Main Menu

Hawks put cue in the rack for 09?

Started by bradway, August 19, 2009, 01:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradway

hawthornfc. com has just announced that Ellis (ankle) and Guerra (shoulder) are done for the year.
Surely that means the cue is in the rack for the Hawks now?

It will be interesting to see if fantasy favorites such as Sewell, Hodge and Franklin are taken out of cirulation early to prepare for 2010.

Cruiseon

Danger, danger Hodge in particular is a worry.

I think Franklin needs to harden up, playing a few games which don't count might be good for him. Then again I am a bootstudder, what would I know.

Hawks_1976

There is a sad reality that the Hawks will still make the 8!!

This is how:

* Port drop one of their last two games to either the Lions at the Gabba or North at AAMI. The former is highly likely.

* Sydney drop one of their last two games to either Collingwood at the G or the Lions at the SCG. Again, the former is highly likely.

* Freo beat Essendon at Subi this weekend. Freo are better at home and Essendon's track record on the road is not flash.

* Hawks beat Richmond this weekend.

The R22 game between Essendon and Hawthorn then effectively becomes an elimination final.

I would be pretty confident that Brisbane, Collingwood and Hawthorn will hold up their end of the bargain.

Then I'll be watching the Essendon v Freo game on Sunday afternoon!

When I plugged my predictions into the ladder predictor on the AFL website, we drew either Carlton or Brisbane in the first week of the finals if we made it.

ossie85

Put the cue in the rack? Hell, I don't think they took the cue out in the first place.

AND DAMN YOU ELLIS

djtranny

hawthorn will be lucky to even beat richmond the way they are going... They should adopt some Demons strategy and swap all their forwards with the defenders or perhaps just get everyone to sit down and see what buddy can do all by himself.

bradway

I think a lazy $100.00 on Richmond to beat Hawthorn into Essendon to beat Hawthorn the following week will give you a tidy return.

CFC 1979

Hawks has i think.

Hope they smash each other in the last round

bradway

All of a sudden Roughead has gone from "season" to "test" on the Hawks injury list.
Maybe, jusy maybe they are putting a little blue chalk on that cue!