Main Menu

TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 02, 2015, 10:30:48 AM
Banshee creator has announced the 4th season will be the last :'(

Pretty much expected this. There's not a lot of direction left to go, realistically

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 02, 2015, 03:09:52 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on August 02, 2015, 10:30:48 AM
Banshee creator has announced the 4th season will be the last :'(

Pretty much expected this. There's not a lot of direction left to go, realistically
said he is a huge TV fan and didnt want to dilute the product with a wedding or evil twin scenario

Pkbaldy

Yeah you can't drag on a good series for too long,  otherwise it turns it into Dexter season 5+

Hellopplz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 02, 2015, 07:35:53 PM
Yeah you can't drag on a good series for too long,  otherwise it turns it into Dexter season 5+
It's why my friend hasn't finished the last like 12 eps of Dexter :-X.

Also why I never finished the last season of Chuck. Was advised by Alex and Boomz ages ago that it just ruins it so better off stopping before then (which I did) :P.

RaisyDaisy

New TV show called Sneaky Pete is finally getting aired

Stars Giovanni Ribisi (Love him) and produced by Bryan Cranston. Amazon will be airing the pilot for free, and then based on response it will be seen if it gets picked up for a season

I'll be checking it out when I get a chance

jvalles69

Not sure if anyone here is into anime, I'm not really, but tend to watch the good stuff like Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star, Neon Genesis etc.  Started watching Attack on Titan the anime series in prep for the 2 movies and live action series starting later this year and it's definitely pulled me in after watching the first 2 episodes.  Bit annoying having to read subtitles, but at least I pay full attention.  I recomend checking it out, 2 eps down, 23 to go!

Hellopplz

The premise is really out there and I got into it thanks to a friend. Some episodes do drag on a bit, but the story line keeps you tuned in. The live action movie looks interesting for the anime :o.

And the next season is taking ages to come out, but the Manga is way ahead of it. So if you're into reading, can get a few seasons ahead of the anime before season 2 even comes out. I've gotten so many spoilers cause I accidentally read some stuff on the wiki for it :'(. So I'd avoid going to the wiki if you get lost at any point :P.

Not a huge anime fan but Cowboy Bebop was awesome :D.

jvalles69

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 06, 2015, 07:38:49 PM
The premise is really out there and I got into it thanks to a friend. Some episodes do drag on a bit, but the story line keeps you tuned in. The live action movie looks interesting for the anime :o.

And the next season is taking ages to come out, but the Manga is way ahead of it. So if you're into reading, can get a few seasons ahead of the anime before season 2 even comes out. I've gotten so many spoilers cause I accidentally read some stuff on the wiki for it :'(. So I'd avoid going to the wiki if you get lost at any point :P.

Not a huge anime fan but Cowboy Bebop was awesome :D.

Thanks for he tips, looking forward to getting into it again tonight before bed!  ;D

Vinny

jvalles69

Quote from: Vinny on August 07, 2015, 06:11:15 PM
SUITS, flower me.

I haven't watched the latest one yet and have no idea when I'll get the chance!!! :(

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 06, 2015, 10:51:40 AM
Not sure if anyone here is into anime, I'm not really, but tend to watch the good stuff like Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star, Neon Genesis etc.  Started watching Attack on Titan the anime series in prep for the 2 movies and live action series starting later this year and it's definitely pulled me in after watching the first 2 episodes.  Bit annoying having to read subtitles, but at least I pay full attention.  I recomend checking it out, 2 eps down, 23 to go!

There is an English dub version out on the net. Awesome series
Love me anime.
Try Code Geass/death note/Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood/samurai champloo/claymore
All great short series animes and all have English dubs

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 06, 2015, 07:38:49 PMCowboy Bebop was awesome :D.

That was a great series too

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on August 09, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

There is an English dub version out on the net. Awesome series
Love me anime.
Try Code Geass/death note/Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood/samurai champloo/claymore
All great short series animes and all have English dubs

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 06, 2015, 07:38:49 PMCowboy Bebop was awesome :D.

That was a great series too

Yeah I've got Death Note ready to go and also one called Shiki which has some good reviews too...when I get through Titan that is!

Hellopplz

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 01, 2015, 04:50:52 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 31, 2015, 09:06:48 AM
Was very bored last night so I watched 7 Days In Hell last night, possibly the funniest thing i've seen in a very long time. Kit Harrington played the dumb brittish boy so well haha.
That's great to hear ;D. Foxtel been advertising it like crazy so was going to watch it in a week when they show it (as too lazy to stream).
Watched it last night and have to agree Pk, was quite the laugh ;D. So random at times with some parts but made it even more hilarious. 40 minutes well spent.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 09, 2015, 12:32:38 PM
Yeah I've got Death Note ready to go and also one called Shiki which has some good reviews too...when I get through Titan that is!

Shiki was ok. Beserk is another one that was awesome.
Baccano is an awesome series too if you like those sorta shows/movies that have multiple storylines from different times going at once and joining together in the end.

Enjoy anyways

Pkbaldy

If you like most of those I suggest Psycho Pass. flowering amazing anime. But yeah Death Note is probably my most watch TV Show ever... Would of seen it at least 10 times... haha

But if you want something a bit more over the top, look up Jojo's bizarre adventures. Each season is a different story in time with a different family member.

Also Seven Deadly Sins is really easy to get into, and the anime is short so will only take you a few days.

But if you want to watch the ultimate anime, Hunter x Hunter is the go. Just complete genius, although has like 150 episodes, so might take you a while.