Bombers Rule 2020

Started by crowls, December 24, 2019, 03:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

An optional version to team above - spent the money and downgraded stephen to bonar and able to bring in Laird to D1.   

thoughts on which team works better are requested?

crowls

So revised the team on the basis of strengening rookie options.
Moved Hill to Fwds, dropped
Sicily to DBJ,  this is probably the risk as I see sicily as top 10,  whereas DBJ is based on continued improvement and follow up to last year.
Brought in M Casey to Def rookies,  as I understand he looks like playing round 1.
Have brought in Xerri on  basis if goldy goes down he will play and still provides f/r ruck cover of 6k additionals.

crowls

So couple of round of Marsh and the SOO under the bridge.
Tossed around a number of scenarios and leaning to Naismith as R2,  opening up ability to strengthen FWD/DEF lines.
Rookies still up in the air.

DEF:  Laird I still expect to be top 6.  Even with change in Adel game plan,  Houston with Mids and additional year of improvement,  DOC, looked rusty last weekend, however guy knows how to play.  The issue will be how fast he gets back to standard.  May be paying overs but too good to overlook and on same page as majority of other coaches.  Dawson probably the fall back position.  I understand Roberton's health issue and will not stop him performing, if it rears up he is done as a player and trades out to a rookie.
MIDS: Going top of the range Superprems with proven consistency,  Went Bont over Danger as Danger generally drops by byes, Dunkley left out just in case Bev looks for him to play forward.   Like Treloar but hamstring tweak puts him out.  Rooks all unknown except Rowell.
RUC: Gawn out due to injury,  Naismith in as will make good money and frees up cash and options.   May need Ceglar in fwds.
FWD: Gone super deep here,  Whitfield has been silk so far, Taranto out, he will kill it.  Martin top 6 fwd without doubt, Greenwood will deliver on expectation as Mid Bull and contested and tackle beast,  Petracca is my big punt, if plays high mid time could be anything,  downside could be another Jake Stringer though if his tank doesn't hold up(may be dropped for Ceglar at F4).

SilverLion

Like it crowls. Don't mind Naismith as an R2 option, if I wasn't going Gawn he'd probably be my pick. Can't fault any of the prem choices except maybe Petracca, but not a bad idea to have one prem in your side that you've taken a punt on.

Best of luck for 2020 :)

coglan13

Quote from: SilverLion on March 04, 2020, 12:21:22 AM
Like it crowls. Don't mind Naismith as an R2 option, if I wasn't going Gawn he'd probably be my pick. Can't fault any of the prem choices except maybe Petracca, but not a bad idea to have one prem in your side that you've taken a punt on.

Port now with a round 11 bye so Houston will have to sit on the bench that week. I've had him in my team from day 1 but now he becomes an upgrade target after round 11.

crowls

Quote from: coglan13 on March 05, 2020, 11:10:55 AM
Quote from: SilverLion on March 04, 2020, 12:21:22 AM

Port now with a round 11 bye so Houston will have to sit on the bench that week. I've had him in my team from day 1 but now he becomes an upgrade target after round 11.
Round 11 is not a problem for team as structured.  Can be swapped for Dawson, Sicily or someone else if really necessary

crowls

Ok, looks like Naismith option off the table.  Max looking great.  So back to GG option

Colley Dogs

Quote from: crowls on March 06, 2020, 10:06:06 PM
Ok, looks like Naismith option off the table.  Max looking great.  So back to GG option

There's a lot to love about this.

Funny... all night I'm trying to work that Martin - Dawson - MacPherson - Ceglar set-up into my team.

Why I can't is I have Hill at F5, and Noble, Ash, & Zerk-Thatcher at D4 - D5 - D6. I too have Rowell - Green - Picket... but I also have Serong.

Wish I had the confidence in the mid and low-priced Rookies as you do.

Consequently:

I have Docherty at D2;

Martin - Dawson - Ceglar - Dev Smith on the forward line.

If your Rookies come off you're going to kill it!

Good luck for the season :)

SilverLion

Quote from: crowls on March 06, 2020, 10:06:06 PM

I'm a simple man. I see a team with MacPherson in, I approve.

