FF Discord

Started by DazBurg, October 22, 2011, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: PowerBug on February 03, 2015, 12:51:23 PM
Quote from: Nige on February 03, 2015, 12:48:11 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 03, 2015, 12:43:02 PM
There's a dictatorship going on now?

Anyway, Thursday 2nd April, jump on chat because no one will be wanting to watch two crap teams play football.
Yeah, you can't be a good bloke and promote a chat regular for a night because if you do you permanently lose your host status.  :o

Haha, loving the banter. Vin's already certain Carlton will win, so it's gonna be funny when they lose. And not so funny when we have a 5 goal lead and lose it only to win by <6 points.
No idea what you're talking about Nige, but if we all jump on chat then everything will be ok :D

The Round 1 match is generally good, only because neither team know how to win.
Richmond to win by a point and occupy the usual table position 9 after Round 1.

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on February 03, 2015, 12:53:21 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 03, 2015, 12:51:23 PM

Anyway, Thursday 2nd April, jump on chat because no one will be wanting to watch two crap teams play football.
Yeah, you can't be a good bloke and promote a chat regular for a night because if you do you permanently lose your host status.  :o

Haha, loving the banter. Vin's already certain Carlton will win, so it's gonna be funny when they lose. And not so funny when we have a 5 goal lead and lose it only to win by <6 points.
No idea what you're talking about Nige, but if we all jump on chat then everything will be ok :D

The Round 1 match is generally good, only because neither team know how to win.
Richmond to win by a point and occupy the usual table position 9 after Round 1.
imagine if the tiges got up by 30+ and still were 9th after R1

Nige

Pls, we haven't finished 9th since 2008.

For example, a team like North has been more inconsistent and has finished 9th more than us since then.

Pretty sad that people have to hold on to an 8 year old joke.  :P

Capper

Quote from: Nige on February 03, 2015, 01:00:51 PM

For example, a team like North has been more inconsistent and has finished 9th more than us since then.

but still the only team to be knocked out of the finals by 9th place

Nige

Quote from: tabs on February 03, 2015, 01:06:32 PM
Quote from: Nige on February 03, 2015, 01:00:51 PM

but still the only team to be knocked out of the finals by 9th place
Meh, an achievement's an achievement.  :P

Grazz

Stop speaking in riddles and spit out what your wanting to say. What dictatorship which by the way i take offence to because thats just not true. When i was asked to take over the room it need sorting through all the hosts ass hosts etc as there was to many and some people were just never on. So it was sorted and reorganised to make more sense.

Chat isnt about status or how high your ranked but again thats what some are making it out to be and upset about, the same people that get upset about other things like awards etc if they cant be part of them or do ok in them they drag it down call it a popularity contest or alike hence spoiling it for those that win or are involved. Happens all to often with good things trying to be done here for everyone. Kinda getting fed up with it tbh.

Im still getting my head around all the ins and outs of chat and have it pretty well nailed now and a mistake was made due to a misunderstanding of who could permanently promote and that was reversed straightaway once it was explained who and how promotions worked.

Chat is still exactly what it was, a place to meet, catch up and talk freely and have a good time just as always. If its changed for you because of the reorganising there was no malice in it, it was sorted to bring chat up to date with who predominantly uses it now and how often etc. If it sucks because a rank has changed then that speaks volumes about you and what the room means to you not the room itself.

Grazz

This was reversed once i knew exactly what the ins and outs of the site were understood and was never going to be permanent anyway. You spat the dummy out the pram and left chat before any of this could be spoken about. and if you had been back you would of seen this. 

GM

Quote from: Grazz on February 03, 2015, 01:22:34 PM
Stop speaking in riddles and spit out what your wanting to say. What dictatorship which by the way i take offence to because thats just not true. When i was asked to take over the room it need sorting through all the hosts ass hosts etc as there was to many and some people were just never on. So it was sorted and reorganised to make more sense.

Chat isnt about status or how high your ranked but again thats what some are making it out to be and upset about, the same people that get upset about other things like awards etc if they cant be part of them or do ok in them they drag it down call it a popularity contest or alike hence spoiling it for those that win or are involved. Happens all to often with good things trying to be done here for everyone. Kinda getting fed up with it tbh.

Im still getting my head around all the ins and outs of chat and have it pretty well nailed now and a mistake was made due to a misunderstanding of who could permanently promote and that was reversed straightaway once it was explained who and how promotions worked.

Chat is still exactly what it was, a place to meet, catch up and talk freely and have a good time just as always. If its changed for you because of the reorganising there was no malice in it, it was sorted to bring chat up to date with who predominantly uses it now and how often etc. If it sucks because a rank has changed then that speaks volumes about you and what the room means to you not the room itself.

Nige

Riddles? I think I've been pretty clear about how I feel. I haven't sugarcoated anything at all. I've refrained from namedropping, that's it. I didn't use names through fear of this kind of overreaction.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with status, but the people who have the ranks on chat they did, all had it for a reason and now most have been stripped or demoted of something they earned. The reason I'm most upset is because I turned up to chat and didn't have host status and nobody knew why. If I was told it was going to happen or even cautioned about it beforehand, that would have been better. All I needed was an explanation which nobody could give me. I probably would have been fine with a message on chat saying 'Nige, you're host status is being removed because...".

