Main Menu

TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: My Chumps on June 16, 2015, 04:23:56 PM
Also, if they do a 'oh he's not dead after all we have magic!' bullshower I'll be even more pissed off than if they just left him dead.

It's just shock value bullshower. At least when Rob etc died it served exponential narrative purpose. The build up to that death was perfectly played out and alluded too. This was just... urgh. It urks me.
There's already been at least two characters who have been resurrected in the show, and at least three in the books. If he's dead for real I'd be surprised.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Stannis is still alive, not sure if Brienne would have wanted to go through with it. Either Sansa and Theon showed up, or she decided she wanted people to know Stannis was responsible for Renly's death and so kept him alive to let the world know. Or she might even try to use him as a bargaining chip for Sansa (not knowing that she escaped).

And dunno if Myrcella is dead either haha. Trystane may have an antidote. Also, with that prophecy thingo, it says "Gold will be their crown, and gold their shrouds". Can be interpreted one of two ways. Either a literal crown, in which case she hasn't been queen yet, or crown as in her golden hair, in which case yeah she definitely could be dead.

And FWIW none of this is book spoilers in case people were wondering.

Keeper27

meow meow

The show has gone downhill ever since the best character died anyway. Joffrey was the man, and his death was cheap and not at all satisfying in any way whatsoever.

Vikings is better.

Capper

Quote from: meow meow on June 16, 2015, 05:04:32 PM
The show has gone downhill ever since the best character died anyway. Joffrey was the man, and his death was cheap and not at all satisfying in any way whatsoever.

Vikings is better.
For Joffrey to have a satisfying death through, everyone would have wanted to be inolved

RaisyDaisy

Overall the season wasn't really inspiring, but boy oh boy they really did give a whole new meaning to the walk of shame LOL that must have been so hard for her to do

Nige

Quote from: LF on June 11, 2015, 10:37:29 PM
Well I'm done watching Masterchef now.Judges aren't even hiding their bias anymore.
Georgia puts up a dish my 10yr old could cook and she gets through,bullshower.
You could tell she was one of their favourites from day one though. But yeah, that was pretty average.

I don't know how the hell Rose has survived so many eliminations and how Amy is still there either. Baffling, so flowering baffling.

Also, been watching a fair bit of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, such a good show.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Nige on June 16, 2015, 08:26:36 PM
Well I'm done watching Masterchef now.Judges aren't even hiding their bias anymore.
You could tell she was one of their favourites from day one though. But yeah, that was pretty average.

I don't know how the hell Rose has survived so many eliminations and how Amy is still there either. Baffling, so flowering baffling.

Also, been watching a fair bit of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, such a good show.

Ramsay has another show the same but on hotels that you might also like

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 16, 2015, 08:41:50 PM
Quote from: Nige on June 16, 2015, 08:26:36 PM

Ramsay has another show the same but on hotels that you might also like
Yeah, Hotel Hell. I've seen that as well, but I prefer cooking shows in general tbh.

RaisyDaisy

Ultimate Ramsay fan here. Seen every single episode of every single show he has made  8) (Except Masterchef US because cbf)

Downloaded S3 of Orange over the weekend - now I just have to figure out when I am going to find the time to watch it

Orange, True Detective and Suits all back this month and I'm short of time

Toga

You better not be talking about Ramsay Bolton that guys is a flowering psycho :P

But yeah not a great season tbh... The stories did stagnate in the books at about this point though so think it should pick up again next season.

Ricochet

For those that have read the book... That big prick that picked up Cersei after her walk of shame, how much of a part does he play going forward? (without giving away spoilers :P)

jvalles69

Quote from: Ricochet on June 17, 2015, 11:11:00 AM
For those that have read the book... That big prick that picked up Cersei after her walk of shame, how much of a part does he play going forward? (without giving away spoilers :P)

I was thinking the same thing! Who is this monster and whats his back story?

Kellogscrunchynut

Haven't read the book but I'm pretty sure that its the Mountain.

Toga

Don't think this is a spoiler but just in case it is and you don't want to know (but thought it was pretty obvious) but that bloke is THE MOUNTAIN - just resurrected by Cersei's freaky little magician friend Maester Qyburn.

The end of this season kind of skips forwards and is pretty much the point at which the books finish I'm pretty sure. So you don't really know how much of a part he has to play, although if Cersei is gonna face a trial (could be by combat) he might be pretty prominent in that.

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on June 17, 2015, 11:42:53 AM

Don't think this is a spoiler but just in case it is and you don't want to know (but thought it was pretty obvious) but that bloke is THE MOUNTAIN - just resurrected by Cersei's freaky little magician friend Maester Qyburn.

The end of this season kind of skips forwards and is pretty much the point at which the books finish I'm pretty sure. So you don't really know how much of a part he has to play, although if Cersei is gonna face a trial (could be by combat) he might be pretty prominent in that.
Ahhhh thats right, remember that freaky little friend