Ringo

May need some tweaking when we see what rookies are available.

crowls

Quote from: Ringo on March 07, 2020, 12:57:08 PM
May need some tweaking when we see what rookies are available.
Absolutely Ringo
Doing lots of options at the moment to get a feel for what is possible.
Have versions with English at R2 and 5 deep FWDs and others,   Hanging out for the round 1 teams to be announced.

crowls

Draft - come back later to finish

Needed to screen shot my Round 1 team: 

Starting Team Rnd 1.  Scored 2169

Sicily, Docherty, Clark, Roberton, Cumming, BZT [Brander, Starcevich]
Macrea, Neale, Cripps, Mitchell, Sloane,Rowell, T Green, M Pickett [Brown,Budarick, McInerney]
Grundy, English [Xerri]
Whitfield, Martin, Brayshaw, D Smith, B Cavarra, Sturt [Rankine, Davis ]

Trades Round 2  - Scored 2139
Cripps 635>Simpkin 383
Brayshaw 382>Taylor 124
Roberton 260>Viney 439
Cavarra 124>Rivers 117
Davis 124 >Noble 215

Team:
Doc, Sicily, H Clark, Noble, Cumming, Starcevich, [BZT, Brander]
Neale, Macrea, Mitchell, Sloane, Viney, Rowell, Pickett McInerney [Rivers, T Green,
Grundy English [Xerri}
Whitfield, Martin, Simpkin, D Smith, Budarick, Taylor [

Rd3 Trades - Scored 1909
English 431>Pittonet 236
Green 167> Ridley 354

Trading English was easy given his poor start and Pittonet looking like a Witts repeat.  Ridley looks like a breakout and has SC  friendly role.  Hope he continues on with it.   Gutted ESS/MEL game postponed.

Ess/Mel debacle - 18 scorers including Whitfield 8.

Team:
Doc, Sicily, H Clark, Noble, Ridley, Cumming, Starcevich, [BZT, Rivers]
Neale, Macrea, Mitchell, Sloane, Viney, Rowell, Pickett McInerney [Rivers, T Green,
Grundy Pittonet [Xerri}
Whitfield, Martin, Simpkin, D Smith, Budarick, Taylor [Brander,

Rd4 Trades - Scored 2344  Grundy VC 135 taken  Neale C
Whitfield 537.5>Petracca 470
Cumming 250>Oliver 594

Felt like I lacked depth and trading Whitfield gave me the cash to get to Prems and get Whitfield back 100k cheaper.  Able to move on poor scorer in Cumming.

Team
Sicily,

Rd 5 Trades - Scored
Viney 523.6>Hill 190
Pickett 201.5> Bennell 124 -

considering Serong option though Bennell will be must have if he stays sound compared to  ?? over Serong JS and performance.   Viney will start going backwards in cash, time to move on him.  Do not really want to move on Pickett but see he as least bad choice.   Hill is goods points and 200K money increase if he stays on the park.   Trouble if you dont have him and he stays sound.   

Teams announced - Brander [injured] Noble Omitted -   pickett, serong, sturt, rivers on extended bench.      Got to move on Brander/Noble or BZT.  No trades tonight and see what comes when teams finalised tomorrow night.

Line-Up Changes Reversed
Trent Rivers will be moved from MID on the FIELD to DEF on the BENCH
Jack Viney will be put back ON the FIELD as MID
Marlion Pickett will be put back ON the FIELD as MID
Jarrod Brander will be moved from DEF on the BENCH to FWD on the BENCH set as one of your EMERGENCIES
Your Trades
Traded back Out

• Harley Bennell
  • Stephen Hill
Traded back In

• Jack Viney
  • Marlion Pickett

Mat0369

Noble to Hill makes sense. I'd make that trade. I'd also dump BZT if you can, maybe turn him into Serong using Rivers. It feels  like two solid moves that will generate cash.

crowls

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 02, 2020, 08:03:30 PM
Noble to Hill makes sense. I'd make that trade. I'd also dump BZT if you can, maybe turn him into Serong using Rivers. It feels  like two solid moves that will generate cash.
Thanks Mat,  went close to doing viney>williamson last night just before the game.  Need to see what turns up when teams are finalised today.   I am  hanging on these non playing rookies because I have burnt in past years trading them out too soon.    Rankine and BZT making emergencies but not cracking a game.   Hoping like hell Sturt gets a gig this week.   Noble was going to be an upgrade to Daniel/Hurn at some stage so he can still go.   

Plan is Hill/Serong this week now that Bennell not playing and hoping I have enough to get Ceglar/Hurn/Daniel next week and Whitfield the week after.   Means missing out on Bennell.   Read article last night where Goodwin says he needs to do more work on his offensive and defensive pressure.    Suppose I can defer an upgrade an grab Bennell when he gets selected.