Main Menu

The Big One

Started by bunyip, May 22, 2010, 12:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

Good luck cats tonight. The last 3 years have been unbelievable, and tonight you will show everyone that it's not over yet.
This is the game where Blakey will answer all his knockers. I truly believe that if he wins in the center we are on our way. :)

Cruiseon

It seems like this is the first post down Geelong way for weeks.

Blakey?? Blake? Are we talking about the same player? There are plenty of things to fear in the Geelong side, Gary, Selwood, Bartel, Chapman, Stevie J etc etc but the biggest weakness in the entire side is Blakey.

I still think you'll squeeze home but it will only strengthen the discussion around the need to get Ottens back and curse the decision to trade Mumford as there do not appear any long term options.

Jimbob

I think Simpson will develop quite nicely. Blake is serving his purpose now and providing a contest in the ruck and the occasional kick! I like seeing Hawkins in the ruck, he is great around the ground with good run and lets face it he is sucking up forward atm..... Pods is showing him up.

Alex7089

Blake is a horrible player, but he does the job, the Geelong midfield makes him look better than he is.

bunyip

What a shocker. I so hoped that this game would live up to the hype.  Geelong were terrible, how did they win by 6 goals? I honestly don't know what to make of this game. Thank God for our back line!
Perhaps if a team plays that badly and STILL beats a good side ?????

bunyip

A few truths have come out of this game though. Collingwood are still vulnerable to a tight defensive team ( Geelong, St.Kilda )
Anyone who didn't give Geelong a chance this year may have to re-assess.
Geelongs most vulnerable period is in the first half of the season, if we don't get too many more injuries we are as good as last year.
We saw glimpses of Geelongs style appear last night. Hopefully the unforced errors and turnovers will disappear.
I had a look at the ladders from 2000 to 2009 and compared the teams at round 11 to round 22 and only found 1 absolute, and that is if you are on top of the ladder at the half way mark you WILL finish in the top 4.
Last nights game has put a few more teams in the mix. At this stage no-one has a break.

Alex7089

QuoteStokes Lifts The Big One
That's what she did (quote from Heraldsun)