Bargains back from injury

Started by FloridaFootyFan, February 03, 2009, 10:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloridaFootyFan

This year there seems to be a lot of players coming back from injury in the forward line with some juicy price tags.  If fit these players should get a game every week.
Anthony Rocca - $328,400
Scott Lucas - $338,600
Des Headland - $286,200
Trent Hentschel - $214,900
Ben Mcglynn - $228,300
Shaun Higgins - $223,400
Nathan Krakour - $217,800
Sean Rusling - $231,000

Thoughts on these players or any others?

Hawks_1976

I find myself reluctant to consider "older" players returning from injury such as Rocca. They remain too much of a risk to have recurring injuries in my opinion.
Younger guys like Higgins and Alwyn Davey have more appeal but I'd still be planning on their prices peaking at around $350k then looking for an upgrade if possible.
I don't believe any of this years players returning from injury will perform solidly enough to become keepers, Stevens and Bradshaw fell into this category last year. But I don't think any of this years returnees fall into the same catergory.
I'll be taking the risk on a couple of them, looking to upgrade them by R8 or so and hoping to refresh my bench with some new blood.

Heater

I have Higgins & Lucas in my side but I'm with Hawks_1976.  Higgins will peak and then plateu and Lucas will most likely do the same but at a higher price.  The others don't appeal to me except Rusling and his NAB Cup will decide his fate I reckon.

jazz

chris

I got Hentschel, Higgins and Haselby at the moment. All a risk but hoping to unload one or two of them around week 5 for a profit before they potentially break down again