Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Rids on September 11, 2015, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: Atto on September 11, 2015, 12:37:58 AM
Trades announced here?

If so:

Sweden gives: Leigh Montagna + Marcus Bontempelli

Russia gives: Matthew Broadbent + James Aish + Jeremy Cameron

It's sad to see the couple of Mont and Bont go, but this trade just makes sense. I wanted to get rid of Monty anyway and Bonts will be less useful should he be mid only next season (and if this happens I get rid of him at his highest value). But in return, I get a starter for my defence (which is in need of players who can score lol), and two young guns to increase depth in the midfield and forward.

Rids/Nostra to confirm.

Confirmed.

We lose a young starting back in Broadbent, possibly the best young forward in the game and a top 10 draft pick entering his 3rd year. Taking a risk with Montagna as 2016 could be his last year. We needs mids though. Bontempelli is likely to be mid only from now on but suits our needs perfectly. We are hoping both allow us to become contenders again in 2016 after doing a mini rebuild last year.

While I think bont went to cheap there is pretty good compensation.

Cameron probably hasnt got the game to go too much higher but as gws improve he should go 70-80

Broadbent will never be a superstar but 80 is solid.

Aish has potential and maybe a new club will unleash it.

In short possibly could have got more but fair trade.

Spinking

Spain gives: N Riewoldt + A Swallow + A Walker

Iceland gives N Cockatoo + J Lonie + J Neade

Hurts me in the short term but lots of long term upside

Hellopplz

Quote from: Spinking on September 12, 2015, 09:40:59 PM

Confirmed!

It does hurt Spinks short term as Roo is a top forward but is pretty old so not too long left. Swallow is a fairly solid mid but not a top one anymore. Walker lost his normal role to Docherty but is handy depth and worth the punt. We rate Nakia and Lonie highly and showed in their performances this year that their teams believe in them, and their output will only increase. High hopes for both, especially for Lonie up forward, going to be missed as would have been quite the future for us at Iceland.

Holz

Quote from: Rids on September 11, 2015, 07:12:01 AM
Quote from: Spinking on September 11, 2015, 07:00:36 AM
Spain gives: A Miles + D Zorko + N19 + N38

Russia gives: B Acres + T McDonald + D Lang + N6

Needed a young defender and very happy with TMac. Have lost proven talent for kids with greater upside.

Confirmed.

Once again we are after mids. Miles while not a premium adds some serious depth to our mids. Zorko will also be very handy for our push back into contention. We do lose a fair bit of young talent however in Lang, Acres (both first rd draft selelctions), nat 6 and the very improved Tom McDonald. It is very win win for both teams.

Originally was going to block but looked deep into it.

Lang has showed sonething and is worth thr picks.

Tmac im not sure ifcan repeat but given the lack of good backs has value.

Tmac + 6 for zork is fair.

While miles isnt exactly old and is very solid, acres has shown enough. I think this represents a loss but not enough to reject

Holz

Quote from: Holz on September 11, 2015, 08:51:50 AM
Quote from: Spinking on September 11, 2015, 07:04:37 AM
Spain gives: J Bartel + JP Kennedy

Hungary gives  L Whitfield + N3 + N32

Two old blokes with not long left for a former #1 draft pick and a couple of good upcoming picks
Confirmed.

I want to be competitive.  Bartel hasnt got long left but Jpk does.

Jpk treloar Parker Smith I like my engine room

Have asked around.

Bartel is good but old. Jpk a super premo and in prime but Whitfield and 3 are very good prospects. Looks alot goven whitty a pick 1 but he is developing slower then I wamted too

Holz

Quote from: nostradamus on September 11, 2015, 06:00:48 PM
Russian Roulettes give TTLynch

Croatian Crushers give R. Gray

Reasoning we are in search of solid mids and have an abundance of forwards. Lynch is 3 years younger than Gray but only averages 8 pts less.
Trade fits well with LF's need of fwds ......... a win/win trade that suit both teams needs perfectly

LF to confirm

This is easy.

Lynch has been great,  woth the loss of dpp Gray is similar value

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on September 12, 2015, 10:52:30 AM
Wolves give: Peter Wright + Rookie 8

Stallions give: Dale Thomas + Rookie 14

Spinking to confirm.

Im going ro be bias here I dont like Thomas. But he is very very good if he gets his body right and is still young enoughto do so.

Wright has the potential to be very solid player. I like this, big upside in both but both risky

Holz

Quote from: Nige on September 12, 2015, 12:23:58 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 12, 2015, 12:19:38 PM
We give: Cale Hooker
Nige gives: Brodie Smith

Nige to confirm
Confirmed!

