TV Series: Warning - Spoilers Inside

Started by monstrum, October 06, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobe#4

Bill Manspeaker

Vinny

I was hoping for someone to not click and just lose their shower. :(

Jukes

Have any major (or even minor) shows been cancelled due to an actor's death?

Only death during production I can think of was Coach on Cheers, didn't stop the show though.

edit: Also Phil Hartman, who was Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure on the Simpsons, not huge characters and they didn't stop the show.

Master Q

Quote from: Jukes on October 26, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

Only death during production I can think of was Coach on Cheers, didn't stop the show though.

edit: Also Phil Hartman, who was Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure on the Simpsons, not huge characters and they didn't stop the show.
The lady who was the voice of Edna Krabapple (spelling?) also died recently.

jobe#4

what about in the tv show where someone died in real life...and they just said he was going to get milk and got hit by a car?
cant remember its name...8 rules for dating my daughter? or something...John or Jim I think the characters name was

kilbluff1985

Mat0369

Quote from: Jukes on October 26, 2014, 09:39:32 PM

Quote from: jobe#4 on October 27, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
what about in the tv show where someone died in real life...and they just said he was going to get milk and got hit by a car?
cant remember its name...8 rules for dating my daughter? or something...John or Jim I think the characters name was

This was one that popped into my mind. John Ritter. He was pretty awesome. Kaley Cuoco was originally from 8 Simple Rules

The other that pop into my head is Andy Whitfield from Spartacus

RaisyDaisy

Currently doing my annual Scrubs bender

Each year I smash the entire series :D

I'm also 3 episodes into Banshee, and really enjoying it too

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 28, 2014, 12:40:59 AM

You just gained so much more respect from he RD, hahaha

Season 9 as well? I used to dislike it, but after re-watching it, if you focus on Cole, it's not the worst. But still nowhere near seasons 1-8

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: GoLions on October 28, 2014, 12:56:45 AM

Season 9 as well? I used to dislike it, but after re-watching it, if you focus on Cole, it's not the worst. But still nowhere near seasons 1-8

Scrubs is my number 1 sitcom ever GL :D

I watch 9, but everything after the "real finale" when JD is watching his future through the white backdrop while The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel is playing, that's when it should have ended. Still choke up watching that even though I've seen it so many times

Started the bender on the weekend. Half way through S5 now :D

I found so much good music through Scrubs. Zach selected most of the music they used.

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 28, 2014, 01:20:12 AM

I watch 9, but everything after the "real finale" when JD is watching his future through the white backdrop while The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel is playing, that's when it should have ended. Still choke up watching that even though I've seen it so many times

I found so much good music through Scrubs. Zach selected most of the music they used.
It's my favourite as well! So flowering good haha. Favourite ep is probably the rabies one, John McGinley is so good in it.
And yeah, would've been nice if the show ended at season 8. I also tear up every time I watch it, which has been at least 5 times now, probably more.

And Zach is great with music, also chose great stuff for Garden State and Wish I Was Here

Holz

Joshua radin.

My number one show too.

The book of live ending has to be one of the greatest ever.

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on October 28, 2014, 02:18:23 AM

Joshua radin.

My number one show too.

The book of live ending has to be one of the greatest ever.
Am yet to see a better ending to a tv show than that