The Never again list

Started by crowls, December 06, 2016, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Sometimes in Supercoach/Fantasy it is not the selections we make but the ones we avoid that define our season.
This thread is to provide a list of names and stories to others to prompt some deeper thinking.

Let me start:
Do not try to find defence breakout players in starting team.   Trying to guess who will step up in defence requires divine thought. Also most years there will be a couple of rookie defenders who will score as much as your mid price hopefuls.   Just saved yourself 250+K
Rich - never again.  as a mid this year will not get on our radar thank goodness

quinny88

Quote from: crowls on December 06, 2016, 08:54:51 PM
Sometimes in Supercoach/Fantasy it is not the selections we make but the ones we avoid that define our season.
This thread is to provide a list of names and stories to others to prompt some deeper thinking.

Let me start:
Do not try to find defence breakout players in starting team.   Trying to guess who will step up in defence requires divine thought. Also most years there will be a couple of rookie defenders who will score as much as your mid price hopefuls.   Just saved yourself 250+K
Rich - never again.  as a mid this year will not get on our radar thank goodness

As soon as I saw the name of the thread Rich sprung to mind immediately haha. As a mid no one will consider anyway luckily

ben_020285

The_Captain

Tom rockliff.... in out in out in out.. Mate just play some consecutive games ffs...

crowls

Quote from: The_Captain on December 07, 2016, 05:51:50 PM
Tom rockliff.... in out in out in out.. Mate just play some consecutive games ffs...
geez i was worried when i started reading your response.     yeh rocky was hard yards last year.    this year will look at one of rocky and beams and beams is the better value.

The_Captain

Yep he screwed me over so many times. Would rather a season ending injury- at least you know hes gone for a long time and not back.... after 1 week off then injured again. Beams is cheap so worth the risk starting i think...

GoLions

Quote from: crowls on December 07, 2016, 07:22:02 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on December 07, 2016, 05:51:50 PM
geez i was worried when i started reading your response.     yeh rocky was hard yards last year.    this year will look at one of rocky and beams and beams is the better value.
Both locked 8)

The_Captain

Hahaha of course, your a Brissy supporter  ;D. I'm locking sammy mitchell  8) 8) 8)

crowls

Quote from: The_Captain on December 07, 2016, 08:14:01 PM
Hahaha of course, your a Brissy supporter  ;D . I'm locking sammy mitchell  8) 8) 8)
dont do it,   stick with priddis.  sammy is a tease and much better value out there.   take heppel or job over sammy.

meow meow

Cannot fathom why people are/were considering Harley Bennell. It's a pity that he injured himself in the preseason rather than the season proper after he would have sucked many people in.

shaker

Murphy Zaha Rich Cotchin because when they get tagged they can't handle it and there are probably a few more if I sat down and did a bit of research , mid pricers seem to always burn me so will steer clear of them from now on 1 at the most in the team and old players had to many this year and cost me points when they missed games late in the season

crowls

Quote from: shaker on December 15, 2016, 05:02:35 PM
Murphy Zaha Rich Cotchin because when they get tagged they can't handle it and there are probably a few more if I sat down and did a bit of research , mid pricers seem to always burn me so will steer clear of them from now on 1 at the most in the team and old players had to many this year and cost me points when they missed games late in the season
Good point certainly all of them struggle to score when tagged.  Not sure if it is due to age or just style of player.  Doesnt matter though,  DNR them in your team  (Do Not Resusicate)

StuL

sammy123

Sabretooth Tigers

:'(

Shane Mumford.   Missed the second half of 2015 after averaging 113 in 2014 and dropped his average back to 98 last year.
A bit curious though, will the new 3rd man up rule have a positive, negative or no effect on him ??                  :-\