Instead of making rash decisions, why not just ask or get help from somebody like HP who was aop and knew the ins and outs of chat way before most did? I'm sure he would have happily explained everything. This whole situation was easily preventable.

I'm going to have to disagree on the last bit, it's definitely not the same place as it once was and it's got nothing to do about rank. The vibe is totally different. And clearly I'm not alone in feeling like this, at least one other person has already expressed this and I wouldn't be surprised if there were others who hold this belief but have chosen to remain silent.

Bill Manspeaker

I think chats the same as always but I'm always pissed when in chat :P

everybody relaaax and have a few brewskies!

Grazz

Quote from: Nige on February 03, 2015, 01:45:50 PM
Riddles? I think I've been pretty clear about how I feel. I haven't sugarcoated anything at all. I've refrained from namedropping, that's it. I didn't use names through fear of this kind of overreaction.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with status, but the people who have the ranks on chat they did, all had it for a reason and now most have been stripped or demoted of something they earned. The reason I'm most upset is because I turned up to chat and didn't have host status and nobody knew why. If I was told it was going to happen or even cautioned about it beforehand, that would have been better. All I needed was an explanation which nobody could give me. I probably would have been fine with a message on chat saying 'Nige, you're host status is being removed because...".

Instead of making rash decisions, why not just ask or get help from somebody like HP who was aop and knew the ins and outs of chat way before most did? I'm sure he would have happily explained everything. This whole situation was easily preventable.

I'm going to have to disagree on the last bit, it's definitely not the same place as it once was and it's got nothing to do about rank. The vibe is totally different. And clearly I'm not alone in feeling like this, at least one other person has already expressed this and I wouldn't be surprised if there were others who hold this belief but have chosen to remain silent.

You do talk in riddles, you take cheap shots Nige. Whose the dictator me HP or the other hosts or are we all dictators. So far the only over reaction im seeing is from you mate. I have tried again and again to explain and admitted an error occured because i understood promotions to be permanent by hosts then reversed even after you spat it and left without hearing why and that we wanted to discuss promotions with you.
All this agro has come about from you loosing Host status which as i said  was reinstated once i was made aware of excatly how promotions happen and remain and those that dont remain. It was removed so i could speak to you about it and not have all the names promoted again before i could which i later found out couldnt happen so your Host status was returned straightaway and we would discuss it next time you were on.

Can you tell me who lost their rank and why they shouldnt of and if its legit then it will be returned. The Hosts have been set up to cover all hours of the day people are on so there is always someone there with enough power to sort any issues which may arise. If there are gaps and another Host is required to fill the gap then it will be done.
I was attempting to explain when you left chaft .

HP was the one who asked me to do this and has been a great help, so have others assisting me get around the rules and who can do what. Im am not acting on my own behalf or doing as i want i am doing what is asked of me lets make that clear. It wasnt a rash decision it was calculated at the time and nothing would of got out of hand as it is now if you remained in chat and listened instead you got angry and left.

The room is exactly the same as ive always known it. I can see that more than just you feel this but i dont get it tbh. PB saying its a dictatorship is odd as PB hasnt been there a lot and im guessing its off the back of your comments to him regarding whats happened here and with your host status.

It's not a dictatorship is assure you, i wouldnt want it to be. I am acting on behalf of more than just me thats a fact.
If attempting to explain the situation is an overreaction to you there isnt alot i can do, ive explained what happened and why.
Hopefully all the hosts, owners can work together as a group to make it all work for the betterment of everyone who uses chat by taking on board everybodies feelings regardless of their rank. Hosts, owners can then act on those sentiments if deemed necessary.

Nige

This conversation doesn't need to happen, I'm leaving it as it is.

Grazz

Quote from: Nige on February 03, 2015, 03:03:06 PM
This conversation doesn't need to happen, I'm leaving it as it is.

Yep cause a shower storm call me a dictator then walk away when asked to actually put some names on the table.

Who is a dictator Nige and why do you think this?
Who should have their status returned that hasnt had it returned?

These are legit questions i think need to be discussed.

Nige

Dictatorship is probably the wrong word, oligarchy is more fitting.

I don't really have a list per se, but it doesn't sit right with me that somebody like AFEV, who has been around the forum and chat longer than nearly everybody doesn't have host/aop anymore. Back when I first used the forum and chat, he was great. Hasn't been on much recently because of life, but if you're not going to give that back to him because he has more of a life now, that's a shame.

PowerBug

Quote from: Grazz on February 03, 2015, 02:56:44 PM
The room is exactly the same as ive always known it. I can see that more than just you feel this but i dont get it tbh. PB saying its a dictatorship is odd as PB hasnt been there a lot and im guessing its off the back of your comments to him regarding whats happened here and with your host status.
You misunderstood me. I asked the question if there was, as in, I wasn't aware that there was one in place.