Basically assuming Brodie will not get close to his 2014 form again and may even be mid only in time while Cale is probably a solid chance to get F/D and I'll need that with position changes meaning I'll lose Picken and maybe Dahlhaus to the midfield.

I think Smith will bounce back if he does he is better then Hooker. At the moment Hooker better

Holz

Quote from: Nige on September 12, 2015, 01:26:30 PM
Quote from: Rids on September 12, 2015, 01:22:02 PM

Russia gives: Tom Langdon + Dan Menzel

Swiss gives: Travis Boak + Sam Mayes

Reasoning: We were keen for one more decent mid. Boak fits in well for us. Nige was keen for a very good young defender starter and they don't come any better than Tom Langdon. We have quite a bit of depth in the backs so were happy to lose him for that extra mid. Nige was also keen on Menzel so Mayes is used to level the trade out.

Nige to comfirm.
Confirmed!

Next year, my midfield could be something like: Wines, Prestia, Boak, KJack, Grigg, Conca, Picken, Dahlhaus, Brayshaw so minus Boak there are still 8 pretty solid options to pick from every week. Losing Picken means another defender is necessary and I've now added Hooker (F/D) and Langdon to help out there and Menzel is a bit of a risk, but I'm happy to back him in to stay fit and add something to the Swiss forward line.

Reject.

Feel Boak Mayes is too much.

Langdon a solid back but Menzel just hasnt played enough to balance the trade. Feel a pick or something else is needed to even it out

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 12, 2015, 09:52:59 PM
Quote from: Spinking on September 12, 2015, 09:40:59 PM

Confirmed!

It does hurt Spinks short term as Roo is a top forward but is pretty old so not too long left. Swallow is a fairly solid mid but not a top one anymore. Walker lost his normal role to Docherty but is handy depth and worth the punt. We rate Nakia and Lonie highly and showed in their performances this year that their teams believe in them, and their output will only increase. High hopes for both, especially for Lonie up forward, going to be missed as would have been quite the future for us at Iceland.

Reject.

While giving older players swallow is still in prime. Good potential is given but despite lonie no real dt potential seen yet.

Hellopplz

Fiiiiine, I'll upgrade my side :P.

Iceland gives: Cockatoo + Lonie + Neade + Impey + #25 Nat
Spain gives: Roo + Swallow + Walker

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 13, 2015, 12:40:21 AM
Fiiiiine, I'll upgrade my side :P.

Iceland gives: Cockatoo + Lonie + Neade + Impey + #25 Nat
Spain gives: Roo + Swallow + Walker

Approved

Rids

Quote from: Holz on September 13, 2015, 12:08:47 AM

Reasoning: We were keen for one more decent mid. Boak fits in well for us. Nige was keen for a very good young defender starter and they don't come any better than Tom Langdon. We have quite a bit of depth in the backs so were happy to lose him for that extra mid. Nige was also keen on Menzel so Mayes is used to level the trade out.

Nige to comfirm.
Confirmed!

Next year, my midfield could be something like: Wines, Prestia, Boak, KJack, Grigg, Conca, Picken, Dahlhaus, Brayshaw so minus Boak there are still 8 pretty solid options to pick from every week. Losing Picken means another defender is necessary and I've now added Hooker (F/D) and Langdon to help out there and Menzel is a bit of a risk, but I'm happy to back him in to stay fit and add something to the Swiss forward line.

Reject.

Langdon a solid back but Menzel just hasnt played enough to balance the trade. Feel a pick or something else is needed to even it out

Langdon is a top 25 back on average already and is 21. I think you have under rated how valuable Langdon is... anyways we will add a couple of picks.

Russia give: T. Langdon + D. Menzel + nat 37 + rook 20

Swiss give: T. Boak + S. Mayes

Holz

Quote from: Rids on September 13, 2015, 07:40:00 AM

Nige to comfirm.
Confirmed!

Reject.

Langdon is a top 25 back on average already and is 21. I think you have under rated how valuable Langdon is... anyways we will add a couple of picks.

It was close.

Trade accepted

Normally unless a trafe is flat out bad a few picks fixes it. You guys are all really good coaches so I dont have to do much

Nige

Quote from: Rids on September 13, 2015, 07:40:00 AM

Nige to comfirm.
Confirmed!

Reject.

Confirmed.

Agreed with Rids' assessment. Might use Rook 20 if anything.