Main Menu

EXV: Grand Final

Started by nas, August 22, 2017, 08:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

EXV Grand Final

Russian Roulettes v  English Lions

It's finally here the big one. Both teams are 2-0 in the finals this year and are primed for this game.

For Russia this is their second straight grand final so it would be devastating if they dont walk away with the flag after being runner ups last year. lead by Zorko, Russia still has a powerhouse midfield and they will be bolstered if Gary Ablett can get up to play this week. The Bont was shocking last week but that just shows how much power the Russian midfield can have if its healthy and firing. The backline is solid and the forward line lead by greene can score big if on with guys like Hogan in the squad. Kreuz is arguably the best ruck in the comp so this team is just fire power, no wonder their logo is a gun.

England posted a monster 165 and would be the inform team of the comp. The Mitchell Beams combo looks very formidable as does their 2 ruck set up. Last week 5/6 mids put up a really good score. The wild card is the forward line with Dixon Daniher Walker capable of 50-150 each. You kinda feel that England over-performed last week, despite a few guys playing below their average. The big question is can guys like Zahar Steven back up last weeks scores. I think they will need to post another really big score to win this game.

My Prediction is a very high scoring game, even without HGA a 300+ score is certainly possible. I think Ablett is the wild card in this match if he plays I would probably pick Russia with a little more confidence. Im still going to pick Russia with all that firepower and the fact this is their second shot in 2 years. I make this pick with no level of confidence as both teams can easily go 150+

Hellopplz

Russia make the GF again while England looking quite dangerous after taking out the Premier favourites.

I think England might get up here but good luck both teams, I expect nothing less than a cracker GF!

Holz

Key Battle 1:

The likely Captains: Tom Mitchell (England) v Dayne Zorko (Russia)

Holz

Key Battle 2:

The 2 inform rucks of the comp: Patrick Ryder (England) v Matthew Kreuzer (Russia)

Holz

Key Battle 3:

My Wildcards: Jack Steven (England) 90 60 117 in last 3 v Jesse Hogan (Russia) 96 43 108 in last 3

Holz

Calvinator's from DT Talk's Opinions on some of the players in the game:

Travis Boak (Russia): he’s at home against the Suns again and after his 133 last week, you’d think he should be right for another big score. This will be a high scoring game with both the Suns and Port both ranking as the easiest teams out of all the competition who are giving up the most 120+ scores in the last 3 weeks.

David Zaharakis (England) could be the guy who explodes here after he’s had 130 and 106 in his last two games but the problem here is… he hasn’t scored over 100 in his last seven against Fremantle.

Dayne Zorko (Russia) Scrapes into my top 5 players this week based on the fact he might give these guys a thumping as well. If they are giving up 6×100+ scores a game… try to tell me that Zorko won’t be getting a piece of that. He had 125 last week, which happened to be his 2×100+ score in his last 5 games. Up until last year, the Roos had his measure and his score of 110 in 2016, broke a run of 7 ton-less games against them.

Tom Mitchell (England) is now just 31 points shy of the All-Time Fantasy record and surely he clocks that up in the first term this week against the Bulldogs. Tom has visited Etihad Stadium just once this year. That was last week when he had his 143 (44 touches) so for the second time this year, in the last two weeks, he’s back there again. Over his last 5 games there now, he carries an average of 124. Last week against the Bulldogs, Port Adelaide scored 5×100+ with Travis Boak being the best with 133. Last year, Titch met the Dogs twice for 141 and 62, but of course they have been horse-effected. He’s as safe as a house at the moment and even if he has a poor score, it’ll still be in the low 100’s. Calvin predicts he will be top scorer in DT this week.

Luke Hodge (Russia)â€" The champ only managed 46 last weekend, but expect him to go bang here in his final game. He scored 114 on the Dogs last year and 159 before that. Love you legend! Good luck!

Rids

The amazing Zorko won't be our captain this week. Looks like a very interesting GF.

Scrads

Quote from: nas on August 22, 2017, 08:18:33 AM
For Russia ... They are also the only team to make the finals every year of the competition

Um, excuse me? :P

Good luck to both sides! This is going to be a cracker!

