EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Popey99 on July 19, 2013, 05:42:36 PM
Ok boys clearly it seems Torres wasn't the way to go but no need to laugh at me, as i said I'm brand new to this. I have got in Lambert for him who seems a solid option?

Not laughing at you at all mate, Lambert's not a bad option at all.

elephants

Ok boys clearly it seems Torres wasn't the way to go but no need to laugh at me, as i said I'm brand new to this. I have got in Lambert for him who seems a solid option?

Ignore Jukes mate, he's what we like to call... 'Special' ;)

Nige

Quote from: elephants on July 19, 2013, 06:21:53 PM

And sometimes just a bit silly.  :P

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Cheers for the kind words lads... Whatever you do don't let me sell you up the river with player selctions though!  ;D

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Popey99 on July 18, 2013, 10:01:47 PM
Hey guys, first time EPL fantasy player and have done a few hours worth of solid research to come up with a team. Most players I have only heard of in a talent sense rather than fantasy, so will be interesting to hear your thoughts on my team.

Szczesny, (Boruc)
Reither, Rat, Coleman, (Collins, Clyne)
Bale(C), Hazard, Silva, Snodgrass, (Kacaniklic)
Bony, Torres, Van Wolfswinkel.

Obviously defence is ridiculously cheap but I know in this game from just looking at the scoring, as soon as the opposition scores a goal there goes the points, so you may as well go cheap there with the inconsistency. Mids and fwds look strong, but I'm cautious choosing both Bony and Wolf as we don't know how they will adapt to the EPL.

But anyways, I mostly just talk researched crap so let me know whether my team is any stock at all!

Hey Popey,

Firstly, you have nailed the best formation on the head straight up. 3-4-3 usually scores best as a rule. 3-5-2 is also productive for points. You will find at points during the year 3-5-2 will be best due to a lot of out-of-form strikers. Thinking back to last season a midfield of Mata, Bale, Michu, Fellaini, Walcott was a must for quite a while and worked well with the only two real strikers in form being RVP and Suarez.

Your also correct, cheap as you dare with defence early on. If any cheap defenders show form early in the season jump on as quickly as possible to take advantage of price rises and points before the scoring dries up. Slowly build up your defence until you can field strong premiums such as Baines, Ivanovic, Zabaletta etc... Same goes for goalies as well....Szczesny is not someone I would entertain. Thats just me.. I'm not much chop on Arsenals defence at all. Even Vermaelen isn't the fantasy scorer he was a couple of years ago.

Your midfield is really strong, Snodgrass will be the key, and whether or not he (and by extension Norwich) can play at the same level they did last year. Kacanaklic as you will see above is very much in my sights; We just need to know he's going to play 90 minutes regularly and he will be in, at least to sit on the bench.

As for your forwards there is no issue there. Just do your research on Wolf and Bony, but I hear positive anecdotal reports on both. Don't worry about Torres  ;) His highs and lows are so far apart it is not funny, but there is much to play out before the end of the transfer period. Chelsea for one may end up with a double gameweek week one in which he will be in my team albeit briefly. Then, you have the possibility of Rooney moving. I honestly think Man U would accept the offer Chelsea gave them if Rooney hands in that piece of paper!

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 19, 2013, 01:45:18 PM
Just out of interest VSA what was your final ranking for last season?

I'll start offering some of my own advice when we get closer to the start of the season for those that are interested in hearing it :)

Definitely interested in your advice CF! You had a great season last year. did you see it through to the end, or let it wane as SC took over?

I ended up about 125,000. Not great, but a couple of years ago I set myself to learn how to make money in this game, the year before played around with formations. Last year was my first time putting all of my learnings together.

What was really pleasing was the back end of the year for me. From GW18-38 I averaged a tick under 70  8) which is the pace you need from the start. Just got to do everything I did last year, but from GW1.

Popey99

Thanks guys, especially VSA with the in depth analysis. I love Snodgrass and how much of an effing bargain he seems. At the moment I have gone through youtube having a little look at every player in my team. Yeah Torres is now gone and my team is pretty different.

How do players rise in price? Playing around with formations etc won't be a problem for me as I'm an experienced A-League fantasy player so get the base of the game, but the price changes are really what interest me...

