Thinking about 2018

Started by enzedder, August 20, 2017, 11:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Quote from: SilverLion on December 17, 2017, 12:14:50 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 17, 2017, 12:46:19 AM
thoughts on Daniher ? tempting for that price range

not missed a game in 3 years

Wish I could say there are better options available, unfortunately the FWD line is a bit of a shot in the dark this year.

I'd say he is as good an option as any really.
like all key fwds inconsistent scoring.  may improve again and reduce his variability.  valid option.

shaker

Quote from: crowls on December 17, 2017, 03:35:39 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on December 17, 2017, 12:14:50 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 17, 2017, 12:46:19 AM
thoughts on Daniher ? tempting for that price range

not missed a game in 3 years

Wish I could say there are better options available, unfortunately the FWD line is a bit of a shot in the dark this year.

I'd say he is as good an option as any really.
like all key fwds inconsistent scoring.  may improve again and reduce his variability.  valid option.
He is becoming more relevant as the years go by he has all the skills to become the best forward in the comp , could be a sneaky pick this year

_wato

Connor Blakely even as a mid only?

Averaged 110 in his last 11 H&A games taking out his last game due to injury. Absolute tackle machine

SilverLion

Quote from: _wato on December 17, 2017, 04:53:44 PM
Connor Blakely even as a mid only?

Averaged 110 in his last 11 H&A games taking out his last game due to injury. Absolute tackle machine

Certainly considering him, just think that theres probably better options available in the mids. We'll be monitoring him closely.

Gigantor

Not bad, needs more GOAT  :P

GoLions

Quote from: Gigantor on December 21, 2017, 06:34:02 PM
Not bad, needs more GOAT  :P
Needs more ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZORKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Peter

Can Lyon fit anymore into the midfield?

SilverLion

Quote from: Peter on January 01, 2018, 04:03:32 PM
Can Lyon fit anymore into the midfield?

Fyfe, Neale
Blakely (More of a HBF imo though), Walters
Grey, S. Hill, B. Hill, Mundy (?)
Cerra, Brayshaw

How many more we talking? There mids don't seem too deep to me at least. Mundy and Walters rotating forward, Cerra/Brayshaw could come in which allows Blakely to roam at HB.

Peter

Well that’s 10, with rotations through HB and HF. Surely Freo should go ok with those guys

SilverLion

Quote from: Peter on January 01, 2018, 10:28:26 PM
Well that’s 10, with rotations through HB and HF. Surely Freo should go ok with those guys

Yup, I'm predicting they'll be pushing for the 8 along with the Saints and Dees.

Peter

Footy scribes have them bottom 6. I agree with you, 9-12, depending on development of forwards (never been Lyon’s strength, even at St Kilda). Watched 2010 GF replay over holidays - he had to swing Goddard and Gilbert forward to get some goals)

enzedder

Quote from: Peter on January 02, 2018, 04:04:01 PM
Footy scribes have them bottom 6. I agree with you, 9-12, depending on development of forwards (never been Lyon’s strength, even at St Kilda). Watched 2010 GF replay over holidays - he had to swing Goddard and Gilbert forward to get some goals)
:'(

shaker

What the F... either on some serious drugs or totally lost on the net  :P

SilverLion

Quote from: shaker on January 26, 2018, 10:39:48 AM
What the F... either on some serious drugs or totally lost on the net  :P
Yeah ikr, saw a post similar to that yesterday as well. We're under attack :o