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on August 24, 2017, 11:14:21 PM
Quote from: nas on August 22, 2017, 08:18:33 AM
For Russia ... They are also the only team to make the finals every year of the competition

Um, excuse me? :P

Good luck to both sides! This is going to be a cracker!

Whopps sorry scrads. This is macedonia not Russia. Little slip up there

Rids

Roulettes

Def: Luke Hodge, Shane Savage, Shaun Burgoyne, Zac Jones
Mids: Marcus Bontempelli, Dayne Zorko, Robbie Gray, Scott Selwood
Rucks: Matthew Kreuzer
Fwds: Toby Greene, Ryan Clarke, Jesse Hogan, Christian Petracca
Util: Travis Boak, Kurt Tippett

Emerg: Rhys Mathieson (Mid), Steven Motlop (Fwd), Brayden Maynard (Def)

Teams havent fallen our way but it is what it is at this time of year. Best of luck to JB. Hopefully a decent contest. Just waiting on Nostra to be online to confirm our captain.

elephants

Great writeup Holz, and goodluck to both teams. Hoping for a nil-all draw (so salty) :P

Rids

Quote from: Rids on August 25, 2017, 11:31:35 AM
Roulettes

Def: Luke Hodge, Shane Savage, Shaun Burgoyne, Zac Jones
Mids: Marcus Bontempelli (VC), Dayne Zorko, Robbie Gray, Scott Selwood
Rucks: Matthew Kreuzer
Fwds: Toby Greene, Ryan Clarke, Jesse Hogan, Christian Petracca
Util: Travis Boak (Capt), Kurt Tippett

Emerg: Rhys Mathieson (Mid), Steven Motlop (Fwd), Brayden Maynard (Def)

Teams havent fallen our way but it is what it is at this time of year. Best of luck to JB. Hopefully a decent contest. Just waiting on Nostra to be online to confirm our captain.

We were going to go Ablett captain prior to the late night out so we have settled on Boak (Capt) and Bont (VC).

JBs-Hawks

Def Shane Briggs, Zach Touhy, Jeremy Howe, Robert Murphy

Mid : tom Mitchell (c), dayne beams vc, Brendon Goddard,  David zaharakis

Ruck Zac Smith

Fwd Taylor Walker, Charlie Dixon, Joe Daniher, Pat Ryder

Int: Jack Steven, Nathan Jones

Emg Luke Shuey, Jake Carlisle, Josh Dunkley

nas

2017 Grand Final.

Quote from: Rids on August 25, 2017, 02:46:56 PM
Quote from: Rids on August 25, 2017, 11:31:35 AM
Roulettes

Def: Luke Hodge(47), Shane Savage (73), Shaun Burgoyne (75), Zac Jones (93)
Mids: Marcus Bontempelli (VC 86), Dayne Zorko (116), Robbie Gray (66), Scott Selwood (110)
Rucks: Matthew Kreuzer (107)
Fwds: Toby Greene (85), Ryan Clarke (104), Jesse Hogan (15), Christian Petracca (87)
Util: Travis Boak (Capt 72x2=144), Kurt Tippett (41)

Emerg: Rhys Mathieson (Mid 89), Steven Motlop (Fwd 61), Brayden Maynard (Def 97)

We were going to go Ablett captain prior to the late night out so we have settled on Boak (Capt) and Bont (VC).

VS

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 25, 2017, 02:58:38 PM
Def Shane Briggs (55), Zach Touhy (56), Jeremy Howe (83), Robert Murphy (63)

Mid : tom Mitchell (c 120x2=240), dayne beams (vc 76), Brendon Goddard (129),  David zaharakis (101)

Ruck Zac Smith (100)

Fwd Taylor Walker (DNP), Charlie Dixon (84), Joe Daniher (68), Pat Ryder (110), Jake Carlisle (83)

Int: Jack Steven (83), Nathan Jones (101)

Emg Luke Shuey (112), Jake Carlisle (83), Josh Dunkley (69)

Roulettes: 15 / 1,249

Lions: 15 / 1,432

Rids

Shane Biggs has played btw Friday night.

Jesse Hogan and now Tippett.... cant help injuries and bad luck!