Main Menu

NAB squad vs Fremantle

Started by Barra13, March 03, 2015, 07:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

A pretty strong side if you ask me. Not named: Watts, Trengove, Brayshaw, Vince, Petracca, Riley, O-Mac, Hunt, ANB, Howe, White, Harmes, Terlich, King, Fitzpatrick. Out of those, Howe, Watts and Vince would be walk up 22.

1. Jesse Hogan
2. Nathan Jones
3. Christian Salem
5. Jimmy Toumpas
6. Chris Dawes
7. Jack Viney
8. Heritier Lumumba
11. Max Gawn
12. Dom Tyson
13. Jordie Mckenzie
14. Lynden Dunn
15. Billy Stretch
16. Dean Kent
17. Sam Frost
18. Daniel Cross
19. Ben Newton
20. Colin Garland
21. Cameron Pedersen
22. Viv Michie
24. Jay Kennedy-Harris
25. Tom McDonald
31. Jack Grimes
36. Jeff Garlett
37. Aaron vandenBerg
39. Neville Jetta
40. Mark Jamar
42. Jake Spencer
44. Rohan Bail
45. Matt Jones

Barra13

Update: Viney not playing. Copped a head knock in the intra club today. Will be right for next week, nothing serious.

Purple 77

Probably the most interested in Stretch in this game... I don't take nab games at all serious, but it will be great to see them back out on the field  :D

June the 15th was our last win after all  ::)

Barra13

Freo have also put out a strong side which is good.

1. Hayden Ballantyne
8. Nick Suban
9. Matt De Boer
10. Michael Walters
11. Tom Sheridan
12. Jon Griffin
13. Tendai Mzungu
16. David Mundy
17. Hayden Crozier
18. Luke  Mcpharlin
19. Connor Blakely
20. Matt Taberner
21. Michael Barlow
22. Tanner Smith
23. Chris Mayne
24. Max Duffy
27. Lachie Neale
28. Brady Grey
29. Matthew Pavlich
30. Zac Clarke
32. Stephen Hill
33. Cam Sutcliffe
34. Lee Spurr
35. Michael Apeness
36. Alex Silvagni
37. Michael Johnson
38. Jack Hannath
41. Paul Duffield
46. Clancee Pearce

Purple 77

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 03, 2015, 07:44:36 PM
Probably the most interested in Stretch in this game... I don't take nab games at all serious, but it will be great to see them back out on the field  :D

June the 15th was our last win after all  ::)

Hang on, what am I thinking, Jesse Hogan is the one I'm most interested in! Gee by like a 1000 miles...

Purple 77

From the game...

Solid first, shocking second, impressive third, OK last... not too bad overall. Not too bad.

Positives:
Hogan <3
Vandenberg
Newton
I really love the look of Sam Frost... a guy that big shouldn't move that fast.
Lumumba was promising, delivered what I expected.
Salem has a good kick on him
Half of Toumpas' game

Negatives:
That stupid second quarter, ugh.
Jack Grimes   :(
Half of Toumpas' game

Jones and Tyson are implied positives, so forgive me if I don't mention them in my positives throughout the year.

Big Mac

Really loved Hogan's workrate - Was good to see him pushing up the ground.

Salem showed some good signs I thought

Newton and Vandenberg were really good as well, same with Jetta, played his role almost perfectly

Still feel like Toump needs to be doing a bit more - Just seems a bit unsure of himself at times

kilbluff1985

Vandeberg easily best 22 after that you would think, he didn't do much wrong

Barra13

Few things that I was surprised about the game:

VandenBerg - Damn he is a big and quick unit. Played well when he came on.
Hogan - Got some nice touches up ground and was pretty accurate by foot.
Kent - I reckon this guy will be pretty good this year.
Pederson - Has really trimmed down and competed well. Even if he made a few mistakes.
Newton - Would have liked to see his last half if he wasn't subbed, can see why Port didn't want to let him go.
Toumpas - Could have been better, has really beefed up and looks like a footballer now. Even though he got done, I liked how he back himself in to sidestep but was unlucky.
Frost - Is so athletic and generated alot of run from half back.
Nate Jones - Is definitely an A grade midfielder now.
Tyson - Solid contribution.

It will also be beefed up with inclusions of Viney, Watts, Vince and Howe. It is starting to look like a dangerous team.

Loving the run through from half back with a wave of guys. Reminds me of Geelong of old.

Barra13

Based on everything so far, I see the 22 as;

B: Jetta, McDonald, Frost
HB: Lumumba, Dunn, Howe
C: Vince, Viney, Cross
HF: Kent, Pederson, Watts
F: Garlett, Hogan, Dawes
Fol: Jamar, N. Jones, Tyson
I/C: VandenBerg, M.Jones, Salem, Newton
Em: JKH, Toumpas, Garland, Grimes, Bail

It will definitely be hard to pick the team this year. I thought Garland could have done alot better and looked slow.

Nige

Interesting you don't have Jack Grimes in the 22, but I can see how he's not included.

I actually like that 22 for the Dees so, a lot of solid talent in there and I reckon that's a side that could be competitive enough to win some games and not get blown out.

Barra13

It is hard to leave him out as I really like Grimes. But the skill errors made yesterday haven't changed a whole lot since last season. He can run a game out and will always give 100% though.

Purple 77

Would probably have to agree with Barra with that 22.

One thing I'd might suggest, is, although I thought he struggled yesterday, put Garland in Howe's spot, and put Howe in Dawes spot, and Dawes where Pedersen is?

I just wanna see him take some marks  :-X

I'd also think about putting Toumpas in M.Jones spot for the first 2 rounds, and decide on an ongoing basis from round 3.

Still think Salem is our best sub option, seeing as he was so successful in it last year. I really hope Vandenberg avoids the green vest, I think he is a sort of player that would benefit from playing in the tides of the game, rather than just jump in, even if he did do that really well yesterday  :P

Barra13

Like I said it will be hard to pick the team. Those listed in the emergency could easily make the team.

I was underwhelmed by Garland last year and yesterday. He is a great defender but whenever the ball is in his hands I cry. Maybe being dropped R1 might be the spark he needs.

I like the way Pederson goes. He always gives it a good go, he may not be the best forward going around but he will always run and compete, actually has pretty good defensive pressure for a big man too.

Purple 77

Indeed. Probably the hardest to pick the 22 in a long long time, which is only a good thing  8)