Ringos 2020 Team Thread

Started by Ringo, December 24, 2019, 10:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: tommy10 on January 06, 2020, 05:59:46 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 31, 2019, 11:19:38 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 31, 2019, 10:57:57 AM
I just can't see a scenario where relying on 5 fwd rookies is going to work out - moving Hill fwd and bringing in Gould is a quick fix, but even then I'd want Hill at F5 and not F4
Thank You - Not entirely happy either but awaiting to get an idea of what rookies may be available. Could be that I may have to adjust a mid to a mid pricer to accommodate or drop one of Roberton or Doedee to a rookie.
The GG combo has made things a little difficult but you can not afford to start with both.
Potentially drop Roberton to Worrell, move Hill Fwd and grab Bonar?
Gives you Whitfield, Dusty, Jack, Bonar and Hill plus rookie.
Thank You - That may happen.

Ringo

A Little more tinkering and this is now sitting team:

Comments  forward line was weak so Hill moved forward - Rankine and King I believe will play from Rd 1 but we wait on Rookies.
Can still play around a little.

Still undecided between Neale/Cripps in mids - Need to see how Ellis-Yeoman effects Neale as I suspect he may go down a little and be a nice upgrade target. 

Rucks GG Combo with Comben as R3 with DPP. North also have a great number of Sunday games so nice loophole option.

Def: Roberton and Doedee locks if they start Rd 1 but have the option of downgrading one to a rookie if required,  Starcevich is being talked up by the club so suspect he could start sooner rather than later.

So structure is sound with 13 definite keepers just need to ensure right ones picked,

GM

Nice starting squad Ringo.
Great Structure imo. Maybe another cheap fallen premo up forward if you can get there.

Peter

Only issue is the cheapest of rookies being used - likely none of the 8 will play necessitating changes

Ringo

With SC open played around with a number of variables such as not going with Gawn/Grundy combo, stromg  back, strong forward etc and came up with this sitting team. Gone light on defence because that is one area where there is no definite stand outs so keep other lines strong and upgrade in defence once I get an idea of scoring and who may be top 5. Too many variables at the moment eg will Gibbs effect Laitd, how much mid time will Williams get with a fit Giants midfield.

Possible changes Neale may become Cripps, and Whitfield could become Heeney. Think the rookies I have named will play but it is a wait and see till round 1 - Some expensive rookies in there for maneuverability when teams announced, 

Hoggyz_a_legend

Being a Lions fan, what's your opinion on Birchall? Can he play at least the first 8 games as Hodge's replacement? And potentially mentor Starcevich while playing?

Ringo

Birch has been on a modified training program for obvious reasons. Can see him being an on field leader but maybe not to the same effect as Hodgey. Will watch first few games.  Hodgey being retained as a consultant as well.
Big wraps from the club on Starcevich this year and looks to have filled out nicely.
Regarding Birchall hoping he plays a number of games early to get a nice cash rise.  He is priced at 54 so a few 70s/80s will help a nice price rise.

Money Shot

I really like your team and I too have went cheap down back as it is hard to pass up on all the value.

Birchall is interesting and someone I haven't really considered. If you had to pick 2 of Birchall, Doedee and Robertson who would you pick?

I also really like the Housten pick as a bit of a pod.

crowls

Quote from: Money Shot on January 24, 2020, 12:52:52 PM
I really like your team and I too have went cheap down back as it is hard to pass up on all the value.

Birchall is interesting and someone I haven't really considered. If you had to pick 2 of Birchall, Doedee and Robertson who would you pick?

I also really like the Housten pick as a bit of a pod.
Nice team and makes a lot of sense to limit cash investment in fwd and def to start the season. 
About Birchall will he provide good value as a stepping stone or just a tease who will break down early cost a trade and take a cash cow position?

Ringo

I am hoping Birchall will last a few rounds to make cash and provide stepping stone.  He is priced at 54 and a few games of 75/80 will see him rise nicely. Part of my reasoning in going light down back as we work out which defenders to start.

Ringo

With the Gawn injury made a team with Goldstein replacing Gawn. More than likely this will backfire on me as no luck with SC Gods but Goldy has only missed 7 games since 2013 and just 32 games (including 2 with injury) with scores less than 90.
So a viable GG alternate and minimum upgrade to Gawn if need be,

Do not mind this team at all. Have used some expensive rookies as well for flexibility and $40k left.  Birchall still in the picture should Roberton not come up. Sloane and Greenwood my PODs at the moment.  Heeney has that injury but should not effect his fitness,

Ringo

Have finally decided on this team as a sitting team till Marsh Cup and rookies.  Have 0 cash. Options to get cash if required is to downgrade Stewart to Houston or Steven/Smith to playing rookies although hoping to be able to fill the benches with playing rookies. Confident the rookies chosen should be playing Rd 1.

Like it a lot with Heeney at M5.  Stewart and Goldy this stage nice PODS with 8% and 2% ownership.

12 definite keepers and hoping 2 of Roberton, Smith or Steven can tum into reasonable keepers.  All three priced in the 70s and in my opinion all have ability to get into the 90s. So I am treating these as fallen prems rather than mid pricers,

Smith/Steven can be used to bring Heeney forward if one does not work out and should able upgrade to a prem.

Not that it matters much this early of the 15 (including Roberton, Steven and Smith) mentioned as possible keepers bye structure is for these playing:
Rd 12 10 playing
Rd 13 9 playing
Rd 14 11 playing

Now to watch Marsh cup and see what goes down with rookies.

oh_lol

Wow really like the look of your latest team Ringo. Looks 'stacked' compared to your past teams/other people's teams.

Woppa15

Really like this team Ringo! Very similar to my own actually. A few more uniques in there than what is appearing in other sides at the moment also but not unique for uniques sake, actually quality options.

Goldy @R2 and only 3 $600k + premium mids seems to have allowed you to bat a bit deeper with Rowell @M6.

I have Gawn @R2 and it’s causing me headaches trying to fit a fifth premium mid in with having to compromise elsewhere.

Well done!

Colley Dogs

I llike this latest version a lot!

I can see the merits of Heeney at M5. I'm going to consider this for my own team.

My only query (and this can be dealt with later during the Marsh Series) is Steven + Smith. I see too much risk in having both, and much prefer it as a question of Steven or Smith.

I want to suggest: downgrading Smith to premium rookie, and upgrading Steven to Heeney.

But you already have Heeney at M5!!??

M5 + R2 + F3 is clearly the conudrum that needs to be solved this pre-season.

Good luck for the season, mate.