TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on May 04, 2015, 02:05:40 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on May 03, 2015, 12:02:24 AM
Fresh off the boat is so good. But maybe I'm biased as an Asian :P

Same

This show is hilarious, not because I'm asian either, because I was born in the early 80's and it's targeted at my generation!

Thought the 1st ep of Wayward Pines was great, a bit Lost-ish, and hoping Shymalan can make a comeback from some of the stuff that derailed him as an awesome writer.

Trying to finish off Gotham before I get started on Daredevil, why the hell do they make so many damn episodes per season of American shows?!?!  Prefer the short series style the British use with shows like Peaky Blinders, Luther and Black Mirror (these shows are epic if you haven't checked them out yet).

kilbluff1985

Hannibal starts on 4th of June

think i'm more excited for this then i was for GOT

kilbluff1985

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 04, 2015, 03:55:31 PM
Quote from: Keeper27 on May 04, 2015, 02:05:40 AM
Quote from: BoredSaint on May 03, 2015, 12:02:24 AM
Fresh off the boat is so good. But maybe I'm biased as an Asian :P

Same

This show is hilarious, not because I'm asian either, because I was born in the early 80's and it's targeted at my generation!

Thought the 1st ep of Wayward Pines was great, a bit Lost-ish, and hoping Shymalan can make a comeback from some of the stuff that derailed him as an awesome writer.

Trying to finish off Gotham before I get started on Daredevil, why the hell do they make so many damn episodes per season of American shows?!?!  Prefer the short series style the British use with shows like Peaky Blinders, Luther and Black Mirror (these shows are epic if you haven't checked them out yet).

heaps of US shows have shorter seasons these days like 13 eps

ADEZ

Finished Banshee now, struggled through the first season but 2 & 3 were incredible and smashed them in about a week :-X, very underrated as some have said on here...Peaky Blinders is next on the long list! Now rely on Fanfooty for tv shoes more than DT advice :o

jvalles69

Quote from: ADEZ on May 05, 2015, 12:21:43 PM
Finished Banshee now, struggled through the first season but 2 & 3 were incredible and smashed them in about a week :-X, very underrated as some have said on here...Peaky Blinders is next on the long list! Now rely on Fanfooty for tv shoes more than DT advice :o

Peaky Blinders is awesome, cross betwen SOA and Boardwalk Empire. Add Black Mirror and Luther to that list.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 05, 2015, 03:08:26 PM
Peaky Blinders is awesome, cross betwen SOA and Boardwalk Empire. Add Black Mirror and Luther to that list.

I asked about Black Mirror a few pages back but didn't get any response

It looks interesting.. only 5 eps I think?

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 05, 2015, 03:44:47 PM

I think its 3 eps in 1st series, 3 eps in 2nd series and 1 xmas special in the 2nd series so 7 all up for now, but apparently there is an American series in the works with all new stories.

Basic premise is its an anthology by Charlie Brooker I think who isn't overly keen on technology and each episode looks at the not too distant future and technology that prob isn't too far away and he looks at what can go wrong.  Prob one of the best water cooler discussion shows if more people watched it.  I'll leave it at that because any more would be giving it away. ;)

RaisyDaisy

Boy Oh Boy Wowee next month we have some goodness coming

June 12: Orange Is The New Black Season 3
June 21: True Detective Season 2
June 24: Suits Season 5

kilbluff1985

u forgot Hannibal

and when does TWD spin off start think it's soon

RaisyDaisy

I didn't forget it because I don't watch it :P

Yeah Yeah I'm sure it's great but I have enough shows on my plate as it is :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 05, 2015, 11:44:28 PM
I didn't forget it because I don't watch it :P

Yeah Yeah I'm sure it's great but I have enough shows on my plate as it is :P

most underrated show on tv  :P

NoButYeah

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 05, 2015, 04:09:50 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 05, 2015, 03:44:47 PM

I think its 3 eps in 1st series, 3 eps in 2nd series and 1 xmas special in the 2nd series so 7 all up for now, but apparently there is an American series in the works with all new stories.

Basic premise is its an anthology by Charlie Brooker I think who isn't overly keen on technology and each episode looks at the not too distant future and technology that prob isn't too far away and he looks at what can go wrong.  Prob one of the best water cooler discussion shows if more people watched it.  I'll leave it at that because any more would be giving it away. ;)

The Christmas special... Damn

Nige

They released the voting pool for Survivor: Second Chance which is gonna be in Cambodia.

You can vote here: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/second-chance/

I'm pretty hyped, there are a few older contestants like Jeff Varner and Kelly Wiglesworth.

Non-Americans (us) can vote, but we can't watch their campaign videos.  :(

jvalles69

Quote from: Nige on May 07, 2015, 01:55:23 PM
They released the voting pool for Survivor: Second Chance which is gonna be in Cambodia.

You can vote here: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/second-chance/

I'm pretty hyped, there are a few older contestants like Jeff Varner and Kelly Wiglesworth.

Non-Americans (us) can vote, but we can't watch their campaign videos.  :(

Awesome!  This current season is rubbish, there are NO likeable characters at all, hard to watch a bunch of dickheads each week!

Nige

Haha amen to that.

Just voted for the first time, will definitely be voting every day as long as I remember.  :P

For the women I voted for:

Ciera, Kass, Peih-Gee, Tasha, T-Bird, Kelley, Wiglesworth, Kimmi, Shirin and Abi-Maria.

For the men I voted for:

Jeremy, Keith, Shane, Fishbach, Varner, Spencer, Woo, Terry, Savage and Vytas.

The men's side of the pool was really tough, had to get the oldies in or we'll never see them again.