Main Menu

FF Discord

Started by DazBurg, October 22, 2011, 10:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 18, 2013, 01:42:38 PM
I usually talk to Torpy about FTP, but after like a few lines in proper chat, we shift to PC after that to not clog it up.

I can see both sides as usually apart of both sides haha (FTP user and get alienated by other chat). I tend to do something else or just read when people have a topic that I have no idea about, which happens a lot when sometimes I'm in there with people a bit older than me :P. Don't mind discussing talking FTP in the actual chat but no need to copy paste the scores and stuff to make it hard for others to follow their conversations.

If people do disagree, it isn't too hard to make a new room for a certain chat, just saying :P.
Thankyou

And I think stats where posted once by Torpy, nothing major.

I'm not going to reply to Grazz's post simply because I am just repeating myself. By blowing it out of proportions I meant you threatening to "leave" over something so little.

Ringo

Just throwing in my 2 cents worth - FTP tends to dominate when 3 or 4 of you are involved. Yesterday for example when I came on tried to talk about a couple of things in chat but it was overtaken by the FTP stuff. For the record I also detest the Basketball takeover as well to be consistent.  I admit I like both but surely separate chat rooms can be made for both of these to allow chat to take place on those 2 subjects

My Chumps

Next thing we'll have to make a separate chat room for every topic. Come on guys. The only thing that annoys me is spamming of FTP statistics that mean absolutely nothing to me :P

Master Q

Quote from: My Chumps on November 18, 2013, 06:05:18 PM
Next thing we'll have to make a separate chat room for every topic. Come on guys. The only thing that annoys me is spamming of FTP statistics that mean absolutely nothing to me :P
^

I understand the stats can be annoying. But I never posted them + they were posted once or twice last night.

elephants

There's this invention called PC. Its amazing. FTP people. Use it.

specky92

Quote from: elephants on November 18, 2013, 06:30:59 PM
I kind of have to agree here, or make a FTP chat room, you should be able to talk about whatever you want but FTP talk is like super exclusive to people that play it, to others it's just nonsense whereas most other subjects at least people can contribute.

Grazz

Quote from: Master Q on November 18, 2013, 05:06:36 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 18, 2013, 01:42:38 PM
I usually talk to Torpy about FTP, but after like a few lines in proper chat, we shift to PC after that to not clog it up.

I can see both sides as usually apart of both sides haha (FTP user and get alienated by other chat). I tend to do something else or just read when people have a topic that I have no idea about, which happens a lot when sometimes I'm in there with people a bit older than me :P. Don't mind discussing talking FTP in the actual chat but no need to copy paste the scores and stuff to make it hard for others to follow their conversations.

If people do disagree, it isn't too hard to make a new room for a certain chat, just saying :P.
Thankyou

And I think stats where posted once by Torpy, nothing major.

I'm not going to reply to Grazz's post simply because I am just repeating myself. By blowing it out of proportions I meant you threatening to "leave" over something so little.

I meant leave the chat room not FF. ::)

Justin Bieber

If it helps, I play FTP and usually not interested in the stats :P.

I doubt there'll be a way to make everybody happy with the situation, I usually just last through the periods when unable to contribute, or try to here and there depending on the topic. But think everybody can try to be more considerate if they notice many of the users on aren't responding so may feel isolated, so can look to make a new room for the specific topic if this happens :). I've been prone to being caught up in the group who isolate people, so many could be suspect to it at different times.

Master Q

Why should we? Why can't you?

Master Q

Just updated the title for yall  :)

QuoteWelcome to FF Elite Chat! Please make rooms or a private chat if you want to talk about something - discussion of any sorts is forbidden. Also one message per hour otherwise users cannot read all things posted. Disobey these rules and you could be banned.

Enjoy the chat guys!  :)

Nige

I find it hilarious how the FTPers (mainly Q) are getting so butthurt over this.  :P

Takes all of a minute to create a room.

Doesn't even take that long to PC a fellow FTPer to discuss whatever rather than leaving 9 (random number - for example) trying to discuss stuff amongst your stuff.

9 (again, example number) people can't have a group discussion via PC. 

Grazz

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 18, 2013, 06:50:42 PM
If it helps, I play FTP and usually not interested in the stats :P.

I doubt there'll be a way to make everybody happy with the situation, I usually just last through the periods when unable to contribute, or try to here and there depending on the topic. But think everybody can try to be more considerate if they notice many of the users on aren't responding so may feel isolated, so can look to make a new room for the specific topic if this happens :). I've been prone to being caught up in the group who isolate people, so many could be suspect to it at different times.

Yeh I to don't believe its something that's ever done on purpose mate its just something that happens with complete innocence and no malice intended. I made a comment here that if those involved wanted to copy a lot of stats and paste it then move into another room which went over like a lead balloon with Q, the comment I hate it when people complain did jack me up a bit because we all should be allowed to express if something annoys us, what jacked me off further was the comment that the 9 there already should move or do something else while 4 do their cricket stuff, that to me is a little bit selfish and inconsiderate. I have no dramas what so ever about anyone talking about fantasy cricket at all but when stats and other stuff starts being pasted it ruins any hope of holding or carrying on a conversation. I also understand that my point of view could be seen by those interested in fantasy cricket as a little selfish and inconsiderate towards them, I hope we can find some middle ground where all parties will be happy and move past this HP. :)

Quote from: Master Q on November 18, 2013, 07:05:45 PM

QuoteWelcome to FF Elite Chat! Please make rooms or a private chat if you want to talk about something - discussion of any sorts is forbidden. Also one message per hour otherwise users cannot read all things posted. Disobey these rules and you could be banned.

Seriously Q c'mon mate whats that about. :-\

elephants

Quote from: Master Q on November 18, 2013, 06:59:34 PM
Why should we? Why can't you?

2-4 people talking about FTlame or 10 people unable to speak because a ton of shower is being posted. Who should move... hmm...

Nige

Quote from: Master Q on November 18, 2013, 07:05:45 PM

Master Q

Butthurt Nigey? I am enjoying this  :P

Grazz

Quote from: Master Q on November 17, 2013, 10:10:07 PM
a) Do something else till the conversation is over
b) Have a conversation with someone about something you want to talk about
c) Private chat someone if you want to speak to them