Main Menu

Hawthorns Top 5 MVP Post Franklin

Started by bowyanger, December 06, 2013, 07:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 07, 2013, 05:38:34 PM
Quote from: bowyanger on December 07, 2013, 05:20:18 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 07, 2013, 12:02:12 AM
1. roughy, can play any position at a high level, will be the main go to man inside 50 for the nex 5 years.
2. Mitchell, still hawthorns best mid and now a great creator off half back to
3. Gibson, chops the other defenders out so much, a lot of hawthorns defense would get ministered if not for him coming 3rd man up.
4. Hodge, leads the way. Heart and soul of the club and can play any role.
5. Sewell, so under rated. Does all of the dirty work and is at the bottom of every pack feeding it out to everyone else

Yeah agree with Sewell, very underated and often unfairly maligned

No love for Hale? When the game is in the balance he often pops up with a goal or 2. A very consistant team member

Top 10 this year but not with recruitment of big boy

This ^
I have never really known what to make of hale though. He's one of those guys that's never really been a Ruckman but never really been a forward either. Plays both well but I don't think the team would struggle without him.

tor01doc

1: Roughead
2: Mitchell
3: Hodge
4: Lake - desperately needed to quell the gorillas that have haunted us with Schoenmakers in that role
5: McEvoy

henry

1. Roughead
2. Gibson
3. Hodge
4. Mitchell
5. One of the left footed architects from defence, suckling/birch

Really struggle after that. I am a huge fan of the likes of Stratton and Bruest who do all the one percenters that aren't fully appreciated by most. A think a significant contributing factor to our success has been the even efforts from the whole team, with few standouts but everyone doing their job well.

GoLions

I would've thought something like;

1 - Roughy
2 - Gibson
3 - Hodgey
4 - Mitchell
5 - Lake

Rusty00

1 - Roughy
2 - Gibson
3 - Hodgey
4 - Mitchell

Hard to argue with these guys as the Top 4. McEvoy probably moves into that Top 5 now as our structure would change significantly without him playing.

One player who I think was massively underrated for his importance to the team this year was Guerra. Had very few goals kicked on him by small forwards and his precise skills from defence enabled us to play the game plan that we do. Suckling coming back this year will offset his retirement although Suckling is more prone to bloopers than Guerra was.

JBs-Hawks

Suckling is shower one on one so he would play a bit higher up the ground and Duryea to take Guerras spot hopefully

Hawka

No order cause this is hard

Roughy
Hodge
Gibbo
Lake
Hale (with mcevoy prob not so instead il say, Mitchell

m0nty

I'm more in favour of non-midfielders in this sort of list. Structurally they are more easily replaceable.

In order:

Roughead - Coleman, focus of the best attack in the country, sets up Gunston/Hale/McEvoy in their roles
Lake - underrated even after winning Norm, he is why we won in 2013, lack of a bloke like him is why we lost in 2012
Hodge - more for onfield leadership than individual efforts these days
Rioli - everything he does is quality, watched the North R5 game again today, he was electric
Smith - without him we look slow

henry

Quote from: m0nty on January 10, 2014, 07:40:41 PM
I'm more in favour of non-midfielders in this sort of list. Structurally they are more easily replaceable.

In order:

Roughead - Coleman, focus of the best attack in the country, sets up Gunston/Hale/McEvoy in their roles
Lake - underrated even after winning Norm, he is why we won in 2013, lack of a bloke like him is why we lost in 2012
Rioli - everything he does is quality, watched the North R5 game again today, he was electric

Yeah good call about smith mont, he and hill have the vital foot speed that gives another dimension to our otherwise largely one paced midfield. I thought smith had a great year and I reckon he will go up another notch this year once he has more practice dealing with taggers.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: henry on January 12, 2014, 06:30:56 PM

In order:

Yeah good call about smith mont, he and hill have the vital foot speed that gives another dimension to our otherwise largely one paced midfield. I thought smith had a great year and I reckon he will go up another notch this year once he has more practice dealing with taggers.

Been lots of emphasis on pace the last few drafts, Smith, Hill, Anderson, Hartung and Garlett. Soon we will be the quickest in the afl :P

Mr.Craig

Sicily isn't a slow coach either, came fourth in the 20m sprint at the Combine. :)

henry

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 12, 2014, 06:51:27 PM
Quote from: henry on January 12, 2014, 06:30:56 PM

In order:

Been lots of emphasis on pace the last few drafts, Smith, Hill, Anderson, Hartung and Garlett. Soon we will be the quickest in the afl :P
Yep, but smith an hill were the only 2 regulars of that bunch last year, the rest of our starting midfield is pretty slow. And one paced. Hopefully well get a look at one or two of these kids this year, especially garlett

bowyanger

Smithy is a gun

Wish I could kick the pig skin that good