Main Menu

St Kilda vs Melbourne Round 11

Started by Barra13, June 11, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Barra13 on June 15, 2015, 10:06:12 AM
In all seriousness we shouldn't have lost that game. But, to be fair I thought St Kilda were on top of us for most of the game. The Dees backline held up really well and stopped a big score from St Kilda but just couldn't get it going the other way.

Side note: Even though it was Toumpas best game for the Dees, he still flowering frustrates me at times.

The Demon-Toumpas relationship always gives me a chuckle.

Can just imagine if he wins a Brownlow the Dees would say 'yeah, but he isn't really that good of a Brownlow medallist'....

Barra13

I'm not one of those "should've picked Wines" supporters. I did acknowledge it was his best game. But for gods sake kid, stop panicking and handpassing the ball as soon as you get it. You have speed and footy smarts, use them! I feel that if he took the game on more and backed himself in it would be better.

Barra13

I gotta say though, I'm enjoying Gawn in the ruck down to Jones/Vince. We are starting to win a lot of clearances with this combo.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on June 15, 2015, 11:26:39 AM
But for gods sake kid, stop panicking and handpassing the ball as soon as you get it. You have speed and footy smarts, use them! I feel that if he took the game on more and backed himself in it would be better.

Exactly my thoughts.

Big Mac

Quote from: Barra13 on June 15, 2015, 11:29:27 AM
I gotta say though, I'm enjoying Gawn in the ruck down to Jones/Vince. We are starting to win a lot of clearances with this combo.

Yep Gawn was great on the weekend

Wish he'd clunk some of those marks though and back himself to kick it a bit more

Barra13

He will be good once he builds that tank up. I reckon we persist with Gawn, he looks to be our future.

Purple 77

What's this thing about him with smoking? Was total news to me.

tbagrocks

Wowee boy oh boy, pity they lost!

How good was big Maxi Gawn though! Good Llama boy! If only he could tackle like Spenser they'd have a ripper!

Barra13

That was 2 years or so ago I believe Purple.

tbag, I actually said last week it was too bad they weren't merged as one player. Their skills would complement each other perfectly.