LaHug's 2018 Team

Started by LaHug, March 04, 2018, 05:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

After riding the high of the Tigers premiership all summer, I've finally had a first crack at a team.

153,000 remaining so help me use it!

LaHug

Or Option B which I like a bit more... Only $2k remaining but feels stronger.

Money

Yeah I like option 2 with the stronger mid.

Mr.Craig

Option 2 but I think Brayshaw/Barry is a better option at this point compared to Worpel and LDU.

Premos look solid but I'd have some concern about F1-F3. All have had varying degrees of injury over the off season, Heeney apparently was icing his knee yesterday and we haven't seen the other two yet. They've all been in my team at some point but I am concerned about a slow start to the season.

LaHug

With Dangerfield dead, Barlow too risky, Christensen sucking, and Heeney looking poor, I've gone for a super value team. Gives me 15 "premos" vs. the 13 I had in my last team, although I only have $4k left in the bank. Any obvious holes?

Money

Nice well balanced side, I think Lobb back to Christiesen and Robinson up is the best option however. One pick I do like is Savage, had him to finish last year but don’t think I have it in me to start him myself.

Jukes

Calling five sub-83 (2017) averages premos is lenient but I'll pay it aha

I agree with Money and would want to upgrade Robbo (or maybe down to Petracca or Sicily who I see as higher-upside options), but wouldn't go about offloading Lobb for him as he's primed for a good year. I'm sure you'll just pick your last three forwards based on round one availability but I know for sure I wouldn't be trusting any of Venables, Ryan, and Ahern to play or average 50+ aha.

Ringo

Biased but I do not mind the Robbo pick. The concern for most being his former tagging role but with his name sake Nick Robertson in best 22 and proven he can tag as he did in Robbos absence he may be given the job if the need arises.

Like the side overall and one to sit pending team announcements.

LaHug

Moved things around to help with byes and here is where I settled.

$32,000

Notes:
Down from 15 to 14 premiums but I prefer Heeney and Petracca to the combination of Shaw, Lobb, and Robbo. It also means I can afford better rookies in Coffield and Christensen.
Traded Laird to Hibberd and Dusty to Merrett for byes. Feel like it's close to even (100+110 to 92 + 115) but stops me being super heavy in the last bye.
Bye structure for premiums is now 0, 1, 6, 7.
Only question for me is Fyfe or Neale??

Mr.Craig

Quote from: LaHug on March 16, 2018, 08:10:58 PM

Ceiling? Neale.

Capable of playing a full season? Neale.

Used to play for the (Glenelg) Tigers? Neale.

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on March 17, 2018, 01:28:52 AM
Quote from: LaHug on March 16, 2018, 08:10:58 PM

Ceiling? Neale.

Capable of playing a full season? Neale.

Used to play for the (Glenelg) Tigers? Neale.

Well I'm sold