Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 10, 2017, 09:04:01 AM
Quote from: Toga on April 09, 2017, 11:04:29 PM
Does Melbourne usually not have sponsors on the back of their guernseys? Looked weird :P

Peter Jackson just trying to get the best deal haha. I seem to be the only one that doesn't notice

It just jumped out at me watching the game the other day that there was something missing with their guernseys :P

shaker

Can't remember the last time I saw a footballer smoking he must not know they are bad for your health  :P

Big Mac

I mean yeh, would prefer that he didn't smoke, but one dart isn't gonna make a difference

roo boys!

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 23, 2016, 12:57:10 PM
Also good to see ANB come third in the time trial today. Seems very determined to secure a place in our 22, which will be hard as he is best suited as a pure inside mid, and basically all our midfielders are inside mids. Still, all the best to him.
Good early pick-up Purps! Has he been playing this inside mid role? Gotta admit I haven't seen a Melbourne game this year but he seems to be getting plenty of the pill

Purple 77

Quote from: roo boys! on April 28, 2017, 12:24:23 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 23, 2016, 12:57:10 PM
Also good to see ANB come third in the time trial today. Seems very determined to secure a place in our 22, which will be hard as he is best suited as a pure inside mid, and basically all our midfielders are inside mids. Still, all the best to him.
Good early pick-up Purps! Has he been playing this inside mid role? Gotta admit I haven't seen a Melbourne game this year but he seems to be getting plenty of the pill

Ha, I won't claim all the credit because he's been my biggest surprise player this year :P

ANB's game is still based off the half-forward role IMO, but he gets himself engaged in the contests. His disposal isn't wonderful, but it's not terrible either... it just means if he plays just OK for too long, he will find himself a candidate to be replaced by a more capable player, ala Dean Kent if he gets his arse into gear.

But, his forward pressure has been great this year, and that's how he has gotten and stayed in the team to date. But I haven't paid him too much mind in the last couple of weeks so he could be doin other things... overall, I think his pill gathering is just a credit to his willingness to get involved from a role that can be pretty limited.

Big Mac

Just a really good role player imo

Purple 77

I'm scared Big Mac, I'm starting to think about changing my profile pic to the 19 year old that's averaging 30+ possessions this year and currently equal second in the AFLCA award.

The AFL world needs to start taking notice at just how good this kid is.

elephants

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 02, 2017, 12:37:33 PM
I'm scared Big Mac, I'm starting to think about changing my profile pic to the 19 year old that's averaging 30+ possessions this year and currently equal second in the AFLCA award.

Great player but please don't make us look at him more than we have to. Not a pretty bloke :P

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on May 02, 2017, 12:44:10 PM

Great player but please don't make us look at him more than we have to. Not a pretty bloke :P

I will admit, that has been the deciding factor to date.

If he gets his guernsey ripped though, I think I'll have to embrace the would-be Brianne of Tarth as my avatar.

Nige

I straight away think of Syndrome from The Incredibles every damn time.

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 02, 2017, 12:46:35 PM

I will admit, that has been the deciding factor to date.

If he gets his guernsey ripped though, I think I'll have to embrace the would-be Brianne of Tarth as my avatar.
*Brienne

And holy shower how did I not make that connection before haha

Purple 77

So Mac and other melb supporters, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on our first third of the year?

Unsurprisingly,  I for one have felt an ever present frustration. But unlike the years gone by, its not because the team hasn't tried, its not because we have been hopeless against best teams, its not because there is a sense of direness in our situation...

... its because I've never seen a greater disparity between imminent talent and results. Its because that when we have finally been ready to charge into finals, our best two rucks in two different games go down, and Lewis gets suspended, and Hogan receives the brunt of lifes darkside.

This year has been frustrating, but I just gotta remember that it has been A LOT worse and we now get frustrated at different things outside of just being able to compete.

I'm sparked to comment because there is a letter going around the media from a melb supporter to goodwin that is pretty disappointing, and was curious to see what others are feeling.

RaisyDaisy

LOL @ this letter sent from a Melb member to Goodwin

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 10, 2017, 05:37:24 PM
LOL @ this letter sent from a Melb member to Goodwin

How can this guy criticizes Jones...

Rusty00

They obviously missed the Haw v Melb game last year ::)