Main Menu

Congrats, but...

Started by Ziplock, September 22, 2012, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

There were some pathetic moments in that game- you deadset could have put that game away by 40-50 points, adelaide were being dominated for most of it.

Need to get your accuracy up to take the swannies.

AFEV

If they play like this again next week they will be exposed by Sydney.

Well done to the Hawks. This should be the most interesting Grand Final in a long time.

ossie85

It was so much like the 07 Cats v Pies Prelim

And I think next week will be similar to 2007, Hawks to smash the Swans.

Well done, but if Danger had gotten around.... wow.

McRooster

You sir, are a dick.

This is the most pathetically titled thread ever and is a blatant representation of the poor taste you consistently display.

MajorLazer

Honestly don't think we deserve to be in the grand final after that performance. Adelaide choked us very well and we pretty much shower ourselves under the pressure.

If we don't improve our kicking to the standard that we have played at all season, Sydney will wipe us off the park.

Hagebear

Quote from: McRooster on September 22, 2012, 08:56:27 PM
You sir, are a dick.

This is the most pathetically titled thread ever and is a blatant representation of the poor taste you consistently display.

+1

tbagrocks

Lucky Demetriou paid off the umpires! Hawks played as well as Adelaide let them, still to good so :-\

Torpedo10

Sydney will beat Hawthorn in the GF. And Zip your comments are really unnecessary, Adelaide weren't being dominated.  ::)

Ziplock

all I know is that whenever the time spent in forward half popped up, it was like 70% for hawthorn and 30 for adelaide. Crows only really stayed in the game because of hawks failures, not really because of massive successes...

that being said, it was good to see both walker and tippett stand up on the same night.

bomberboy0618

That was a game that was worthy of being a grand final.
I underrated Adelaide greatly. I regret this.
In saying that, Adelaide played such good football. Stop saying the Hawks this and that. The Hawks got shown up and Adelaide honestly played better. Swans and Hawks is not going to be a walkover at all. Gonna be like 05/06.

Capper

hopefully it will be more like 05 than 06 for the Swannies.

HAwks kicking almost cost them but they knew how to win when it got tough. Hold your heads up high Crows you played well and almost got there. Will be a force next year as well

My Chumps

A game worthy of being a grand final?

Their was barley any tackling intensity for the first half, completely unlike a Grand Final.

The way Adelaide were able to open Hawthorn up was pretty pathetic in all honesty on the Hawks behalf.
That goal that Johncock kicked to put the Crows up in the last; where were all of Hawthorns players? Two Adelaide blokes wide open in the middle, 60 out from goal.
Another example late in the last was Slone all by himself at 45 out, straight infront... Unfortunatley was a poor kick/mark, but he was there for a good 20 seconds with no coverage from Hawthorn.

Hopefully this will shut the damn media up about the Hawks being a team hand-picked by jesus; they're not THAT good. 
They are a team of champions, not a champion team. 
#endrant

Got to say, I fancy our (Sydney's) chances a lot more after this weekend.

*didn't mean to offend any Hawthorn supporters  ;)

MajorLazer

Quote from: My Chumps on September 23, 2012, 12:47:28 AM
A game worthy of being a grand final?

Their was barley any tackling intensity for the first half, completely unlike a Grand Final.

The way Adelaide were able to open Hawthorn up was pretty pathetic in all honesty on the Hawks behalf.
That goal that Johncock kicked to put the Crows up in the last; where were all of Hawthorns players? Two Adelaide blokes wide open in the middle, 60 out from goal.
Another example late in the last was Slone all by himself at 45 out, straight infront... Unfortunatley was a poor kick/mark, but he was there for a good 20 seconds with no coverage from Hawthorn.

Hopefully this will shut the damn media up about the Hawks being a team hand-picked by jesus; they're not THAT good. 
They are a team of champions, not a champion team. 
#endrant

Got to say, I fancy our (Sydney's) chances a lot more after this weekend.

*didn't mean to offend any Hawthorn supporters  ;)
I am a Hawks supporter and all game I was yelling the same thing. WHERE THE flower ARE OUR PLAYERS???

It seemed like half the time our guys were all on the bench at the same time and we just couldn't defend at all. Adelaide did rip us apart though, straight down the middle and we were just caught standing there doing shower all. We were bloody lucky to win that game and just hope we can play better next week.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 22, 2012, 09:13:47 PM
Lucky Demetriou paid off the umpires! Hawks played as well as Adelaide let them, still to good so :-\

Seen Demetriou at the cas after the game was gonna thank home for his umpires.

But all I could.manage was 'carn hawks!!!!!!'

fidou

Personally I think the late out of Luke Hodge had a bigger bearing on Hawthorn. As the Hawthorn Captain he shows incredible leadership on the park and I think that is what they missed. However that 4 goal burst after half time was the winning phase for the Hawks although they nearly blew it. Dangerfield is an incredible player right now and if he had got round late in the game who knows. If he wins the Brownlow it will cap off an incredible season for him.

Having said that I personally think the Swans have got the goodes to beat the Hawks next week, although you never know on the day. I nearly forgot the Hawks will be favourites if Mumford is out through the MRP.