Possible sub solution for next year

Started by js19, May 16, 2011, 05:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

js19

Hey,

I have, as most others, been badly shot in the nuts by the sub rule.

Because of this I have activated my huge brain to think up a possible solution to the problem (any developers out there listening?) 8)

Instead of picking 22 field players and copping the terrible sub scores on occasion, how about picking 21 field players and a sub (6/7 def, 6 mid, 2 ruck and 6/7 fwds for example)?

The sub could be from any position from the squad. Here comes the tricky part - the sub could be activated to replace your lowest scoring player in any position (Brodie Smith this week anyone?)

The other trick is to avoid people using a gun, say Swan, as the sub to eliminate a low score - The sub should only be activated to replace the lowest score below something like 45 points.

This means if your lowest score is 46, the sub doesn't count. Would make it interesting as to how good a player you use as a sub (fringe best 21 prob) and whether you will actually get the score - when a player is genuinely injured early, or subbed on late and gets a shower score you actually have (hopefully) a playing alternative.

Any takers?

Dunham29

That is very interesting. You wouldnt really want to put Swan as sub though cos if you have picked a good side noone should get below 45 so you need someone who scores well enough but you can still live without their score

bonebones

There is a much easier and straightforward solution:
Partial Lockouts after each game!

Spite

Quote from: bonebones on May 16, 2011, 11:24:19 AM
There is a much easier and straightforward solution:
Partial Lockouts after each game!

So you have to spend the whole weekend on the supercoach site? No.

I like your idea js19, it would make for some great tactics!!!

Ringo

Like this Idea. 21 on field plus sub plus 3 emergencies.  Would add another dimension to the game in that you would have to nominate a sub to be activated if required. Would have been handy this year for the few injuries we have had esp J Riewoldt.

meow meow

Who says there will even be a sub rule next year?

valkorum

Silly idea.  You are just trying to make DT/SC easier. 

js19

Yeah, a sub for Mundy this week would have been terrible wouldn't it...

AFEV

Quote from: meow meow on June 09, 2011, 03:57:15 PM
Who says there will even be a sub rule next year?
I think the AFL are pretty happy with it at the moment. I'd be very surprised if they scrapped it.

I don't like it. The sub added another dimension to the game, if you know what you are doing it isn't that hard to pick half a dozen players that are likely subs.