Main Menu

Daniel Cross Retires

Started by Big Mac, September 02, 2015, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-02/cross-career-comes-to-an-end

I know there's already a post on this but I think Crossy deserves his own thread

I know he's only been at the club for 2 years, but it feels like so much longer. He is the ultimate professional and he came to the club at the perfect time. I have great respect for Crossy and his absolute commitment to the game, and I hope even just a little a bit of that has rubbed off on the younger players at the MFC. Thanks a lot Crossy, and I hope you still have a role at the club even if it's not in a playing capacity

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 02, 2015, 01:28:15 PM
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-09-02/cross-career-comes-to-an-end

I know there's already a post on this but I think Crossy deserves his own thread

I know he's only been at the club for 2 years, but it feels like so much longer. He is the ultimate professional and he came to the club at the perfect time. I have great respect for Crossy and his absolute commitment to the game, and I hope even just a little a bit of that has rubbed off on the younger players at the MFC. Thanks a lot Crossy, and I hope you still have a role at the club even if it's not in a playing capacity

Well said!

Cross did his job marvelously for the Demons; the ultimate professional. The guidance he has provided to our younger plays (which hopefully has stuck with them) is invaluable.

Well done mate. A fine career.

Barra13

On the way up to the game on the weekend I was talking to my mate that I thought it was time for Crossy to end it. It was becoming obvious that he was getting a lot slower in the last half of the season. He sure proved me wrong when he followed up with 39 disposals. A great career though.

It makes me wonder though. Why not offer Cross another contract? Is there someone else that is planned to be coming in for him? I'm starting to get a little excited.

Holz

Quote from: Barra13 on September 02, 2015, 02:36:26 PM
On the way up to the game on the weekend I was talking to my mate that I thought it was time for Crossy to end it. It was becoming obvious that he was getting a lot slower in the last half of the season. He sure proved me wrong when he followed up with 39 disposals. A great career though.

It makes me wonder though. Why not offer Cross another contract? Is there someone else that is planned to be coming in for him? I'm starting to get a little excited.

maybe its more just developing who you already have. I know Oscar Mcdonald had terrible disposal in his first game but the guy is a great kick and i hope it was just game 1 jitters.

meow meow

Was an absolute beast in the prelim years. So underrated back then.