Our take on what went wrong for the Cats in round 1! Reality check??

Started by shorty3264, April 07, 2015, 11:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorty3264

Hey guys, my mate and I will be doing a weekly review of all the Cats performances this year, as we did last! Hopefully more positive results in the coming weeks but it was a tough initiation into 2015 for Geelong so check out our thoughts on where it went wrong and what the Cats need to do from here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdWCmV5BsJA

Plenty of other content on the channel as well. Let us know your thoughts on the video and of course the Cats!

bunyip

What's your take on the coaches opting for such an inexperienced bench. Leaving out George and Jordon Murdoch just baffles me. Not that it would have made a difference to the result. Playing virtually 3 first gamers if you count Langy is strange considering it was round one. NONE of the young first gamers had an impact.

shorty3264

It's a good point mate. If we isolate those five names. Murdoch, Horlin-Smith, Gregson, Cockatoo and Lang. I think the most deserving three of them played. I think Murdoch's pre-season was hugely underwhelming, and even more frustrating considering his upside. GHS is an  interesting one, I rated very high 12-18 months ago, but hasn't quite come on I feel, but may find his way into the side this week. Tbh, my pre-match selection of our bench didn't include Gregson, I opted for Horlin-Smith so I think he was slightly stiff there and we may have been a tad inexperienced. Do you think there will be many changes this week mate? Bartel has got to be a 20% chance of playing I reckon.