Bombers Rule 2020

Started by crowls, December 24, 2019, 03:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

just paid up my 19.95 to get access to team picker.

Defenders - stuck with my no exp def rule.   may look at alt to blakely
James Sicily $509,500
Sam Docherty $436,100
Connor Blakely $411,500
Tom Doedee $273,700
Jez McLennan $123,900
Will Gould $117,300

Hayden Young $180,300
Trent Rivers $117,300

Midfielders - happy with midfield, gone consistency over avg.
Lachie Neale $658,500
Patrick Cripps $635,900
Josh Dunkley $632,400
Clayton Oliver $593,900
Stephen Coniglio $549,500
Matthew Rowell $207,300
Marlion Pickett $123,900
Deven Robertson $117,300

Luke Valente $123,900
Harry Schoenberg $117,300
Mitchell Hibberd $114,400

Rucks
Brodie Grundy $705,900
Max Gawn $697,100

Darcy Cameron $123,900

Forwards - like to get whitfield/greenwood into fwds somehow.  may drop martin/downgrade smith
Dustin Martin $543,000
Isaac Heeney $510,700
Devon Smith $335,800
Jack Steven $361,700
Aiden Bonar $202,800
Izak Rankine $123,900

Ned Cahill $117,300
Jack Mahony $117,300

crowls

Out
Blakely, Valente
In
Byrne-Jones, Bianco
provides d/m link and dbj strong upside potential to mid 90 avg.

Ringo

Nice to see some different teams and structures getting around initially.  Nice team and structure, No interest in Hill at 190k with DPP as well.

The Gawn/Grundy combo locks up a fair bit of the cap making it difficult for other lines.

crowls

Hi Ringo,  will have a crack at a team with only Grundy and see how it looks,  in theory we should be able to save cash on rucks and deploy it well elsewhere it just exposes your team at r3 though and uses at least one trade for the upgrade.   Did it last year with grundy and goldy, not sure it is worth the effort.

LordSneeze

Interesting setup, love the idea with Greenwood and I feel he will walk straight into the Gold Coast lineup and sit in alongside Fiorini, Swallow, Miles, Hes proven he can score 100+ and given DPP I can see a 95 average with potential for 105.

crowls

Quote from: LordSneeze on December 24, 2019, 07:28:47 PM
Interesting setup, love the idea with Greenwood and I feel he will walk straight into the Gold Coast lineup and sit in alongside Fiorini, Swallow, Miles, Hes proven he can score 100+ and given DPP I can see a 95 average with potential for 105.
Agree LS,  will be surprised if we dont see a lot of teams start Greenwood.   Will be main contested mid for them and is still improving.

crowls

options/watchlist
def:
lloyd, laird, zwilliams, stewart, ryan, blakely
mid
macrea, fyfe, mitchell, kelly, bont, danger
ruc
rob, jacobs  goldy  if a repacement is needed,  grawndy really only viable option without a lot of risk and luck
fwd
whitfield, parish, greenwood, greene, tmac, acres

enzedder

Solid thinking mate.
Had Blakely last year and he spudded. Was a calculated risk that just didn't pay off. I'm not sure about DBJ but at least he's not Blakely haha.
Dev Smith will likely be in and out of my calculations, depending on pre season and if I don't quite have enough cash for that last premo.

crowls

Latest team,   
quite like this team, have 216k cash,  link between def/fwds with dawson/hill. 
dropped dev smith due to risk over ability to maintain prev tackle and disposal counts to get to 90pt avg. 

Ringo

Nice amount of cash to fix once we know rookies that play. Just a concern with Dawson at D3 rather than d4 but easily corrected if need be.

Money Shot

Leaving Dusty and Whitfield is obviously risky but it pretty much allows you to get another premium in compared to a mid pricer. Love the Greenwood pick as he could easily be GC's number 1 mid this season and I understand the Dawson pick as well. It is also a handy link to have Being able to switch him with Hill.

Pretty good first team.

crowls

Quote from: Money Shot on January 24, 2020, 12:56:56 PM
Leaving Dusty and Whitfield is obviously risky but it pretty much allows you to get another premium in compared to a mid pricer. Love the Greenwood pick as he could easily be GC's number 1 mid this season and I understand the Dawson pick as well. It is also a handy link to have Being able to switch him with Hill.

Pretty good first team.
Thanks MS and Ringo,  lot of movement around the high price options in Fwd and Def this year.  Good year to not over commit funds up front.

crowls

latest version strengthend fwds to what I consider the best starting fwds, and brought back danger for dunkley( another. option I did and had not posted)  as i am in two minds about libba impact on dunkley.  took out doedee and added in young.   clearer picture for me as young is cashcow where doedee can easily end up generating same output and less cash.  plently of cash for options.

tommy10

Nice team Crowls. Watch closely on Heeney especially with Buddy injured...will likely play more forward than mid. Was frustrating to watch last season. Doedee an option for Young to spend the leftover cash potentially or perhaps get Bonar for Cahill/Berry..wait and see on the latter I suppose.

crowls

Quote from: tommy10 on January 28, 2020, 04:47:06 PM
Nice team Crowls. Watch closely on Heeney especially with Buddy injured...will likely play more forward than mid. Was frustrating to watch last season. Doedee an option for Young to spend the leftover cash potentially or perhaps get Bonar for Cahill/Berry..wait and see on the latter I suppose.
tks tommy,  options are upgrade heeney to whitfield.  think young less risk than doedee and do like bonar as an option as well.  wait and see who gets a game now