Very very surprised.

QuoteMelbourne: where kicking skills are optional

Sydney_Rox

Nige

Interesting.

Surprised about Terlich, but if Bail can continue in the form he showed earlier this year, that'd be good because he was definitely going to be cut.

I think Riley's is fair because of his injury history.

Big Mac

More than happy to sign Riley, and I expected that the other two would re-sign. You have to understand where we're at as a list. We have several non-afl standard players, but if we got rid of all of them, we would be forced to forgo our younger players' development and play them in the ones. Rebuilding from where we're at is a multi-year process, so we simply get rid of the worst players first (Nicholson, Strauss, Blease etc), and go from there.