Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Agree with what's said ^^

I reckon he is best 22, but no matter role Melbourne ends up playing him in (has been floated as all of a defender, forward and ruck), I really doubt he will be fantasy relevant. I'll predict a SC average of 45-60 for Frosty.

Gigantor

Thanks guys

I didn't realise he was such a swingman, I agree with Purple, unless he successfully rucks a fair bit I can't see him averaging more than 60 in SC.  I still might pick him in AF as he is only 156K!

Who else will give Gawn a break? are either of the King boys likely to play as a supporting ruck?
Is Jake Spencer capable of being a 2nd ruck/fwd he looks like the kind of player who does ok as a solo ruck but struggles in a supporting role

Barra13

The Kings probably won't see any games this year. Spencer will get the odd ones through the season depending on injuries. He can do the ruck/forward role well as evident in the game against Geelong.

Gawn is an interesting one. I see him at least keeping his 90 average I think it was and could possibly even push it further. I have been toying with him in a few sides I have made in DT. Not an SC player so not sure how he would go in SC. But he has potential to get up with the Blicavs/Jacobs/Mumford area. Wouldn't think he could get up to the Martin/Goldstein area. Although I never thought Goldstein would either and I have had Goldstein the last 3/4 seasons....

Barra13

Talking about the CHF/ruck role and looking at it overall, there is quite a few guys in the team that are utilities.
Frost
Dunn
TMac
Pedo
All of them have spent some time in the ruck, back and forward. They may not be the best when they go in to a different position but are pretty handy I reckon.

Purple 77

Gold from Demonland:

QuoteImagine there's no injuries
It isn't hard to do
No players out of form
And no suspensions too
Imagine all the midfield
In the twenty-two

Imagine no bad losses
I wonder if you can
No need for gnashing or wailing
Or meltdowns on SEN
Imagine if the Demons
Scraped into the eight

Yoo-hoo, woo-woo-woo
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And D'land will be as one

Barra13

MELBOURNE hopes to add a top-up rookie to its list following the suspension of former Bomber Jake Melksham.

AFL.com.au understands Melbourne has joined Port Adelaide, the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda as the clubs to seek clarification from the AFL about their entitlements in replacing suspended players.

However, it is understood the Demons would prefer to have access to a player based on their rookie list, rather than one on the primary list.

That way Melbourne would be able to replace its upgraded rookie for Melksham with an additional player to fill out its squad.

The AFL has already allowed the clubs to upgrade a rookie-listed player for those players who received season-long bans from the Court of Arbitration for Sport for taking the banned substance Thymosin Beta-4 during 2012.

The League is set to deliver a verdict later this week, with submissions from the affected clubs set to close at 5pm on Tuesday afternoon.

It is believed the Demons are in no rush to bring in a new player in place of Melksham, with the club under the impression the player would be inadequately prepared from a fitness point of view, as well as being behind in understanding the club's game plan.

As reported by AFL.com.au last week, Port has applied to the League for approval to recruit two top-up rookies in place of Angus Monfries and Patrick Ryder.

St Kilda (Jake Carlisle) and the Western Bulldogs (Stewart Crameri) have also requested the same allowance from the League.

Speaking in Adelaide on Tuesday at the launch of the 2016 NAB Challenge, AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said all clubs would know the outcome of their requests before the end of the week.

"Andrew Dillon (AFL general counsel) is having a look at that at the moment," McLachlan said.

"[The clubs' submissions are] due 5pm today … he'll consider those, obviously then he'll make his own decision about what's right.

"I imagine it'll be done by the end of this week."
----------

Does anyone else seem a bit suspicious about this? There is a certain someone within the club that knows the game plan, that is incredibly fit and has been training every day with the team...  ;)

Big Mac

Quote from: Barra13 on February 03, 2016, 02:17:45 PM
Does anyone else seem a bit suspicious about this? There is a certain someone within the club that knows the game plan, that is incredibly fit and has been training every day with the team...  ;)

;D

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 03, 2016, 02:37:12 PM

;D

:P

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 03, 2016, 04:15:30 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on February 03, 2016, 02:37:12 PM

;D

:P

who?

Paul Roos?

Barra13

Haha not quite. Daniel Cross is who I was talking about.

Big Mac

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-18/move-to-wing-could-revitalise-grimes

FORMER Melbourne captain Jack Grimes will get the chance to re-energise his football career as a wingman, starting in the NAB Challenge.

Grimes, who will be a free agent at the end of the season, struggled for form and confidence last year after missing out on senior selection in round one.

The 26-year-old regained his spot in defence, but played just 12 games and enters a career-defining season in 2016.

Melbourne coach Paul Roos told AFL.com.au that Grimes had embraced his new role, and the coaches were excited about what he had shown on the training track.

Roos added Grimes had the flexibility and endurance to play in the high half-forward role.

"He is a good athlete. He gets up and back the field really well, [and with] 90 interchange he is really [suited to] where the game is going," Roos said.

"He has really embraced that role and I think it is a role he can play really well."

Purple 77

elephants

I remember J.Grimes went absolutely silly with his scoring in the last month of last season. Scored well after starting in a vest then pumped three straight tons I think. I assume he got more midfield time then, so a repeat of the same could be very very interesting #PODcentral

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on February 19, 2016, 10:55:44 AM
I remember J.Grimes went absolutely silly with his scoring in the last month of last season. Scored well after starting in a vest then pumped three straight tons I think. I assume he got more midfield time then, so a repeat of the same could be very very interesting #PODcentral

Yup. His last month last year is the reason I didn't sell him off for nothing in Americas DT and SC.... So I need him to have a good year :P

Purple 77

Changes for next week is an interesting discussion.

Watching today's game there is one clear choice for me that needs to be dropped.

Despite his prolific 23 disposals, I've officially acknowledging Dom Tyson is overrated, and needs to be dropped. I believe he has skill, but his decision making can be woeful and he is also prone to laziness; both things I believe can be fixed with a wake-up call at Casey, so he can come back and start playing like he did in 2014.

But he is my first out, followed by James Harmes and Tomas Bugg (wtf is his role?).

I've giving Kent another chance, and will back in Garland, Brayshaw and Vanders to bounce back.

But for me, this week it is:

OUT: Dom Tyson, James Harmes, Tomas Bugg
IN: ... ugh. ANB had a good day at Casey? Stretch? And obviously, screamingly, LYNDEN DUNN!

Trenners apparently tore it up :D Petracca still needs time. Heck, even give Grimes another go, I dunno, but I'm firm in my belief that Tyson needs to get dropped.