Eaglesman first look n beyond

Started by eaglesman, December 23, 2019, 11:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

Lloyd Williams docherty Robertson young Williamson (brander Gould)

Neale Fyfe cripps bontempelli coniglio Steven Rowell Pickett (bytell Robertson sharp)

Nic nat Jacobs (Cameron)

Whitfield martin Franklin smith Flanders cockatoo (rankine king)
$48k

crowls

Quote from: eaglesman on December 23, 2019, 11:48:52 PM

Neale Fyfe cripps bontempelli coniglio Steven Rowell Pickett (bytell Robertson sharp)

Nic nat Jacobs (Cameron)

$48k
Hey eagles I read lloyd williams is moving from Mt Macedon to Ireland?  :D

Ringo

Not bad first up - Gutsy move with no Grundy or Gawn but gives you depth in the mids,

enzedder

Quote from: crowls on December 24, 2019, 09:26:14 AM
Quote from: eaglesman on December 23, 2019, 11:48:52 PM

Nic nat Jacobs (Cameron)

$48k
Hey eagles I read lloyd williams is moving from Mt Macedon to Ireland?  :D
His horses were probably bought for SC prices back in the day. 4 Melbourne Cups to his name.

Interesting ruck combo. Haven’t delved into myself yet but will do the maths eventually. I’m glad to see that there may be a vastly different set up option. Everyone having the same teams isn’t as much fun.

eaglesman

Second look.

Stewart docherty doedee Roberton hill young (brander Gould)
A few early changes. Stewart the one with consistent role so going with. Feels injury prone but no brainers if healthy.

Neale Fyfe cripps Bont Coniglio Rowell bonar Pickett (Robertson sharp bytell)
(Bont my tip for brownlow, bonar more place holder)

Grundy Jacobs (Cameron)
Hard to go by grundy given captaincy option. Heart wants Nic nat but going with head here. Jacobs no brainer imo if mummy looks minimal game time threat.

Whitfield martin Franklin Steven smith flanders (cockatoo rankine)

Pick themselves really. Didn’t realise Steven was fwd eligible the first time round.

RoughRed

Quote from: eaglesman on December 28, 2019, 01:37:33 AM

Grundy Jacobs (Cameron)
Hard to go by grundy given captaincy option. Heart wants Nic nat but going with head here. Jacobs no brainer imo if mummy looks minimal game time threat.

I like the Jacobs selection - extra $348K+ can be well used across all lines - and taking Grundy over Gawn seems a simple choice this season given the fixtures

By my count Collingwood have only 5 Sunday games and one Monday game this season  vs Demons with 10 Sunday and 1 Monday game so the advantage is definitely with a using a ruck loophole to VC Grundy rather than Gawn

Ringo

Only comment I have and have psoted in other teams - Comben at R3 opens up loophole nicely with 12 Sunday Games.  Could move Cameron as well to interchange if Grundy down.
Nice structure.

eaglesman

Third look.

Stewart Sicily docherty Roberton hill young (starcevich gould)

Macrae cripps Dangerfield Oliver Rowell Flanders Pickett Robertson (McHenry bytel sharp)

Grundy Gawn comben

Whitfield Martin heeney Steven cockatoo rankine (smith king)

$65k

Key thoughts.
At first and second look I forgot about Pattons and frost arrivals. Can’t believe I didn’t pick him. He’s safe.

Jenkins ratogolea and hawkins in the one forward line? Danger will be playing mid to make up for TK loss. They won’t mess about. He’s underpriced.

Clayton Oliver, no surgery impacting this preseason. Melb won’t be as useless. Unique pick.

Had the money so went grundy Gawn. Safe.

Hate forwards. Had the money to go dev smith to heeney so did it.

Can’t see this team changing barring injury news until we see some games. 

Samsturmfels

Sicily will still always be a risk playing in the forward line if the hawks forwards are struggling or due to injuries (patton). Surely frost will be playing in the backline and Mcevoy and im pretty sure gunston at times have spent time in the backline.

HappyDEZ

Looks much better with GG set & forget. Just reading some of this I might change my R3 from Cameron to Comben.

Colley Dogs

Eaglesman... your team's the only one I've seen with an identical structure to mine:

i.e.

Docherty D3
Rowell M5
GG
Heeney F3

It's giving up the premium at M5 for Rowell that makes this structure possible.

(I posted a lengthy response outlining my thinking on Team Sven 2020, which I won't include here).

My question to you:

Should this Gawn injury be genuine, will you invest the cash from downgrading R2 into getting a premium M5?

(I'm definitely doing this... but would be interested in your thoughts)

eaglesman

Quote from: Colley Dogs on February 01, 2020, 12:51:37 AM
Eaglesman... your team's the only one I've seen with an identical structure to mine:

i.e.

Docherty D3
Rowell M5
GG
Heeney F3

It's giving up the premium at M5 for Rowell that makes this structure possible.

(I posted a lengthy response outlining my thinking on Team Sven 2020, which I won't include here).

My question to you:

Should this Gawn injury be genuine, will you invest the cash from downgrading R2 into getting a premium M5?

(I'm definitely doing this... but would be interested in your thoughts)

I currently have sauce and Oliver at m5.

I’m leaning that way however I do have my doubts over rookie availability and thus cash generation. Reality is I have a feeling this will all change when players like starceVich in def and Robertson, bytel and sharp don’t line up round 1 for our midfields.

eaglesman

Laird Sicily docherty Roberton mcasey young (starc Gould)

Macrae cripps danger Oliver Houston Rowell Stephens Pickett (McHenry bytel bennell)

Grundy Gawn (comben)

Whitfield Martin Steven hill cockatoo rankine (king worrell)

$3900

Dont mind this one.

RaisyDaisy

That looks like a side that is probably closer to what we will actually need to field - those rookies should actually play and I don't mind the idea of starting Houston (Or any def or mid) at M5, then moving them to their line later on

Nice side

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2020, 02:32:59 PM
That looks like a side that is probably closer to what we will actually need to field - those rookies should actually play and I don't mind the idea of starting Houston (Or any def or mid) at M5, then moving them to their line later on

Nice side

Yup that’s the idea. Not sure about a few rookies on the bench but the ones on field will play for sure.

Houston helped by the wines injury and like the fact I can swap him between lines if required with starc.

Also trying to work out how to move worrell/brander(if named) to defense to have a swing opened up with hill just for added security/flexibility. Will definitely do this if another forward rookie appears. Thinking weightman.

Feel this will become the cookie cutter type side soon enough