I assume you're both aware that Ahern just re-did his ACL yesterday? :P

T Dog

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2016, 01:59:21 AM

Seriously mozzed the poor kid  :-\

powersuperkents

Yeah that was discussed, hence the currency drop (i.e. a pick upgrade).

He could pay off in the long-term (Daniel Menzel & Nick Malceski are examples of players that overcame the same injuries at young ages), however, with Trengove & O'Meara the mid stocks are already low for the Cockerels and we would rather start again with a late second rounder rather than wait and see if Ahern pays off in 2-4 years - hence, the relatively low price tag.

T Dog

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 09, 2016, 12:37:12 PM
Yeah that was discussed, hence the currency drop (i.e. a pick upgrade).

He could pay off in the long-term (Daniel Menzel & Nick Malceski are examples of players that overcame the same injuries at young ages), however, with Trengove & O'Meara the mid stocks are already low for the Cockerels and we would rather start again with a late second rounder rather than wait and see if Ahern pays off in 2-4 years - hence, the relatively low price tag.

yep, this one's a hold and see for Colorado.

elephants

fanTCfool

We've finally sorted the Chad Wingard trade,

Boston Trade: M. Wright + Nat Pick #6 + Nat Pick #48
Quito Trade: C. Wingard + T. Garner

Wright (only 26) averaged more than Wingard this year, but we all know what Chad can do at his best. Pick 6 is Quito's third in the top 10, and seventh in the top 30. I feel that Pick 6 and Wright will be more valuable to Quito going forward, and no doubt Wingard will be a great addition to a side much closer to a flag in Boston. Garner and Pick #48 were added just to balance things a little, Garner should get more opportunities now with the retiring Roos and therefore gives Boston that little bonus we felt they needed.

elephants

Quote from: fanTCfool on September 11, 2016, 11:04:59 PM
We've finally sorted the Chad Wingard trade,

Boston Trade: M. Wright + Nat Pick #6 + Nat Pick #48
Quito Trade: C. Wingard + T. Garner

Wright (only 26) averaged more than Wingard this year, but we all know what Chad can do at his best. Pick 6 is Quito's third in the top 10, and seventh in the top 30. I feel that Pick 6 and Wright will be more valuable to Quito going forward, and no doubt Wingard will be a great addition to a side much closer to a flag in Boston. Garner and Pick #48 were added just to balance things a little, Garner should get more opportunities now with the retiring Roos and therefore gives Boston that little bonus we felt they needed.

Yep confirmed.

I'm 100% confident in the fact I'm paying overs here. But in Supercoach Chad has all the assets to average 100 as a forward. That for me is something I deem incredibly valuable, and therefore I'm willing to pay up huuuugely.

Fingers crossed Chad bounces back to high 90s, and if not I'm more than happy to rotate him through with Christo, Lecca and Darling going forward!

fanTCfool

Houston gives: Tom Phillips, Mitch Grigg, NAT Picks 8 + 51, Rookie Pick #6
Quito gives: Michael Barlow + Kade Simpson

Sad to see a personal favourite of mine in Kade Simpson on the move, especially after a career best SC year.
Barlow is only 28, so although he may not be playing under Ross the Boss next year, both parties are certain he will pick up a contract somewhere else after his brilliant patch of tagging before injury.

Given the path I am taking with the Quito side, two young talents in Phillips and Grigg are valuable inclusions to the squad, although neither has yet cemented a spot in their respective Best 22s, I am satisfied that I have seen enough from them both to know that they will both be good players in the future. Hopefully the same can eventually be said for ND Pick #8, which I add to my collection of #2, #5, #6, #14, #26, #28 and #29 all inside the top 30. I do have a couple of names lined up for Rook Pick #6 and Nat #51 is simply a sweetener to achieve what both coaches feel is a winning deal for both sides.

Jay to confirm.

Jay

Can confirm!

Two premium players coming through the door here, but we feel like we're giving up a good amount too. Griggy is a favourite of mine and will perform well when given the opportunity, wherever that is. Phillips showed scoring potential this season, and although the Collingwood midfield is a tough one to break into, I can see him becoming a very solid player. N8 should really help Quito going through their rebuilding phase too.

Obviously there's a bit of uncertainty with Barlow given his injuries, role and where he'll be playing next season but as FTC said he's only 28 and was a late bloomer so we're hoping he can get back to that premo form. Kade might not have long left but I think as long as he plays he'll put up good scores. Giving up a fair bit of our future here which is a risk, but I think it could pay off, and also helps Quito get some quality young players in.

kilbluff1985

Colorado Avalanche trade Jobe Watson + Luke Hodge
Anaheim trade Levi Greenwood + Jarryd Blair + Bailey Williams

Jobe coming home for glory

T Dog

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 23, 2016, 08:31:22 PM
Colorado Avalanche trade Jobe Watson + Luke Hodge
Anaheim trade Levi Greenwood + Jarryd Blair + Bailey Williams

Jobe coming home for glory

Colorado confirm.
Moving on a couple of warhorses.
And anyone wearing a hat like Jobe did in a presser needs a new home  8)

elephants

Boston Give: Nat Pick 7
Brooklyn Give: Josh Shacky/Shackee + Brendan Ah Chee

So Shacks went at N12 in last seasons Nat Draft and I've seen enough to believe he will score well when Brisbane get less shower in about 25 years time. Big Ah Chee fan, so he's the difference between that N12 into the N7. As reining premier, we believe we have the time and facilities to mentor Shacky over the next 5 years and turn him into a starter. Word is he'll be working closely with Nick Riewoldt!

Pleasure doing business, PK to confirm.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: elephants on October 04, 2016, 04:02:34 PM
Boston Give: Nat Pick 7
Brooklyn Give: Josh Shacky/Shackee + Brendan Ah Chee

So Shacks went at N12 in last seasons Nat Draft and I've seen enough to believe he will score well when Brisbane get less shower in about 25 years time. Big Ah Chee fan, so he's the difference between that N12 into the N7. As reining premier, we believe we have the time and facilities to mentor Shacky over the next 5 years and turn him into a starter. Word is he'll be working closely with Nick Riewoldt!

Pleasure doing business, PK to confirm.

N7 gives me the first bloke outside the Big 6. And I know exactly who i'll be targeting with it.

Comes at a cost though, Schache will be a gun in time and Ah Chee is servicable.

Confirmed.

fanTCfool

Quito Trade: Joel Smith + RD14
Chicago Trade: RD9

Reasoning: Making the list a little smaller

Big Mac to Confirm.

fanTCfool

Quito trade: Chris Yarran + N29
Cockerels trade: N19

Reasoning: Making the list smaller

PSK to Confirm.