2017 Prices

Started by Gigantor, August 31, 2016, 12:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: crowls on September 07, 2016, 02:16:20 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on September 07, 2016, 11:26:14 AM
Anyone considering Bob Murphy at 389k??

With Fyfe, Beams, Bennell, Swallow, JOM, Elliott also in the mix as returning injured players I will probably only consider him if a number of these start looking like spud picks
murphy will definitely come under consideration.     Do you want to go a Brodie smith, Howe, or Murph?   Could be upgrade target from rookie as well..

Won't be touching Smith, or any defender in the 300k-450k range (except maybe Bob)
There is too much risk in trying to guess who is going to be breakout player.
2015 you had TMac, Picken and Laird who all went from sub 400k to full premo, this year, as far as I can tell there wasn't a single player who did it.

Howe is tempting but with guys like Rance and Laird only 30k more I can't see myself picking him

Gigantor

What about Rucks?

Is anyone considering not picking the Gawn/Goldy combo

Gawn a lock for me, pretty much first picked in my team, Goldy not quite a lock.

Smartin is 100k less than Goldy and has the potential to average within 5-10pts of Goldy which would be worth it IMO. Biggest issue I have is the Archie Smith factor, even if Archie only plays 4 or 5 games with Smartin, it would be enough to screw his average for the year.

Grundy is an interesting one, averaged 107 from round 14, could be a nice POD

Mummy was slightly down this year, only two 120+ scores didn't help. Only missed 1 game which was a good sign. Only 50k less than Goldy so probably a pass for me.

Sandi's discounted price of 305k looks tempting but he will be 34 in December and I don't trust his body. Would only consider if some kind of evil gypsy curse hit 4 of Gawn/Goldy/Smartin/Grundy/Mummy in the off season  ;D ;D

Jacobs is well down this year, only tonned up 4 times which is concerning. Can't see him cracking the ton average next year so big pass for me

enzedder

100% starting both Gawn and Goldy like I did this year.
Only reason I won't is if one of them isn't up and going R1... Then Grundy will get a gig in my team.
Rucks are not even worth a second thought next year IMO.

quinny88

Quote from: Gigantor on September 07, 2016, 03:25:46 PM
What about Rucks?

Is anyone considering not picking the Gawn/Goldy combo

Gawn a lock for me, pretty much first picked in my team, Goldy not quite a lock.

Smartin is 100k less than Goldy and has the potential to average within 5-10pts of Goldy which would be worth it IMO. Biggest issue I have is the Archie Smith factor, even if Archie only plays 4 or 5 games with Smartin, it would be enough to screw his average for the year.

Grundy is an interesting one, averaged 107 from round 14, could be a nice POD

Mummy was slightly down this year, only two 120+ scores didn't help. Only missed 1 game which was a good sign. Only 50k less than Goldy so probably a pass for me.

Sandi's discounted price of 305k looks tempting but he will be 34 in December and I don't trust his body. Would only consider if some kind of evil gypsy curse hit 4 of Gawn/Goldy/Smartin/Grundy/Mummy in the off season  ;D ;D

Jacobs is well down this year, only tonned up 4 times which is concerning. Can't see him cracking the ton average next year so big pass for me

Don't think you can look past Gawn/Goldy combo tbh. Goldy obviously played injured and still was the 2nd best ruck by a mile. Nicnat the only other I would have considered and he's out for the season

kilbluff1985

really doubt they will have Bennell under 400k

Gigantor

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 07, 2016, 04:59:41 PM
really doubt they will have Bennell under 400k

Why not?

No different from Libba this year

dottman

I'm feeling that guys like Gibson are too team originated to be super coach worthy. Thoughts?

Judd Magic

Quote from: dottman on September 09, 2016, 09:25:44 PM
I'm feeling that guys like Gibson are too team originated to be super coach worthy. Thoughts?

Do not pick Gibson!!!

He is a SC team killer!

Lets you down when you need him the most to win an important game.

Gigantor

So with news that Lycett could potentially miss 2017 any love for Giles @278k   ;D

Torpedo10

Quote from: Gigantor on September 14, 2016, 04:39:48 PM
So with news that Lycett could potentially miss 2017 any love for Giles @278k   ;D
Where did you hear this?

Gigantor

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 14, 2016, 06:59:28 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on September 14, 2016, 04:39:48 PM
Where did you hear this?

Quote from: LF on September 14, 2016, 03:54:44 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-14/lycetts-knee-causing-eagles-serious-concerns

THERE are serious concerns over West Coast ruckman Scott Lycett's 2017 campaign, after he was sent to Melbourne to get a second opinion on his posterior cruciate ligament injury.

Lycett battled a sore left knee in the last month of the season. He did some damage to his PCL midway through the season but played on.

He suffered several knocks that hampered him in the last two rounds of the home and away season and the elimination final where he hobbled off early in the second term against the Bulldogs after hurting the knee while laying a tackle.

The Eagles have confirmed Lycett needs some kind of surgery but the extent of the operation is unclear.

AFL.com.au understands that the normal course of action for a partial PCL tear is rest and recovery but a complete tear would require a reconstruction that could rule him out for anywhere between six and 12 months. Any meniscus or cartilage damage would also be concerning going forward.

flower me,this is obviously why we are looking at Petrie

Money Shot

What's the maximum games someone can play to get a discount?

fanTCfool

Quote from: Money Shot on September 22, 2016, 01:59:41 PM

IIRC it is 9 games or less

Money Shot

Quote from: fanTCfool on September 22, 2016, 02:00:48 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on September 22, 2016, 01:59:41 PM

IIRC it is 9 games or less
Thanks mate :)

Gigantor