Season 1: First Class Shield (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, October 18, 2015, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Okay, so the NSW vs VIC match is abandoned, and it appears that the match will be awarded to Victoria as if they won.

The amount of play that we had in that game did not say Victoria won the match (NSW 88/1 and that was it), so I am going to make a ruling here and say that the match DOES NOT COUNT and all players in that game will be substitued off if teams have named reserves (up to 3 reserves). All numbers from that game will be wiped and it will be as if the game did not exist.

If the ruling is that the match will be given as a draw then the above will not happen and bad luck.

I will leave a period of 24 hours from this message for teams to challenge this decision if they wish.

Nige

Obviously as the coach of a team that had like 4 players in that game (and I think even at least one of reserves), I don't think it's fair that we basically have like a 2 man side (Klinger and Mennie) while the other team was almost full strength. I mean, in the hypothetical situation that a team had all their players from the one match and was unable to name enough reserves because players weren't selected for their Shef teams, then they get 0 and the other team gets a whitewash victory.

I think it's better that we get the average of the players. At the very least, this means the players get a score. This has got absolutely nothing to do with how well our players did last week, because as the weeks go on, they're not gonna maintain such good scores and so they'll be a better indication of what they could potentially score in a week they don't.

JBs-Hawks

I want my scores from that game to count. Cowan was my captain and I dont have a reserve bowler to replace Siddle.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on November 09, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
I think it's better that we get the average of the players. At the very least, this means the players get a score. This has got absolutely nothing to do with how well our players did last week, because as the weeks go on, they're not gonna maintain such good scores and so they'll be a better indication of what they could potentially score in a week they don't.
So are you asking for me to say Travis Dean can get 403 again, Handscomb 200odd, Stoinis another 150.
Or are you saying to wait until the end of the round robin season, then allocate the season averages to those players? So delaying the Round 2 results until after Round 7.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 09, 2015, 02:05:17 PM
I want my scores from that game to count. Cowan was my captain and I dont have a reserve bowler to replace Siddle.
Kinda funny how it's SA vs VIC and you guys both have polar opposite views on this ;D

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on November 09, 2015, 02:12:47 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 09, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
So are you asking for me to say Travis Dean can get 403 again, Handscomb 200odd, Stoinis another 150.
Or are you saying to wait until the end of the round robin season, then allocate the season averages to those players? So delaying the Round 2 results until after Round 7.

It's clearly unfair for us to get such a high score. So yes, use the end of season averages. Is that fine or does that flower with the ladder too much?

Scrads

I'm okay for either end-of-season averages or just all classed as non-players and reserves come on (perhaps for teams with several players out can utilise players not even named as reserve either, starting from the lowest scorer up if needed?)

Scrads

Quote from: Scrads on November 09, 2015, 08:43:59 PM
I'm okay for either end-of-season averages or just all classed as non-players and reserves come on (perhaps for teams with several players out can utilise players not even named as reserve either, starting from the lowest scorer up if needed?)

Although what would happen if someone like Kurtis Patterson for me or Ed Cowan for JB was replaced with someone who scored less, idk what call would be made there as you could make a case for either...

PowerBug

The match is either going to be called off completely, I'll wipe any scores players may have gotten, and then emergencies will replace.

Or leave it as it is

I could do what Nigey said but i don't particularly like the idea of waiting until Rd 7 to fill in Rd 2 results. If this was Rd 7 and it happened then it'd be a different story.

nrich102

Whatever we do now we'll have to do if a game is called off again this season.

End of season averages would be my first preference, but if PB is against that then it won't happen.

My second preference would probably be that the game is called off completely and emergencies come on. I think that players not named in the 9 man squad should also be eligible to come in and play if teams are completely flowered over.

JBs-Hawks

Just let it be games will be washed  out or shortened its just how it is.

If a player gets injured midgame does his scores get wiped? If WA mscore 1/400 and SA get rolled twice cheaply do WAs middle order get replaced?

nrich102

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 09, 2015, 10:05:02 PM

If a player gets injured midgame does his scores get wiped? If WA mscore 1/400 and SA get rolled twice cheaply do WAs middle order get replaced?
Theres a difference between a whole game being called off and a player getting injured or a couple playing well.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nrich102 on November 09, 2015, 10:27:28 PM

Theres a difference between a whole game being called off and a player getting injured or a couple playing well.

Your point?

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 09, 2015, 10:46:32 PM

Your point?
A game being played a certain way is different to a game not being played at all. It's like the difference between a key forwards dreamteam score in pouring wet or his score when they only play 5 minutes of the match then call it off. Different things and you'd do something about the second scenario.

nrich102

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 09, 2015, 10:46:32 PM

Your point?
Come on man, don't act stupid. You know that they're totally different scenarios and you can't have the same rule for both.

JBs-Hawks

And what if one day is rained out, what if two days are rained out, what if 3 days are rained out?