Shuey getting back in the team anytime soon?

Started by Andrew, April 21, 2010, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

What do people think of this guys' chances of getting back in the team in the next month? He's out for 2 weeks as listed on the afl.com.au site, and you've still got Nicoski, Swift, and the big one Hurn to come into the side. Competition for spots is also there with Lynch, and both McKinely and Braddley Sheppherd (highest draft pick from 2010 draft) are untried this season.

Ashton Hams and Hansen likely to get dropped at some stage... who else? Scott Selwood? Or are people expecting a revolving door at West Coast so may as well hang onto Shuey on your bench with the other bench-sitter playing this week and regularly?

Justin Bieber

He plays midfield so won't have to compete with lynch, nicoski or hurn. Only swift since they play midfield.

Schuey was firing first couple of weeks, so i can't see why he can't slide back in. If Hams ain't performing, might be a straight replacement.

TitanicHornet

Kerr being injured can only help his cause.

Bluke

I think he will be back sooner rather than later =)

ELLsendon

Justin Bieber

A return against the Demons or Saints look a realistic chance if the eagles are playing it safe with SChuey. Hope he can get back soon to help out my team :D

Andrew

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 30, 2010, 09:06:57 AM
A return against the Demons or Saints look a realistic chance if the eagles are playing it safe with SChuey. Hope he can get back soon to help out my team :D

If he doesn't get picked for the Melbourne game I don't think he'll come back until after the Saints. Tough ask to bring him back for a game against them. I think the Eagles will try out a host of other rookies before going back to Shuey too (plus Lynch who got selected today), so I'm backing the Richmond game in Round 12 for his recall.

elxam

rd12 is way too long to keep for a cash cow

the mids need cover so he will have to go soon

Andrew

Yes, that's why I sold him last week for Swan. Saved me a doughnut this week :) But if he comes back next week I'll feel like I've missed out. We'll see what happens.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: elxam on April 30, 2010, 09:13:57 AM
rd12 is way too long to keep for a cash cow

the mids need cover so he will have to go soon
Well i did hold onto Hurley the entire year last year...... ;D

Andrew

LOL what'd you finish overall doing that? Or were you focussed on winning a private league? If it saves you a transfer and doesn't cost you a doughnut... mmm.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Andrew on April 30, 2010, 09:30:28 AM
LOL what'd you finish overall doing that? Or were you focussed on winning a private league? If it saves you a transfer and doesn't cost you a doughnut... mmm.
Finished about 7k-8k. Didn't take my team seriously first half of the year and was as low as 81k. Stormed home when Stars were rested 8)

Finished top in both my leagues and finished runner up in the GF in both leagues by 1 point to Sheeds :'(.

Andrew

Round 11-12 return for Shuey looking very likely now... happy I sold him after 1 week injured.

chrisuzz

will Shuey have to fight for a spot with Stevenson aswell?