Cameron Bruce Trains with Hawthorn

Started by 8-6 Suited, November 23, 2010, 04:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Looks like it's almost official. Cameron Bruce has been given permission to train with Hawthorn as a prelude to their selecting him in the Preseason draft.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-bruce-to-train-with-hawks/story-e6frf9jf-1225959437444

While he could work with Hawthorn, I don't honestly know myself if he will be in the best 22 for long. However, I would like to know your opinions.

ossie85

Cameron Bruce would be in the best 22 of any team. I'd love for Collingwood to pick him up. I've had a man-crush on Bruce for years. Can play in the midfield, play the run-with roll, can play tall and small in defense and can kick a few goals.

Master Q

It's funny how I once made a thread like this confirming someone is defiantly moving and got slammed  :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Master Q on November 23, 2010, 05:29:43 PM
It's funny how I once made a thread like this confirming someone is defiantly moving and got slammed  :P
who was it on?
and did u have evidence?

Master Q

Forgot but it was a while ago, when something is Official you need evidence  ;)

hawk_88

He is officially training with Hawthorn, has said he wants to play at Hawthorn and went into the Pre-season draft and skipped the national draft to ensure he wasn't touched by St Kilda so he could go to Hawthorn. It is almost a certainty.

I can't imagine any clubs who have a pick below Hawthorn would pick a 31 year old (not because he isn't good but because they aren't a realistic premiership chance) and even if they wanted him, I can't imagine they would want to take someone who has so strongly demonstrated that he wants to go to a particular club.

BoredSaint

Quote from: hawk_88 on November 23, 2010, 06:37:46 PM
skipped the national draft to ensure he wasn't touched by St Kilda so he could go to Hawthorn. It is almost a certainty.
interesting quote there..
pretty much 100% hawks will take him unless he does his knee in training or something

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on November 23, 2010, 05:23:50 PM

Cameron Bruce would be in the best 22 of any team. I'd love for Collingwood to pick him up. I've had a man-crush on Bruce for years. Can play in the midfield, play the run-with roll, can play tall and small in defense and can kick a few goals.
I also like him :-*.

Is very versatile so could fill in Brown's old spot down back or up forward.

hawk_88

Will most likely play down back but he does have the versatility to go anywhere.

After I have seen some pre-season form after Christmas I will sit down and work out our 22 and those who are just outside. Will be an interesting one this year with 11 players gone, 7 (assuming Bruce is in) new ones and the sub rule. Our ruck and forward line will be very interesting to work out.

MajorLazer

We need someone to create run from our backline and start our attacks. We were lacking that this year. Bruce could do it, but don't think so.

hawk_88

You don't think we will take him or you don't think we will play him there?

Hawka

yep same il do that aswell hawk il prefer him up back or wen we have a injury or 2 and he can move into the midfield

MajorLazer

Don't think he could play there. I definitely think we should get him.

bunyip

if he is 31 I think he's to old to recruit. But, if they have room on their list, why not I suppose. Pity he's not 2 or 3 years younger though.

Cicjose

very young squad taking a punt on an oldie doesn't seem to be a bad idea pulling it off tho for the whole season will be the issue