Anyways, I have also decided Anelka is a ridiculous bargain and must have, at least for my bench. I have gone with a few safer options in defence rather than 50/50 blokes. Still like West Ham cheap DEF's.

Current Team:

Mignolet, (Boruc)
Luiz, Metersacker, Collins, (Rat, Clyne)
Bale (C), Hazard, Silva, Snodgrass, (Kacaniklic)
Bony, Van Wolf, Anelka.

This also leaves me with 1.5m and I can always downgrade Luiz back down to gain a bit more. FWD maybe a bit weak but all have awesome upside.

Jukes

and you're what I like to call inbred hick scum who should get lynched

Nige

Quote from: Jukes on July 19, 2013, 08:40:52 PM

Play nice.  :P

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Popey99 on July 19, 2013, 08:34:13 PM

Anyways, I have also decided Anelka is a ridiculous bargain and must have, at least for my bench.

I'm wait and see on Anelka. He scored 3 from 22 appearances in the Chinese Super-league last year. Not great form, but I'm not sure of the fine detail. There will be plenty of opportunity to jump on him early if he starts scoring well. :)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

How do players rise in price? Playing around with formations etc won't be a problem for me as I'm an experienced A-League fantasy player so get the base of the game, but the price changes are really what interest me...

It's complicated until you get used to it so I'm going to be a little lazy answering this one!  ;D

Here's a link. Everything you need to know is in this write-up.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/making-millions-in-the-fantasy-premier-league-game/

Popey99

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 19, 2013, 09:11:42 PM

It's complicated until you get used to it so I'm going to be a little lazy answering this one!  ;D

Here's a link. Everything you need to know is in this write-up.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/making-millions-in-the-fantasy-premier-league-game/

Cheers mate.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 19, 2013, 08:17:06 PM

I'll start offering some of my own advice when we get closer to the start of the season for those that are interested in hearing it :)

Definitely interested in your advice CF! You had a great season last year. did you see it through to the end, or let it wane as SC took over?

I ended up about 125,000. Not great, but a couple of years ago I set myself to learn how to make money in this game, the year before played around with formations. Last year was my first time putting all of my learnings together.

What was really pleasing was the back end of the year for me. From GW18-38 I averaged a tick under 70  8) which is the pace you need from the start. Just got to do everything I did last year, but from GW1.
Ah nice effort finishing there, considering there are around 3 million people or something who play the game it's a great effort!

Yeah I had a pretty good season myself last year, but didn't really see it through to the end. I mean I would check on it, but never really did any more trades, I think I did only 1 or 2 trades in the last 10 rounds. Because of this it saw my ranking slip from around 5000 (high point of 2000 something) down to finishing at 20,382nd (you can check your exact rank by clicking on gameweek history if using same email). Starting with players like Michu definitely helped me get such a high ranking as no one knew who he was until a couple rounds in, so that gave me a leg up :) Averaging just under 70 is a great way to finish! For the entire year I averaged 57, which I was pretty happy with :)

Hopefully I'll have time to do some proper research before the season starts, but looking at the promoted teams there isn't really many players standing out as must pick players...  :-\

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 19, 2013, 11:16:29 PM
Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 19, 2013, 08:17:06 PM

Ah nice effort finishing there, considering there are around 3 million people or something who play the game it's a great effort!

Yeah I had a pretty good season myself last year, but didn't really see it through to the end. I mean I would check on it, but never really did any more trades, I think I did only 1 or 2 trades in the last 10 rounds. Because of this it saw my ranking slip from around 5000 (high point of 2000 something) down to finishing at 20,382nd (you can check your exact rank by clicking on gameweek history if using same email). Starting with players like Michu definitely helped me get such a high ranking as no one knew who he was until a couple rounds in, so that gave me a leg up :) Averaging just under 70 is a great way to finish! For the entire year I averaged 57, which I was pretty happy with :)

Hopefully I'll have time to do some proper research before the season starts, but looking at the promoted teams there isn't really many players standing out as must pick players...  :-\

Not much to cheer coming up at all.  :o I have only realy looked at Cardiff defence, and C Palace attack, being respectively they were the best of the promoted teams. Murray is out for most of the season and he was most of Palace' attack. I'll probably only look at the Cardiff defence for some value now.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on July 19, 2013, 08:40:52 PM

Hahahaha, you're an angry sad little boy.